Management Discussion

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i really hate to point this out, but you are making a assumption without proof.

JFC. No I'm not. The proof is in his titles, which I already posted. Look at the quote below. Do you honestly believe that the Special Assistant to the GM, the Director of Hockey Operations, and the Assistant GM, all titles Bowman held during the building of the core from 2001-2009, had absolutely nothing to do with building that core? Seriously? :shakehead

Why do you continually ignore the fact that Stan played a huge part in the 2010 team? He wasn't "gifted" a young core that talented. He was a big part of bringing that core here, I guarantee it. People continue to point this out to you.

2001-2005 - Special Assistant to the GM
2005-2007 - Director of Hockey Operations
2007-2009 - Assistant GM
2009 - Present - GM

Why do people have to continue to tell you this, and show you this? How the hell, in your mind, can you still not see that he wasn't "gifted" anything, but very, very, very likely had a huge part in building the team?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and you are just as bad assuming that SB had everything to do with the personal selection of everyone.

You're making shit up at this point. I literally never said that. Go find me somewhere that I said that. I said he played a part in it. He had a role in it. He helped build the core. He didn't just inherit something that someone else did entirely like BWC seems to think. He didn't come from a different organization. He was a Blackhawks executive since 2001.

Answer this question. Do you believe that a man who held the title of Special Assistant to the GM, Director of Hockey Operations, and Assistant GM, had nothing to do with any of the players selected, any of the decisions being made, and absolutely nothing to do with building this team?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
JFC. No I'm not. The proof is in his titles, which I already posted. Look at the quote below. Do you honestly believe that the Special Assistant to the GM, the Director of Hockey Operations, and the Assistant GM, all titles Bowman held during the building of the core from 2001-2009, had absolutely nothing to do with building that core? Seriously? :shakehead

You're seriously wasting your time arguing with LDF.

He's just going to keep twisting in the wind, misconstruing everything you say, and ignoring every point you make. Then he will try to make it seem like you're bullying him.

Reactions: jls24

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No I'm not. You stated the core is the most important thing to winning a Cup. I'm arguing that they're not, that the depth is the most important thing, and that you have to have a good core, plus great depth. This is fact.

I think you misunderstand the term "moving the goalposts".
not really. i have stated and continue to state that SB is great in scouting. yes he was part of the org that won the cups, how much input he had in the winning of those cups all goes back to the drafting of those key players including the goalie. without one you don't have the other.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You're seriously wasting your time arguing with LDF.

He's just going to keep twisting in the wind, misconstruing everything you say, and ignoring every point you make. Then he will try to make it seem like you're bullying him.

It's like I'm talking to a wall that continues to argue points back to me that I never made. Every post is a new strawman. I'm literally f***ing amazed right now.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't. That's not what I'm arguing, though. I'm arguing that he had a big part in building the core/team from the year 2001 up to the present day. Because he did. I'm not arguing that he did it all. I'm arguing that he had a part in building the core, whereas BWC continually argues that he inherited it, like he had absolutely nothing to do with it, and no say in it. Which is laughably stupid to think.
but you are reading too much into his point. SB did inherit the core..... that is a fact. it was his credit for getting the right players to fill out the rest.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
but you are reading too much into his point. SB did inherit the core..... that is a fact. it was his credit for getting the right players to fill out the rest.

No, it's not fact! He's literally the second or third highest ranking executive with the Hawks from 2001-2009, until he became the highest ranking. That's not inheriting anything. He directly contributed to it. You can't inherit something that you helped build.

That's like saying me and my brother start a company together. It turns into a billion dollar company. My brother is CEO, and I'm assistant CEO, or Chairman, or whatever. My brother dies and I turn into the CEO. Did I inherit the company? :laugh: Hell no. I helped build it. I didn't inherit a damn thing.

That's the logic you're trying to apply to this. As is BWC.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It's like I'm talking to a wall that continues to argue points back to me that I never made. Every post is a new strawman. I'm literally ****ing amazed right now.

