Managerial merry go round part II

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Paul Le Guen returns to club management with Bursaspor in Turkey. He's been coaching national teams since 2009, prior to that he managed PSG, Rangers and Lyon

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'll always have a soft spot for PLG. Anyone complicit in the death of Rangers deserves good fortune.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pelligrino to Southhampton. Fantastic hire for them.

He'll be a good replacement for Poch at Tottenham when Poch leaves for Barca.:D

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
In typical Dinamo Zagreb fashion, they sack their manager, Ivaylo Petev, two days before the season starts and months after giving him a contract extension. :sarcasm:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Christian Panucci is the new Albania manager, replacing De Biasi who resigned. Panucci has never managed above Serie B but spent two years as Capello's assistant with Russia

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Fatih Terim sacked as Turkey manager, Turkey are still very much alive at a shot at the World Cup but their next two fixtures are crucial and will determine if they have a realistic shot or none at all

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Mircea Lucescu is the new Turkey manager, he managed in Turkey before and has NT experience albeit in the 80s

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
There was a lot of debate about whether Zenit should have fired Lucescu after just 1 season. I would think his age (72) is a factor, but hope he does well with Turkey.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
news is a few days old by de Boer was sacked by Palace after four league matches, second club he's been sacked in less than a 100 days and surely his stock has fallen, however Palace don't look good in this either

Croatian manager Romeo Jozak is the new Legia Warsaw manager, its his first managerial job but he has been technical director for the Croatian youth teams and Dinamo Zagreb's academy, if you believe him he turned down jobs for the Irish FA and Arsenal academy in the past

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Despite qualifying for the World Cup, Bert van Marwijk is no longer the manager of Saudi Arabia...the reasoning was disagreements over a new contract, the Saudi FA sacked members of his staff and the Saudi FA also wanted van Marwijk to spend more time in the country for the build up to the World Cup (the entire squad plays in Saudi Arabia)

The new manager is Edgardo Bauza, former Argentina boss who was in UAE recently

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Andries Jonker is the first manager sacked in the BL (Wolfsburg); replaced by Martin Schmidt who was sacked by Mainz in the summer

Anderlecht sack Rene Weiler

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Ancelotti rumored ot be fired.
Yeah, numerous sources both from Germany and Italy are reporting it. Seems done. Not so much about yesterday in my opinion, but not exactly unhappy about making the cut quickly. There just didn't seem to be any tactical approach.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Well Bayern hasn't looked good at all under him, especially this season.

Who'd be his replacement though? Don't think Nagelsmann will leave Hoffenheim mid-season.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Well Bayern hasn't looked good at all under him, especially this season.

Who'd be his replacement though? Don't think Nagelsmann will leave Hoffenheim mid-season.

Rumors say exactly what one would guess - Nagelsmann or Tuchel. Not sure Hoffenheim will let him walk at this time of the year, but they do have a history of not playing hardball with Bayern, and maybe they have some kind of agreement with Nagelsmann. I've always liked Tuchel as well, though.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Barely necessary, but: confirmed out by Bayern. Sagnol to coach Sunday as interim.

International break will leave time to settle succession.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Rumors say exactly what one would guess - Nagelsmann or Tuchel. Not sure Hoffenheim will let him walk at this time of the year, but they do have a history of not playing hardball with Bayern, and maybe they have some kind of agreement with Nagelsmann. I've always liked Tuchel as well, though.

I hope Nagelsmann only leaves at the end of the year. Let Sagnol coach the rest of the season.

I thought Bayern wouldn't go for Tuchel after the endless narrative about his cancerous personality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad