Management Discussion

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
On a different note about management, at what point should we start being concerned that Sikura might not sign here? I know his college season is still ongoing, but what are the odds he pulls a Kevin Hayes?

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
On a different note about management, at what point should we start being concerned that Sikura might not sign here? I know his college season is still ongoing, but what are the odds he pulls a Kevin Hayes?
I'd say pretty low considering his brother plays for Rockford. But hey, who knows at this point. If I was having the season Sikura is having and had options then I might look elsewhere instead of signing for this dumpster fire of a team :laugh:

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Well, he's kind of a lock for a roster spot... lol
I'm fairly high on Sikura as well, but is anyone really ever a lock? Leblanc won a Hobey Baker award too and look how that turned out. I certainly expect him to sign here but I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Butcher did it last year and we all know what happened with KHayes. It's not always enticing to join a team in the middle of retool/rebuild

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hayes refused to sign for a few reason (brother, Hawks not signing him after his junior year (he had a career threatening thigh injury), etc). Butcher told the Avs to shove it after they refused to sign him after his junior year (I believe).

Hayes and Butchers relationship with their drafting team is not similar to Sikura and the Hawks. Could he still walk? Sure but the situations are not close similar.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
just looking at our roster, how I expect some to Play even when they are not at their best and just look at the last results.
Who is worse right now? Bowman or Q?

I don't think our Talent on offense is that bad. I don't think the Talent on the roster is that bad.

The worst Argument is everything that involves Tallon. Everybody knows he was a good part of the reason, nobody denies it. Nobody says otherwise. Bowman on the other Hand is the GM for 3 Cups and winning 3 Cups will add Money to every new contract of the core. Cup wins will always add Money on a Players contract. That's the Problem we see after all the success and that's the Problem Holland has had after the Wings time was over. You just can't always send away your past. That's not how it works. (that said, I'd trade Seabrook or buy him out when possible).
I'm happy to have 3 Cups and trade them with the afterwards. I still remember that night 2010 until my stream ended. Every f***ing photo is still saved I wanted to save back then and I even remember being logged on here instead of sleeping 1-2 hours before going to work.
That's the stuff that will happen with good Teams and that's a trade I'd always take.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The loophole needs to be closed in the next CBA. Make them restricted free agents. Hawks put four years of development into Sikura, to lose him for nothing would suck. At least if he's an RFA they can work with Dylan to identify where he would sign and then get a bidding war started to recoup the lost value. Don't players from CHL have to rejoin draft if they refuse to sign? Just doesn't make sense to me that because a kid plays four years of college hockey they should be granted UFA status. The Hawks will have the rights to Shalunov for years but not Sikura...Idk, just seems silly.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Anyone see on the mainboard the thread with GMs ranked and Bowman is bottom 3rd in the league....Somehow GMs of teams that haven't done shit for years are top 15. Had a good chuckle looking at it. Most people thought Shero, Lou and Rutherford were trash a few years ago. Same for Chevy, etc. But no, Chevy finally iced a playoff team after 8 years of drafting inside the top 10 so he's an elite GM.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Anyone see on the mainboard the thread with GMs ranked and Bowman is bottom 3rd in the league....Somehow GMs of teams that haven't done **** for years are top 15. Had a good chuckle looking at it. Most people thought Shero, Lou and Rutherford were trash a few years ago. Same for Chevy, etc. But no, Chevy finally iced a playoff team after 8 years of drafting inside the top 10 so he's an elite GM.
just go to prove how ill informed fans are.

should SB be ranked as the top gm ?? no, not in my opinion, but he should easily top 8 or even higher. his success on scouting and drafting, should give him his ranking. the system has prospects ready to make a name for themselves and it should be fun watching them do it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Anyone see on the mainboard the thread with GMs ranked and Bowman is bottom 3rd in the league....Somehow GMs of teams that haven't done **** for years are top 15. Had a good chuckle looking at it. Most people thought Shero, Lou and Rutherford were trash a few years ago. Same for Chevy, etc. But no, Chevy finally iced a playoff team after 8 years of drafting inside the top 10 so he's an elite GM.
btw, nice find.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Just wandered over there. I regret everything, you just can't unsee such stupidity.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
People loathe the Hawks. Need to win the lotto, make some good moves and they can keep drinking their haterade.
or better yet, they should have wished their org had the ability to have a very good GM who has the talent in recognizing talent and the ability to gauge the talent level when their time comes in selecting during the draft.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Bowman deserves heat right now but he has rebuilt this team twice so in my mind he deserves the benefit of the doubt. His ability to draft well and from FA talent is what we need for the rebuild. If he can move AA, Bouma, Wingles, etc. at the deadline we will be in good shape from a pipeline standpoint.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Bowman deserves heat right now but he has rebuilt this team twice so in my mind he deserves the benefit of the doubt. His ability to draft well and from FA talent is what we need for the rebuild. If he can move AA, Bouma, Wingles, etc. at the deadline we will be in good shape from a pipeline standpoint.
couldn't have said that better.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
I agree that Bowman should get the "benefit of the doubt" ...for now. Let him hire a new coach and see what he can do about getting us back in the mix next year.

As I mentioned in another thread, however, I am getting the funny feeling that he will be the fall guy and Q will stay. We shall see.

I caught on Hockey Night in Canada intermission report the other night that Columbus had inquired about getting Anisimov back and were told that we were keeping him. Maybe Saad will be the one dealt for defensive help (i.e. Trouba, in the off season.)

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I agree that Bowman should get the "benefit of the doubt" ...for now. Let him hire a new coach and see what he can do about getting us back in the mix next year.

As I mentioned in another thread, however, I am getting the funny feeling that he will be the fall guy and Q will stay. We shall see.

I caught on Hockey Night in Canada intermission report the other night that Columbus had inquired about getting Anisimov back and were told that we were keeping him. Maybe Saad will be the one dealt for defensive help (i.e. Trouba, in the off season.)
and that is where i am different than most on this site.

yes i agree with the new coach, new philosophy and gameplan. however i think the org should be open to moving assets to get prospects/players to fix this team.

now i do blame SB for this problem, b/c as a GM he should have seen these problems and fixed it..... however as much as i blame SB, i can not wish for anyone better at the helm b/c of his talents in scouting and draft picks he has made.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
In regard to AA, I am thinking they are driving up the price.

If they trade with Columbus, other than a 1st, what do we ask for?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

I just can't see any way Q survives and Bowman gets axed. It's either Q goes or both go. I just don't see any way Q outlasts the GM.

To that end, I think that would also be a mistake. If you want to can both and start fresh, so be it. I personally feel Bowman should be allowed to hire his own coach and be given an opportunity to right this thing. At that point he's wearing the bullseye all by himself. It's on him. His seat should feel warm right now, but not hot. He should, in my opinion, be given the opportunity to get his own guy and go from there. Then it's 100% squarely on him.

Reactions: BK

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I just can't see any way Q survives and Bowman gets axed. It's either Q goes or both go. I just don't see any way Q outlasts the GM.

To that end, I think that would also be a mistake. If you want to can both and start fresh, so be it. I personally feel Bowman should be allowed to hire his own coach and be given an opportunity to right this thing. At that point he's wearing the bullseye all by himself. It's on him. His seat should feel warm right now, but not hot. He should, in my opinion, be given the opportunity to get his own guy and go from there. Then it's 100% squarely on him.

100% agree.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I can see them moving Wingels before dead line for a pick. He's a really good depth player that can play up and down the line up.

I also can see them re-signing Wingels for a 2 yr, 900k - 1 mill a year

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Well hopefully Vancouver trades Tanev and Hutton and think they need a 'RD' veteran.. Too bad they locked up Gudbranson.

But I think a Eriksson for Seabrook swap would be still worth trying for, save about .875M and 2 years of term - JUST in case the new CBA has no compliance buyout.

I don't even think an 'add' is required, Seabrook is right up Bennings alley.

Edler - Gudbranson
Juolevi - Seabrook
Del Zotto - Stecher

Saad 55pts - Toews 60pts - Eriksson 50pts
Duclair 45pts - Schmaltz 60pts - Kane 80pts
Debrincat 45pts - Anisimov 30pts - Hartman 30pts
Hayden 20pts - Kampf 20pts - Hinostroza 30pts

I think this could be one of the best forward cores in the NHL under a good coach/new system.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->