Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled forward Nick Robertson from the Toronto Marlies

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That sucks. There is a bad stomach bug going around. Know a few people that got it and they said they literally were shitting their pants and bed. Which is not fun cause I’ve done that a few times.

upload_2022-2-25_18-35-20.png
hiiiiddddyyyy hooooo

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Robertson might have been recalled to show case him, as the trade deadline approaches.

With Amirov out of commission with brain tumor presently that really puts Robertson near the top of the prospect list ,of available prospects to deal.

A rumour suggested a scenario where Leafs get TJ Miller & the Nucks get a 1st,Roberstson + Topi Niemela and the Leafs turned it down.I'm glad they did.

Reactions: Stigma

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
A rumour suggested a scenario where Leafs get TJ Miller & the Nucks get a 1st,Roberstson + Topi Niemela and the Leafs turned it down.I'm glad they did.
That would be great value for Vancouver. Not so much for the Leafs, especially when a dman is much more of an obvious need.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Why is everyone talking about shipping out Mikheyev to make room for Robertson?

Why don't we healthy scratch the useless plug, Wayne Simmonds?

Reactions: geo25

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Zeke mentioned it yeaterday but recalls indicate Leafs are expecting Muzzin to be gone until the playoffs.

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Zeke mentioned it yeaterday but recalls indicate Leafs are expecting Muzzin to be gone until the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Let me start by saying that I wish all the best to Muzzin and if he could be back by the playoffs that would be amazing... but health and his family come above all else.

I liked it for the fact they can make a move. It's not the way you would like it to happen of course but many options available now.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe I’m way off, but to put Robertson in a position where he needs to fit right into the 2nd line LW position, is asking quite a bit from someone who recently came back from a big injury.

I mean, even if he plays fairly well, I don’t expect Dubas is going to fool himself into thinking that he doesn’t need to address the top six need. If he’s going to look to improve our top six forward unit, it has to be with a proven commodity, imo.

You're not wrong.

I think conventional prospect development, you might leave a guy on the farm for a year or two and then you bring them up at 21-22 and they're chomping at the bit. With Robertson they just can't stop testing him out and yo-yo'ing him. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

They have an interesting approach force feeding him into the top six, though. Gives him the best chance of being a DeBrincat if he has it in him. Let's face it, he won't be impressing anyone starting out on the 4th line role.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Vancouver is trending up, J.T. Miller is playing outstanding hockey and we are going to gather up three different sized sacks of mouldy potatoes for the guy?

What I like about this board, currently, is that there is a pretty logical bias now as opposed to, in past years, ridiculous trade examples.

J.T. Miller is cheap as f...k and signed for another year.

If you offered up,Nylander, even up, Vancouver would probably dislodge a lung laughing.

Please people, as we get closer to the deadline, no over fan, trade scenarios, it was hard for me to listen to at 15, much tougher now.

If we threw in Nylander plus a first, Vancouver would still laugh. And hard.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Vancouver is trending up, J.T. Miller is playing outstanding hockey and we are going to gather up three different sized sacks of mouldy potatoes for the guy?

What I like about this board, currently, is that there is a pretty logical bias now as opposed to, in past years, ridiculous trade examples.

If you offered up,m Nylander, even up, Vancouver would probably dislodge a lung laughing.

Please people, as we get closer to the deadline, no over fan, trade scenarios, it was hard for to listen to at 15, much tougher now.

Well, I'm glad you can't make that decision.
And then to top it off, you make a laughable trade scenario.

Nylander carried this team on his back in last year's playoffs, he ain't going anywhere.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

If you offered up,Nylander, even up, Vancouver would probably dislodge a lung laughing.

Please people, as we get closer to the deadline, no over fan, trade scenarios, it was hard for me to listen to at 15, much tougher now.

Why in the world would JT Miller be on the block?

Must be a problem in the locker or something.

Reactions: trellaine201

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I have observed J.T. Miller for about five years, love to have him in my foxhole.

Nylander, not at all. Just sayin., Can Nylander play? Sure, but I have found him to be diffident since the day I laid eyes on him. Not a foxhole partner at all, in my book standards.

Good question actually, who would you want in your foxhole in the entire NHL?

Leafs?

And where did I say J T was on the block? Guy is the cheapest, best value in the NHL and I am seeing all kinds of scenarios here, where we trade a slew of bags, of vary degrees of weight of pucks for a truly tending, great NHL player.

Hey, if Dubas can pull something off for the guy, fine, but he won't Vancouver is three points out of a playoff spot. And JT Miller is their best forward.

LMFAO, we are going to get him for Holl and Robertson and a prospect?

Embarassing for our board.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I have observed J.T. Miller for about five years, love to have him in my foxhole.

Nylander, not at all. Just sayin., Can Nylander play? Sure, but I have found him to be diffident since the day I laid eyes on him. Not a foxhole partner at all, in my book standards.

Good question actually, who would you want in your foxhole in the entire NHL?

Leafs?

And where did I say J T was on the block? Guy is the cheapest, best value in the NHL and I am seeing all kinds of scenarios here, where we trade a slew of bags, of vary degrees of weight of pucks for a truly tending, great NHL player.

Hey, if Dubas can pull something off for the guy, fine, but he won't Vancouver is three points out of a playoff spot. And JT Miller is their best forward.

LMFAO, we are going to get him for Holl and Robertson and a prospect?

Embarassing for our board.

I highly doubt Canucks are moving him so the media guys are either making things up or Canucks have a problem with him.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
JT Miller hell yeah, but not at that price.

Chychrun or (total pipe dream) Klingberg and the understanding that he’s willing to sign, since it looks like Muzzin is shopping for a waterfront villa on Robidas Island.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Miller has 1 more yr left at only 5.25m , in the last three seasons he has 175 pts in 173 games , he's not coming cheap and Robertson/Niemela and what will be a late 1st isn't insane value for the Nucks and it will be easily bested by other teams .

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Happy to see Robertson getting back to the show. I hope he plays well.

I'm curious to see if Tavares plays. I'm wondering if getting Nylander some games at C re-ignites his play.

Just for fun:

Bunting/Matthews/Marner...with Matthews ever developing D awareness, match up against the top line of whoever we play. Maybe not as much production, but still.
Mikheyev/Kampf/Engvall...shutdown, pure and simple, lock out the other team's #2
Kerfoot/Nylander/Kase...that's a fast, and I'd guess somewhat dangerous line, can they defend, maybe?
Robertson/Tavares/Spezza...what an education for NR!

Matthews' line gets it's 17m/g ES, the rest is on Keefe per situation.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I want to see tricky Nicky @ <$900k get a good look on LW L2 before trading him and many assets for 1.25 years of JT Miller @$5.25 million.
Let’s hope he runs with it, tons of time with the training staff the last year and a half.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
In what world does the useless plug, Wayne Simmonds get to play over Engvall?
I personally don’t like Engvall so it’s a bias preference, but I think if Nick comes up and shows he belongs we end up trading one of Mikheyev Engvall or Kerfoot for picks. I agree Simmonds hasn’t been good lately but for playoff hockey we will need a guy like him in the line up

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I personally don’t like Engvall so it’s a bias preference, but I think if Nick comes up and shows he belongs we end up trading one of Mikheyev Engvall or Kerfoot for picks. I agree Simmonds hasn’t been good lately but for playoff hockey we will need a guy like him in the line up

Engval and Mikey are only good when they play together They are the only ones who can keep up to one another. Separated they are lost.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Keefes says Robertson will play tonight, I'm assuming he will be on the 2nd or 3rd line?

If he plays well for a long stretch that opens the door to trade pending UFA Mikheyev.

Reactions: geo25

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Ma high ev, should be retained. No one will give much for him and if he is smart, he will play hard during the playoffs, to enrich himself.

A no brainer, retainer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2