Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Officially Sign Calle Rosen | Also Sign Andreas Borgman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
they both outplayed carrick by a mile

Yes Carrick was horrible. His strength is his skating and he did not use it enough last night. He also seemed to try to do too much and lost his positioning.
Maybe it was just 1st game rust but his track record is not stellar so you would hope he would come into camp on fire.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Feel like dermott and rosen are in competition for that 3rd pairing LD spot and borgman is in competition for that 3rd pairing RD spot with Carrick and polak

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Feel like rosen is in competition for that 3rd pairing LD spot with dermott and borgman is in competition for that 3rd pairing RD spot with Carrick and polak

I doubt they will put dermott at RD a spot he isn't accustomed to playing, and I don't know if borgman can play RD either he might be able to I don't know enough about him. I cant see them putting rookies in a position to fail at their 1st attempt of the NHL

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I doubt they will put dermott at RD a spot he isn't accustomed to playing, and I don't know if borgman can play RD either he might be able to I don't know enough about him. I cant see them putting rookies in a position to fail at their 1st attempt of the NHL

I can see one of the 3 players making. Not 2 or certainly not 3.

Most likely Rosen if he keeps playing the way he did.

I believe Dermott can still be sent back and so can Borgman

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Feel like rosen is in competition for that 3rd pairing LD spot with dermott and borgman is in competition for that 3rd pairing RD spot with Carrick and polak

Rosen has played a lot on the right side - probably far more than Borgman - so Rosen is in competition for either 3rd pairing side.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014

Oops i meant to put dermott with Rosen

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I thought he was great tonight. Keep seeing posters calling him slow. He's not Mason Raymond but I didn't see him getting burned either.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think I liked Rosen better after one game each?

Hopefully see another 2-3 games from both of them

I agree, but Rosen has more experience so I'm not surprised.

They both are in the competition for the last spots along with Dermott, Carrick, and Marincin.

Knowing how last year went, wouldn't be surprised to see 4 new defenders on the squad this year (including Hainsey).

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I thought he was great tonight. Keep seeing posters calling him slow. He's not Mason Raymond but I didn't see him getting burned either.

I agree. He looked solid...good skater, good hitter. A couple of weak reads but generally solid.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
They seemed to give Rosen an opportunity offensively, and on the PP last night. Borgman got a chance on both, but logged some good minutes on the PK. Something like that could definitely be in his favor, as we don't really need a fourth PP option but whoever draws in will likely need to play on the PK.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Rosen seemed to be a little more polished than Borgman from a first glance. Borgman isn't much of a presence on the powerplay point.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
i liked them both. Borgman was physical, and followed the play pretty well throughout the game until the end there.. and Rosen has a huge slapshot, I thought he chased the play a bit early but caught up to it later looking good in his showing.

I liked dermott more then both though.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
They seemed to give Rosen an opportunity offensively, and on the PP last night. Borgman got a chance on both, but logged some good minutes on the PK. Something like that could definitely be in his favor, as we don't really need a fourth PP option but whoever draws in will likely need to play on the PK.

??

Rosen played 3:28 of PK; Borgman 2:12.

I could also see Rosen taking the second PP unit position away from Zaitsev. I was really impressed with his shot.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I really liked Borgman's game tonight. Played physical, wasn't scared to jump into the play offensively. Looked infinite times better than Marincin lol

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Rosen was a monster tonight . I don't see why he wouldn't make the team if he has another 2-3 pre season games like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad