Managerial merry go round part II

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's not getting sacked, and he hates Bayern anyway. People need to stop with this. They would have to pay him off 25 or 30 million, which is a lot of money for Liverpool. Keita is only coming because Klopp is there. van Dijk only wants to go to Liverpool because Klopp is there. As soon as he goes, people wouldn't get the players they want so bad.

He needs to send the **** players where they belong. There's only two of them who are regulars in the team anyway. End of story. The only thing he has really done wrong is he hasn't been quick enough to get rid of the **** the last manager brought in.
It is ludicrous to even think about firing Klopp. As Liverpool have made great strides under him and there's no clear cut better option. However, he is not beyond criticism (not that's what you're suggesting) if pool don't make the top 4... he bears the brunt of the blame IMO.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, it would be his fault, but in that case then you go again. Can't fire someone after two years where they achieved something they shouldn't have been able to achieve without spending hardly any money at all, then one weird year.

The owners are also screwing him because one of the players he wants to keep (Can) wants a release clause and the club refuses to have one put in any contracts.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I wonder if Kloppo comes to Bayern next year if he gets sacked at Liverpool this year. I would probably prefer him to Nagelsmann but then again, I'd find his need to always talk in media and his sideline thing to be annoying.
Why would anyone but Bayern's opponents want Klopp to manage them? A coach who's biggest issue has been an inability to break down parked busses for a job that largely consists of breaking down parked busses. It's a terrible match. Tuchel is a vastly better fit, and he's actually available.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
LVG has lost it LOOOOONG ago.

But nice to see you downplay the Blanc possibility and defend the LVG :nod: :)

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
LVG has lost it LOOOOONG ago.

But nice to see you downplay the Blanc possibility and defend the LVG :nod: :)

Errr, I remember you playing up the importance of Blanc winning L1 with an underdog around the same time as LVG was reviving Bayern. Neither are great options and as a fan of a rival, I would be happy with either. Bayern do need a tactically-minded coach now, though, and LVG is more that kind of coach than Blanc. His tenure at United wasn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be, either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Incredible you put them in the same basket. Blanc has actually been great with PSG and Bordeaux. LVG hasn''t been great in a decade.
His tenure wasn't as bad? He had the same stats as his predecessor !!!

Bayern needs a coach that can break regrouped defenses. Guess what Blanc did every week with PSG?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Van Gaal is way past it. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy past it.

Enjoy the 1-1 draws and speeches about dominating "poshession"

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
LvG would be about the worst possible coach for Bayern at the moment.

I hope it happens.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Incredible you put them in the same basket. Blanc has actually been great with PSG and Bordeaux. LVG hasn''t been great in a decade.
His tenure wasn't as bad? He had the same stats as his predecessor !!!

Bayern needs a coach that can break regrouped defenses. Guess what Blanc did every week with PSG?

I'm not a big fan of Blanc's PSG tenure. The team was entertaining, but the quality seemed to come from the creativity of his players, and they were really disappointing in big matches. I don't think he would take Bayern to the next level. Of course, either coach could turn Bayern back into a team that dominates the Bundesliga.

Bayern atm needs far more work on their defensive coordination than on their offense. They haven't been struggling to score; but their defense has looked really shaky, and I don't think it's down to the players. Pep's team was a defensive stalwart with a similar group of defenders if not slightly worse.

It has certainly been less than a decade since LvG was unquestionably good, since he took over Bayern less than a decade ago. And as his teams have been more defensive lately, perhaps he would be a good fit.

LvG would be about the worst possible coach for Bayern at the moment.

I hope it happens.

Maybe the worst possible coach whom they'd seriously consider. But I don't know about that even.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
There's a picture out there apparently from tomorrow's BILD that says Heynckes will take over at Bayern for this season. Not entirely positive it's real, but it looks like it, to me.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hearing it's real, and saw another page. Heynckes back, Nagelsmann next summer.

If they had had Pep for another year, the Jupp to Nagelsmann plan would set Bayern up to dominate again. But I think Carlo has destroyed too much of the possession structure that Pep left behind. Jupp could settle the ship, but I wouldn't be surprised if he failed to win the league.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Heynckes is never too humiliated to take the Bayern job short term or when his successor is already in place. Feeling optimistic for this season.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Regarding age, bottom of the league Falkirk had a 77 year old in charge at the weekend after sacking Peter Houston and they won, so an apparently senile van Gaal might not be so bad.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
As stated in the German football thread I actually think it's a good idea.

If that is what happens, I'm not against it, either. That said, since the Nagelsmann thing is unconfirmed, there's a bit of a question mark out there. If we're just delaying a decision because Tuchel seemed too demanding to Hoeneß, and we don't get JN in the summer, this is dreadful. I mean, there's been half-joking reports about Löw possibly joining after the WC, and then he ended up talking about wanting to become a club coach again right today... I'd die.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad