Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled forward Nick Robertson from the Toronto Marlies

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
That's not math. THIS is math!

upload_2022-2-26_13-39-28.jpeg

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Looks like Keefe has him starting on the fourth line. Let him get his feet wet first than possibly move up the lineup.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I can see Keefe putting him with Nylander and Tavares at some point tonight. Something needs to get those 2 going, especially Tavares.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
It's kind of a waste calling him up just to play him on the fourth line. It's time to see what the kid can do.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If he is being showcased I hope it isn't for Klingberg.

That is all.
Why would you want Klingberg, out of curiosity? He's an offensive dman, I feel like we need a bruiser. Giordano may be the best one available, and I'm not giving up Robertson for him. Some will say Chiarot is the answer, I don't feel the same way.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Robertson should be out there Marner and Matthews or with Tavares and Nylander. It's a blowout and the kid is going to be a top 6 by next year, hopefully. Let the kid play with other offensive players.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
With all due respect, throw out the Toronto Maple Leaf cigars, candy and paper towels. J.T. Miller is a substantial NHL player, whom, I have personally been scouting for years.

Peak years now, improved his game substantially and CHEAP as heck.

Vancouver is in a playoff race because of him, and they might just make it.

He is better than Nylander, close to being as important as Marner.

None of our prospects are sure things, none of them, and our first will be 20 plus.

We have nothing of value to trade to get a prize like J.T. Miller.

As another poster accurately outlined, Vancouver, if they are out of the race next year, could still get a far better package than what you are ridiculously suggesting.

Sorry brother, but if you and any other Leaf fan who only sees blue and whjite, could never post, a silly trade suggestion, it would make my day even finer.

No bad feelings, but lets stay logical.

Unless Larry Tanenbaum threw in a secret wire for five million, they ain't trading Miller for bags and bones.

If Vancouver, being only a smattering amount of points out of a playoff spot, traded Miller, I have to think, they would lose a percentage of their fan base.

If it happens shame on me, and I will have a crow protein shake for all to see.

But lets drop the fantasies.

Watching Campbell fall off a cliff the past month has been stressful enough.

So according to you
JT Miller is equal to
Ilya mikheyev, Justin Holl and a pick...I'd like to know what you're smoking and where I can get some of that?
Nobody is saying JT Miller isn't talented or sucks. I am purely stating a fact, Ilya mikheyev is not a 3rd liner on most teams in the NHL he's a second liner with 1st line potential we happen to be stupidly top heavy and as such he doesn't get the look he'd get on other teams in the league...secondly he's top 10 in terms of speed in the league bar none
Justin Holl for all the hate he gets is a solid 4-5 (closer to 5) NHL defenseman who just hasnt figured out the consistency part of the equation as of yet
Add in a pick and that is a COLOSSAL overpay for a guy who is a 2nd liner on our current team as built

Don't care how much you "scout" him you are over valuing him quite a bit...maybe it's the resume...maybe it's he's having a career year...but while he is a talented gritty 2-way forward, he would not make a massive difference on the Toronto Maple Leafs aside from an extra 5-6 hits a game

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
So according to you
JT Miller is equal to
Ilya mikheyev, Justin Holl and a pick...I'd like to know what you're smoking and where I can get some of that?
Nobody is saying JT Miller isn't talented or sucks. I am purely stating a fact, Ilya mikheyev is not a 3rd liner on most teams in the NHL he's a second liner with 1st line potential we happen to be stupidly top heavy and as such he doesn't get the look he'd get on other teams in the league...secondly he's top 10 in terms of speed in the league bar none
Justin Holl for all the hate he gets is a solid 4-5 (closer to 5) NHL defenseman who just hasnt figured out the consistency part of the equation as of yet
Add in a pick and that is a COLOSSAL overpay for a guy who is a 2nd liner on our current team as built

Don't care how much you "scout" him you are over valuing him quite a bit...maybe it's the resume...maybe it's he's having a career year...but while he is a talented gritty 2-way forward, he would not make a massive difference on the Toronto Maple Leafs aside from an extra 5-6 hits a game

What crack are you smoking on?

Mikheyev's value is no where near J.T. Miller's.

Miller is on pace for 90+ points this season and you think Mikheyev is more skilled than him?
Seriously, you smoking on meth there, buddy?

Miller's value is probably Robertson + 2 1sts.

Mikheyev is a good 3rd liner, his value is maybe a 2nd + a C prospect.
Holl has no value (maybe a 3rd or a 4th?).

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
So according to you
JT Miller is equal to

Holl is barely an NHL deman, Mikhe is marginal at this time. Maybe will be 2nd liner, or even 1st liner, BUT, the GOAL, is to win STANLEY CUP....NOW, not fall in love with how a guy will be in 1 or 2 yrs. Miller is a player TODAY.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Unfortunately wasn’t able to watch last nights game. Glad to hear that Robertson, even though not cracking the scoresheet put up a solid game. Hopefully we see him in the lineup for longer than just one game.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, not sure what else he could do in nine minutes.
Hustled. Agitated. Defensive awareness. Found some openings to shoot.
He might actually be a great fit with Spezza/Simmonds bringing energy.
And flip him with Kerf on the second line in spots.
if he can bring that energy for 14/15 mins a game, the need for another forward decreases.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Robertson's been hustling which is great to see but I think as he settles in it will be good to see him dial some of the dog on a bone tendencies back as the organization alluded to in training camp.

He's almost got 6'3" power forward software. I think for him to utilize his shot most effectively he'll need to find ways to ghost around the ice more and have space to crank the shot. You see that with Caufield, who is a little guy. And Brett Hull and Steven Stamkos famously drift in and out of the play.

Reactions: therealkoho

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I liked his game. He'll need to simplify things a little and pay attention to detail. I get it, he's trying to impress and for the most part he did with the exception of a little too much chasing the puck/play with a big lead when focusing on defensive assignments should be the priority. He'll get it soon enough though, i'm not worried.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Looked good last game. I agree with sitting Simmonds if Engvall is healthy enough to play.

Bunting Matthews Marner
Robertson Tavares Nylander
Kerfoot Kampf Kase
Engvall Spezza Mikheyev

Reactions: therealkoho

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Looked good last game. I agree with sitting Simmonds if Engvall is healthy enough to play.

Bunting Matthews Marner
Robertson Tavares Nylander
Kerfoot Kampf Kase
Engvall Spezza Mikheyev

If Robertson hits his ceiling, that's the best top 6 in the league for free. And perfect for the playoffs given that third line has a great shutdown C and good overall speed.

Reactions: The Podium

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
So according to you
JT Miller is equal to

not even close and just an embarrassing take. Ilya is also an ufa.

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad