Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Officially Sign Calle Rosen | Also Sign Andreas Borgman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
****, Borgman the rookie of the year is a real good get only 21 yrs old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nice! What about Holm? Marlies are going to continue being good and some of these guys might even play for the big club.

I love this management so much. They aren't stupid and try to get better in a variety of different ways.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
We'd be lucky to get Zaitsev-level play from Rosen or Borgstrom next year. Great signings though.

Borgman is more of a prospect really he is only 21, Rosen is 24 (I think) but I don't think he is close to a zaitsev level FA

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
In other news, my sources (can't name them) have confirmed that on Friday the Leafs will announce that they signed the rest of Europe too. Like, the continent itself and everything it contains.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Well Mathews is already going to win rookie of the year in the nhl. Why not add another one...Swedish style.

Love the age
Love the cost
Love the signing.

Even though I never heard of him until yesterday. :popcorn:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Are there just no RD?

it's maybe not as important that media and fans make it out to be. get the best defenseman, worry about the handness later.

wasn't Borgman the one a LOT of ppl here wanted to get? yay on him.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
it's maybe not as important that media and fans make it out to be. get the best defenseman, worry about the handness later.

wasn't Borgman the one a LOT of ppl here wanted to get? yay on him.

Something has to give here. If you load up on the one side, they to be looking to trade for the other.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't know anything about these two, but overall a good move. Defensemen are so much harder to predict than forwards so keep throwing darts at the board and between draftees and signings like this, if you get 1-2 quality NHL defensemen out of it, it's a huge win. With the talent upfront for the Leafs, I'd be going heavy on defensemen after the 1st round in the upcoming draft.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Something has to give here. If you load up on the one side, they to be looking to trade for the other.

or some LHD will be forced to RHD. Apparently Nielsen played Right side in junior(I never saw him play so cant confirm) he is a long shot though. Im pretty sure Rosen was paired with Holm (we were thought to have signed him too!) one of those had to play off side they are both LHD

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If we got Holm as well I would expect they would have announced all three signings at once.

which must mean that the reporter in Sweden confused holm and rosen which is a little funny, but they were a pair so cut some slack.

Or we did and he wanted to wait until championships are over because he is playing now for sweden

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Borgman has some decent size at 6'0" 200lbs. He likely has the most Zaitsev-like potential out of the three Swedish free agents.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Borgman was the real deal last season. Hard to tell if these guys will have what it takes to transition their game to the NHL, but nevertheless two good signings for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->