Managerial merry go round part II

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It could be they're stupid, no doubt.
But my point was EXACTLY why they wouldn't go for a foreigner. Last time they won it all, it was with a german coach, and there's a solid base of their fans who believe in a more "german" approach, including some of the players I'd say.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
It could be they're stupid, no doubt.
But my point was EXACTLY why they wouldn't go for a foreigner. Last time they won it all, it was with a german coach, and there's a solid base of their fans who believe in a more "german" approach, including some of the players I'd say.

That was with Guardiola. Ancelotti didn't face nearly as much of that. In fact, I'd expect Tuchel or Nagelsmann to face criticism from the same circles for not playing traditional football.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hopefully Bayern don't get Tuchel or Nagelsmann to finish out this year. I'm fine with Blanc, but one of those first two would have them running away with the league again.

E:
Before Evilo pounces on this, not because I don't rate blanc; as evidenced by our coaches polls. I just think he'd have a much harder time jumping in midseason since the other two know the language, the league & the country.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Rumors say that Carlo 'Best Coach in the World' Ancelotti will only consider a move to Arsenal.

Ideally, the board sacks Wenger ASAP to do this. But we know he's going to see out his contract.

Still, maybe Ancelotti takes over the Italian NT for a bit and takes over when Wenger's contract runs out. That's the optimistic scenario.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
A three time European Cup winner for a manager is classic West Ham delusions of relevance. Not a f***ing chance.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Rafa Benitez managed Newcastle in the Championship.

He’s not Anceotti but still.
I doubt the Ancelotti thing is true, but even mid table EPL teams are rolling in money these days so I suspect they will be able to attract decent manager candidates.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Arsenal have at least won trophies since the invention of colour television

Colour TV existed in 1969. Hang your head in your exceedingly wrong wrongness.

Of course I'm too kind to mention that while 1969 is a long time ago, it's still more recent than Scotland's last passage to the second phase of a World Cup final series.

Reactions: cgf

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Colour TV existed in 1969. Hang your head in your exceedingly wrong wrongness.

Of course I'm too kind to mention that while 1969 is a long time ago, it's still more recent than Scotland's last passage to the second phase of a World Cup final series.
Was the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup broadcast in that first year?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
It was brought up weeks ago by super Mario Basler that Carlo has a contract in place with an unknown Chinese club. As much I doubted itat first as much I think now it's could happen. West Ham is a non-starter IMO, Arsenal too since Wenger won't get fired and won't step down this year.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Was the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup broadcast in that first year?

There's footage of both legs, with commentary from David Coleman and Alan Weeks respectively, unless I'm mistaken. I suspect they weren't shown live but in highlight form.

The pictures are black and white, admittedly. Whether or not British TV broadcast in colour at all back then I'm unsure. But it certainly existed in the USA, as witnessed by such series as the magnificent camp-fest Lost in Space.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Jeff Strasser, a manager from Luxembourg, is the new manager of Kaiserslautern. He does have history with the club as a former player which certainly helps. Amazingly, he is one of two managers from Luxembourg in the 2BL :D

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I wonder if Kloppo comes to Bayern next year if he gets sacked at Liverpool this year. I would probably prefer him to Nagelsmann but then again, I'd find his need to always talk in media and his sideline thing to be annoying.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's not getting sacked, and he hates Bayern anyway. People need to stop with this. They would have to pay him off 25 or 30 million, which is a lot of money for Liverpool. Keita is only coming because Klopp is there. van Dijk only wants to go to Liverpool because Klopp is there. As soon as he goes, people wouldn't get the players they want so bad.

He needs to send the shit players where they belong. There's only two of them who are regulars in the team anyway. End of story. The only thing he has really done wrong is he hasn't been quick enough to get rid of the shit the last manager brought in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad