Managerial merry go round part II

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Inter sack Pioli

Advocaat is the new manager of the Dutch NT, he will leave Fenerbahce at the end of the season

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Infosport+ reports here that Dortmund and Favre are working on a contract and that Nice knows about his departure.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
After saving Birmingham City from relegation, Redknapp will stay on for next season but with him you never know :D

Bauza only weeks after getting the sack at Argentina is the new manager of the UAE national team

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
From Watzke to Arsenal...good god would that be cruel. Tuchel should take the NT job from Jogi until someone like Bayern has an opening.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
From Watzke to Arsenal...good god would that be cruel. Tuchel should take the NT job from Jogi until someone like Bayern has an opening.

Has Tuchel really shown enough for a job at Bayern?
He has proven to be a good coach, but a great one? I'd rate his work at Dortmund as good but not great but even if they win the German Cup, his accomplishments simply do not compare to any Bayern coach in recent years - except Klinsmann, and we know how that ended.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Has Tuchel really shown enough for a job at Bayern?
He has proven to be a good coach, but a great one? I'd rate his work at Dortmund as good but not great but even if they win the German Cup, his accomplishments simply do not compare to any Bayern coach in recent years - except Klinsmann, and we know how that ended.

He has, yes - to anyone who judges his work on anything other than a couple of disappointing results. Suggesting a parallel to Klinsmann is very funny. Klinsmann coasted into prominent managerial gigs as a famous ex-player, and his only strength was motivational type material and off-pitch training. Tuchel was a nobody ex-player who nonetheless developed a vast understanding of tactics, which he generally deploys very well. If anything, Ancelotti is more like Klinsmann, coasting on his fame as a player and success in past gigs, and at the moment few fans and fewer journalists are willing to grapple with his shortcomings this year. Very typical of most fans to judge managers by what they've won rather than how they've qualifiably fostered the team's on-field performance and prepared them for future success.

Anyway, my money would be on Nagelsmann succeeding Ancelotti.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
He has, yes - to anyone who judges his work on anything other than a couple of disappointing results. Suggesting a parallel to Klinsmann is very funny. Klinsmann coasted into prominent managerial gigs as a famous ex-player, and his only strength was motivational type material and off-pitch training. Tuchel was a nobody ex-player who nonetheless developed a vast understanding of tactics, which he generally deploys very well. If anything, Ancelotti is more like Klinsmann, coasting on his fame as a player and success in past gigs, and at the moment few fans and fewer journalists are willing to grapple with his shortcomings this year. Very typical of most fans to judge managers by what they've won rather than how they've qualifiably fostered the team's on-field performance and prepared them for future success.

Anyway, my money would be on Nagelsmann succeeding Ancelotti.

I am not doubting his tactical ability and coaching ability (although from both Mainz and now Dortmund there seem to be a few problems on a personal level) and would never even consider comparing that to Klinsmann, but merely that he is proven enough for Bayern. I just can't see Bayern hiring a coach whose biggest results are keeping Mainz in the league and Dortmund at 2nd/3rd place and maybe winning the German Cup once. Same goes for Nagelsmann - I simply don't think that qualifying for the CL once will be enough for the Bayern bosses. If you look at their last coaches (van Gaal, Heynckes, Guardiola and Ancelotti), Tuchel and Nagelsmann simply do not belong yet. Of course that takes noting away from the great work they have done.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I am not doubting his tactical ability and coaching ability (although from both Mainz and now Dortmund there seem to be a few problems on a personal level) and would never even consider comparing that to Klinsmann, but merely that he is proven enough for Bayern. I just can't see Bayern hiring a coach whose biggest results are keeping Mainz in the league and Dortmund at 2nd/3rd place and maybe winning the German Cup once. Same goes for Nagelsmann - I simply don't think that qualifying for the CL once will be enough for the Bayern bosses. If you look at their last coaches (van Gaal, Heynckes, Guardiola and Ancelotti), Tuchel and Nagelsmann simply do not belong yet. Of course that takes noting away from the great work they have done.

I think they will go for a tactical/teacher type coach this time rather than a player manager. Seems they alternate between the two styles. Tuchel and Nagelsmann are the two obvious choices. Maybe Löw or Klopp I suppose if they want to go the "proven winner" route.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Favre to Dortmund stories were in full swing again today.

The Rheinische Post reported that Tuchel has an offer standing from Leverkusen. lol. Funniest thing would be if he went to Schalke actually. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll take a year off again and wait for one of the big English jobs, Bayern, or the German national team to open up. I don't think that will happen this summer.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If Jogi has any decency he'll step down immediately.

:laugh: It's certainly not going to happen. Only way a coaching change would come at this point would be if they were underperforming in qualifying, and they're not. Maybe Jogi will have had his fill of the national team after the WM.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Favre to Dortmund stories were in full swing again today.

The Rheinische Post reported that Tuchel has an offer standing from Leverkusen. lol. Funniest thing would be if he went to Schalke actually. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll take a year off again and wait for one of the big English jobs, Bayern, or the German national team to open up. I don't think that will happen this summer.

Very possible, Tuchel won't join a German club except Bayern. Possibly an EPL top club, but not this summer.

I read Nice is open for negotiation (Favre).

There must be more behind the BvB/Tuchel thing than we know. What happens to Tuchel is classless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad