Managerial merry go round part II

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not completely up to date in this thread, but Blanc makes too much sense for Arsenal?

Not saying Arteta might not work, but that is a huge gamble. Not sure why it is necessary to take it when you got good alternatives available. And for Blanc why wouldn't he want it? I agree it is tricky to take over from managers that have been at a club for a long period of time, but as others have mentioned this is not Ferguson leaving with a PL title. If anything I expect Arsenal to bounce back a bit next season regardless of what they do in the summer and who they hire. Arsenal haven't got a fantastic squad, but right now I think it is underperforming. So if I were Blanc I wouldn't be too worried about taking over from Wenger.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Doesn't sound like too much even though they have the highest ticket prices in the world.

Yeah it's not. They probably can't spend more due to regulations either, and there are very few players they can get sale money for. Ramsey is the only one that really comes to mind. They also did just have a summer where they spent 80m and lost CL money for two years running.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Unzue leaving Celta by mutual decision. Missing out on Europe was disappointing for the club so I'm assuming he was essentially let go.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think around £50m is the minimum they need to spend to even keep pace with their current spot.

They'll not be surpassed for 6th even if they spent nothing.

To get in the top four I think they need to spend 100m net. The other teams have much better defenders than they do.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Emery is a bad fit for that roster's strengths and basically concedes the top 4. While they probably could've done worse, this is a very unambitious hire and they could've done much better...or at least someone who might be a lot better.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Bienvenido señor

Ddvmb7cV4AM8x6u.jpg

Reactions: Big Kahuna

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Well, he’s more along the lines of what I said they might think about doing which was a transition guy to steady the ship, start a rebuild and get them back to closer where they want to be. Then get the prodigy.

He isn’t the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad