Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled forward Nick Robertson from the Toronto Marlies

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Normally I wouldn't do a thread for this... but this should be fun.

YES. I was just saying I want to see him play. Awesome.

And I hope it's not to showcase him but that another LW in the bottom half of the team is getting shipped out... or they're letting Robertson play leading up to the deadline to see if they could send Mik/ Engvall for picks for another trade etc.

Reactions: ToneDog

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
YES. I was just saying I want to see him play. Awesome.

And I hope it's not to showcase him but that another LW in the bottom half of the team is getting shipped out... or they're letting Robertson play leading up to the deadline to see if they could send Mik/ Engvall for picks for another trade etc.
Mik's days here are numbered .. he will be used as part of a transaction to get a top 4D for playoff run

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I see a few scenarios here...

1) He could just be called up for some NHL pay/Cap juggling
2) He could be Mikheyev's backup if he's not ready to go
3) The team might be looking at how he plays with the team before making a big splash for a forward
4) ALL OF THE ABOVE

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He is gonna get his chance now .. lets hope he makes an impression .. Mik is gone anywho so why not try him out in garbage time before playoffs

Reactions: DarkKnight

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I see a few scenarios here...

1) He could just be called up for some NHL pay/Cap juggling
2) He could be Mikheyev's backup if he's not ready to go
3) The team might be looking at how he plays with the team before making a big splash for a forward
4) ALL OF THE ABOVE

Leafs don't really have any juggling to do. They can dip into LTIR. They can easily and without worry ice a 23 player roster.

It's definitely a good excuse to recall your top prospect who has been great while Mikheyev questionable for tomorrows game. I think even if Mikheyev is ready to go they might sit him for an extra day off to play Robertson.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Throw him into the fire:

Robby-Tavares-Nylander

Don't think, just do.
I'm not sure of that. That line has been struggling. I'm thinking 3rd like with kamp and kase would be a good fit and safer to get him back to the NHL level, but what do I know?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I like what I've seem from the kid but I think we need a bigger winger in our top 6. Having said that, let's see what the kid can do playing with JT and Willie. Hopefully Willie decides to start playing soon.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not sure of that. That line has been struggling. I'm thinking 3rd like with kamp and kase would be a good fit and safer to get him back to the NHL level, but what do I know?

Robertson is a good player but I don't think sacking him with a heavy defensive zone starting line is how you get the most out of him. You're really not giving him a good chance to shine.

While Tavares and Nylander are struggling, they had a solid game yesterday with some solid chances. Not great but they'll cash in soon. Robertson on that line might just be what they need, someone with the hot hand and with likely a ton of energy.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I like Mik, but it really feels like he doesn't wanna be here. I think we are a better team with him though, he kind of reminds me of Kulemin in his best years here.

I think he wants a bigger role without having earned it. Also doesn't move the needle at all when the playoff begin (heavier games). Don't see them re-signing him - move him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad