Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled forward Nick Robertson from the Toronto Marlies

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Miller has 1 more yr left at only 5.25m , in the last three seasons he has 175 pts in 173 games , he's not coming cheap and Robertson/Niemela and what will be a late 1st isn't insane value for the Nucks and it will be easily bested by other teams .
By who? Which teams will easily beat that? I could see maybe 1 to 2 teams willing to offer a better prospect. Robertson and niemela in some sites are top 20-25 prospects.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
By who? Which teams will easily beat that? I could see maybe 1 to 2 teams willing to offer a better prospect. Robertson and niemela in some sites are top 20-25 prospects.
If Miller was a Leaf I’d want at least 1 guaranteed quality piece coming back if I traded him so let’s stop acting like every prospect we have is a lock to be a future top 4 D or top 6 forward .

Also they could trade him next year and still get 1st and a solid prospect for him as a pending ufa so I’d expect they’d want more for trading him now .

Reactions: Apex Predator

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Nick Robertson gets the call with Leafs hit by stomach bug | The Star

Opportunity knocked Friday, and the speedy winger joined an undermanned Leafs team — hit by a stomach bug — in time for practice. He skated on a line with veterans Jason Spezza and Wayne Simmonds, and coach Sheldon Keefe said Robertson will play Saturday night against the Red Wings in Detroit.

“We’re going to put him in the game and just go from there,” Keefe said. “We just want to give him more experience and more opportunities to continue to grow.”

Ilya Mikheyev, John Tavares, Pierre Engvall and Travis Dermott all missed practice because of illness. Dermott skated for a bit, but left before drills began. Mikheyev left midway through Thursday’s 3-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild with a stomach issue. All of them made the trip and will be game-day decisions.

Goalie Jack Campbell will get the start in Detroit. Backup Petr Mrázek won Thursday, and played in Detroit the last time the teams met: a 7-4 Toronto win.

“I don’t want there to be long gaps between the starters for either of our guys the rest of the way,” Keefe said of his goaltending with 31 games left in the regular season. “That’s part of it. It’s just as simple as wanting to get Jack back in. Petr played last time in Detroit; it’s his former team. This time it’s Jack in his home state, so it’s really simple as that for me.”

But it was interesting that Robertson got the call ahead of more experienced options, such as Joey Anderson and Brett Seney. Every roster move until the March 21 trade deadline will add some measure of intrigue: Is he being showcased? Does the team need him for the playoffs? Or is it just that he’s the best player available?

“Him being here has less to do, frankly, with what’s happened since he’s come back from his (latest) injury, but more so our belief in the player and his skill set,” said Keefe. “He’s played for us before and he’s played well here before. So there’s an opportunity.”

This will be Robertson’s third go-round with the Leafs in a promising but injury-riddled start to his professional career. He scored his first NHL goal in the 2020 playoffs against Columbus and played six games for the Leafs last season, but suffered a concussion. Then in October, he broke his right leg in the Marlies’ second game.

Robertson, drafted 53rd overall in 2019, has been back for a couple of weeks and has three goals and five assists in nine games this season. And his defensive awareness has improved.

“He’s been great,” Marlies coach Greg Moore said. “He did a lot of work during his time injured. Since he’s come back, he’s getting stronger with each game. You look at where he’s at now compared to last year during his time with us, he’s becoming a much more mature version of himself. So everything’s trending in the right direction."

“His defensive responsibilities, his decisions with the puck, playing the score while considering the clock, his structure offensively and defensively. It’s a lot of things coming together for him.”

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
If Miller was a Leaf I’d want at least 1 guaranteed quality piece coming back if I traded him so let’s stop acting like every prospect we have is a lock to be a future top 4 D or top 6 forward .

Also they could trade him next year and still get 1st and a solid prospect for him as a pending ufa so I’d expect they’d want more for trading him now .
I never once said the leafs prospects were a lock to be a top 4 D or or a top 6 forward.

I’m curious to know which of these prospects could easily beat the leafs prospects. I’m sure there are maybe a couple. But I’d like to know which prospect is better and which team would give said prospect up.

Cause you know shit teams won’t give one up. So that eliminates a bunch right there. Than you have teams that are borderline to make the playoffs. So most of the teams most likely won’t deal their top prospects.

than you have legit teams who might not want to give up top prospects because they are in a good situation to go far.

so instead of talking about the leafs prospects why don’t you tell me which ones would be available so there could be a discussion. Cause all I ever read around here is that teams could easily beat torontos package but never want to list any teams or prospects.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I mean if Vancouver and or Nashville want to shoot themselves in the foot that would be okay.

In the Van trade they win that hands down as Mik is younger more skilled plus the add ons of Holl and the pick Jesus that would be a brutal overpay I'd do Holl and a pick but no chance Mik goes for JT Miller unless it's straight up

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
See where he is on the goal... infront of the net like Bunting. Need more of that. Not fly bys.

Even though the Jets lost last night I watched Kyle Connor with interest and he spent all night circling in the O zone, constantly on the move like a shark and he kept ending up at the same place, blue paint! Fighting for position working through checks, taking pucks away in corners, no floating, no watching, just playing and imposing his will.

6'1" 182 30G 26A

Our skill guys all have to do that not just a couple of them.

Reactions: Burnie97

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Even though the Jets lost last night I watched Kyle Connor with interest and he spent all night circling in the O zone, constantly on the move like a shark and he kept ending up at the same place, blue paint! Fighting for position working through checks, taking pucks away in corners, no floating, no watching, just playing and imposing his will.

6'1" 182 30G 26A

Our skill guys all have to do that not just a couple of them.

Kyle Connor is very much a Matthews-lite. They play a very similar game. I’d argue he is far and away the Jets best and most valuable player.

Reactions: fahad203

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I never once said the leafs prospects were a lock to be a top 4 D or or a top 6 forward.

I’m curious to know which of these prospects could easily beat the leafs prospects. I’m sure there are maybe a couple. But I’d like to know which prospect is better and which team would give said prospect up.

Cause you know shit teams won’t give one up. So that eliminates a bunch right there. Than you have teams that are borderline to make the playoffs. So most of the teams most likely won’t deal their top prospects.

than you have legit teams who might not want to give up top prospects because they are in a good situation to go far.

so instead of talking about the leafs prospects why don’t you tell me which ones would be available so there could be a discussion. Cause all I ever read around here is that teams could easily beat torontos package but never want to list any teams or prospects.
It’s not just about who’d offer a better prospect , it’s also about who’d offer a more proven prospect/young player which means someone who’s already playing in the NHL who hasn’t broken out but has showed potential quality upside since as I said I’d want to make sure I got at least one NHL piece back with my lottery tickets for a guy who’s cheap and has been ppg for the last 3 years and is still in his prime if it was us trading him .

hell we paid a 1st ++ for a washed up injured Foligno last t/d

Last edited:

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
In the Van trade they win that hands down as Mik is younger more skilled plus the add ons of Holl and the pick Jesus that would be a brutal overpay I'd do Holl and a pick but no chance Mik goes for JT Miller unless it's straight up

With all due respect, throw out the Toronto Maple Leaf cigars, candy and paper towels. J.T. Miller is a substantial NHL player, whom, I have personally been scouting for years.

Peak years now, improved his game substantially and CHEAP as heck.

Vancouver is in a playoff race because of him, and they might just make it.

He is better than Nylander, close to being as important as Marner.

None of our prospects are sure things, none of them, and our first will be 20 plus.

We have nothing of value to trade to get a prize like J.T. Miller.

As another poster accurately outlined, Vancouver, if they are out of the race next year, could still get a far better package than what you are ridiculously suggesting.

Sorry brother, but if you and any other Leaf fan who only sees blue and whjite, could never post, a silly trade suggestion, it would make my day even finer.

No bad feelings, but lets stay logical.

Unless Larry Tanenbaum threw in a secret wire for five million, they ain't trading Miller for bags and bones.

If Vancouver, being only a smattering amount of points out of a playoff spot, traded Miller, I have to think, they would lose a percentage of their fan base.

If it happens shame on me, and I will have a crow protein shake for all to see.

But lets drop the fantasies.

Watching Campbell fall off a cliff the past month has been stressful enough.

Reactions: therealkoho

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
With all due respect, throw out the Toronto Maple Leaf cigars, candy and paper towels. J.T. Miller is a substantial NHL player, whom, I have personally been scouting for years.

Peak years now, improved his game substantially and CHEAP as heck.

Vancouver is in a playoff race because of him, and they might just make it.

He is better than Nylander, close to being as important as Marner.

None of our prospects are sure things, none of them, and our first will be 20 plus.

We have nothing of value to trade to get a prize like J.T. Miller.

As another poster accurately outlined, Vancouver, if they are out of the race next year, could still get a far better package than what you are ridiculously suggesting.

Sorry brother, but if you and any other Leaf fan who only sees blue and whjite, could never post, a silly trade suggestion, it would make my day even finer.

No bad feelings, but lets stay logical.

Unless Larry Tanenbaum threw in a secret wire for five million, they ain't trading Miller for bags and bones.

If Vancouver, being only a smattering amount of points out of a playoff spot, traded Miller, I have to think, they would lose a percentage of their fan base.

If it happens shame on me, and I will have a crow protein shake for all to see.

But lets drop the fantasies.

Watching Campbell fall off a cliff the past month has been stressful enough.

What cheap crack have you smoked this morning?

Literally a series on long winded borderline incoherent posts

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Just some notes to consider. I don't want to get into it too much cause I'm not sure Miller is the direction we want to go in anyway but:

JT Miller is on pace for a 32 goal, 91 point season and would place second on Leafs scoring at this very moment with his totals. He's also signed for 1 more year after this. He's 28.

Mikheyev is one year younger, age 27. And has 11 points in 22 games and is a UFA.

Justin Holl has been scratched the last 2 games. He just turned 30. The Canucks would be making this trade to rebuild.

Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Just some notes to consider. I don't want to get into it too much cause I'm not sure Miller is the direction we want to go in anyway but:

JT Miller is on pace for a 32 goal, 91 point season and would place second on Leafs scoring at this very moment with his totals. He's also signed for 1 more year after this. He's 28.

Mikheyev is one year younger, age 27. And has 11 points in 22 games and is a UFA.

Justin Holl has been scratched the last 2 games. He just turned 30. The Canucks would be making this trade to rebuild.
He was a monster the other night against the Flames, he'd look so good on JTs LW. Elite level shooter, and doesn't take a back seat, constantly engages looking for openings and weakness in the opposition. Think a composed somewhat larger version of Naz, just as nasty.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He was a monster the other night against the Flames, he'd look so good on JTs LW. Elite level shooter, and doesn't take a back seat, constantly engages looking for openings and weakness in the opposition. Think a composed somewhat larger version of Naz, just as nasty.

I think he has a bit of Darcy Tucker in him too. Just a scrappy, jerk personality to go with the power forward-lite game. Again, I'm not sure if he's THE acquisition if we can buy one shiny toy, but he's really good, brings what we lack and is in the midst of his career peak.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
His brother is 75% of him :naughty:
upload_2022-2-26_12-23-3.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00