If there's anything I can give LDF and BWC credit for, it's that they both strawman so well that they make you feel like your head will explode.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the way i am seeing this, is leading up to the draft, everyone in the scouting department had their input in who should be selected when the chi pick is announce. everyone in the scouting dept gets the credit. but whether anyone likes it or not, the person in charge of that dept, gets the lion share of the credit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
the way i am seeing this, is leading up to the draft, everyone in the scouting department had their input in who should be selected when the chi pick is announce. everyone in the scouting dept gets the credit. but whether anyone likes it or not, the person in charge of that dept, gets the lion share of the credit.

Who gets the lion's share of the credit doesn't matter. You can't inherit something that you helped to build. It's not possible. It's just not. Inheritance is something that someone else did entirely, and you get gifted it. Like if my grandpa started a company. I never worked for that company. He died and left me the company entirely in my name. I'm the sole owner even though I've never worked a single day there. That's inheriting something.

When you have a part in making that what it is, which Stan Bowman obviously did, you can not inherit it. As it is partially yours already.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You're making **** up at this point. I literally never said that. Go find me somewhere that I said that. I said he played a part in it. He had a role in it. He helped build the core. He didn't just inherit something that someone else did entirely like BWC seems to think. He didn't come from a different organization. He was a Blackhawks executive since 2001.

Answer this question. Do you believe that a man who held the title of Special Assistant to the GM, Director of Hockey Operations, and Assistant GM, had nothing to do with any of the players selected, any of the decisions being made, and absolutely nothing to do with building this team?

ref the bold, no, he was part of the dept and thus gets the lion share of the credit just as others who is part of the dept who is unknown.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It's like I'm talking to a wall that continues to argue points back to me that I never made. Every post is a new strawman. I'm literally ****ing amazed right now.
you makes it look as it that way, but it is a simple question and answers that is coming in be answered.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
ref the bold, no, he was part of the dept and thus gets the lion share of the credit just as others who is part of the dept who is unknown.

Ok, so with you saying that. How can Stan Bowman "inherit" something that he helped to build?

Again, and I'll make the example more relevant. My brother and I start... a sports team. We build that sports team with our joint decision making, and it becomes an amazing organization. My brother is GM, and I'm assistant GM. My brother dies, and I'm now the GM. Did I inherit the team that I helped to build?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No, it's not fact! He's literally the second or third highest ranking executive with the Hawks from 2001-2009, until he became the highest ranking. That's not inheriting anything. He directly contributed to it. You can't inherit something that you helped build.

That's like saying me and my brother start a company together. It turns into a billion dollar company. My brother is CEO, and I'm assistant CEO, or Chairman, or whatever. My brother dies and I turn into the CEO. Did I inherit the company? :laugh: Hell no. I helped build it. I didn't inherit a damn thing.

and i have been agreeing with that..... many times. SB is good at scouting and yes he helped continue in the winning factor, but the main core is where the lion share of the credit should go.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

btw nice analogy but it really doesn't work completely.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and i have been agreeing with that..... many times. SB is good at scouting and yes he helped continue in the winning factor, but the main core is where the lion share of the credit should go.

No you haven't. You've been agreeing with BWC that Stan inherited the entire core like he did nothing to help build it. BWC is stating that Stan inherited the entire core. And had nothing to do with building the core.

That's what you've been agreeing with. And that's factually wrong.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
btw nice analogy but it really doesn't work completely.

Then see my sports analogy from above. Here, I'll quote it again.

Ok, so with you saying that. How can Stan Bowman "inherit" something that he helped to build?

Again, and I'll make the example more relevant. My brother and I start... a sports team. We build that sports team with our joint decision making, and it becomes an amazing organization. My brother is GM, and I'm assistant GM. My brother dies, and I'm now the GM. Did I inherit the team that I helped to build?

Was it all my brother's doing? And I inherited it? This is what BWC is saying. And what you're agreeing with him that happened.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad