Management Discussion

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Who gets the lion's share of the credit doesn't matter. You can't inherit something that you helped to build. It's not possible. It's just not. Inheritance is something that someone else did entirely, and you get gifted it. Like if my grandpa started a company. I never worked for that company. He died and left me the company entirely in my name. I'm the sole owner even though I've never worked a single day there. That's inheriting something.

When you have a part in making that what it is, which Stan Bowman obviously did, you can not inherit it. As it is partially yours already.
again in this analogy does not work here.

reason is SB was part of the scouting dept that helped get the core ..... that same core that was inherited and thru his talents build into the other 2 cups.

the same way he screwed it up by signing stupid contracts that ruins a one in the lifetime dynasty.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ok, so with you saying that. How can Stan Bowman "inherit" something that he helped to build?

Again, and I'll make the example more relevant. My brother and I start... a sports team. We build that sports team with our joint decision making, and it becomes an amazing organization. My brother is GM, and I'm assistant GM. My brother dies, and I'm now the GM. Did I inherit the team that I helped to build?
b/c at the time he was not in charge, he was employee .... Tallon was in charge.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
again in this analogy does not work here.

reason is SB was part of the scouting dept that helped get the core ..... that same core that was inherited and thru his talents build into the other 2 cups.

the same way he screwed it up by signing stupid contracts that ruins a one in the lifetime dynasty.

Holy shit, it's like someone grabbed a bunch of random words out of a bag and threw them at a wall.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
b/c at the time he was not in charge, he was employee .... Tallon was in charge.

What does this have to do with anything?

How can someone not understand that you can't inherit something that you helped to build? It's. not. possible.

My analogies are fine. It's not my fault you can't seem to understand them...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No you haven't. You've been agreeing with BWC that Stan inherited the entire core like he did nothing to help build it. BWC is stating that Stan inherited the entire core. And had nothing to do with building the core.

That's what you've been agreeing with. And that's factually wrong.
did SB inherit the key core. were they, the core part of the team when SB ascended to the mantle of the GM ???

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ok, so with you saying that. How can Stan Bowman "inherit" something that he helped to build?

Again, and I'll make the example more relevant. My brother and I start... a sports team. We build that sports team with our joint decision making, and it becomes an amazing organization. My brother is GM, and I'm assistant GM. My brother dies, and I'm now the GM. Did I inherit the team that I helped to build?
lolol ..... oh brother, no pun intended, but these analogies are just too funny. well it all depends on the will.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
did SB inherit the key core. were they, the core part of the team when SB ascended to the mantle of the GM ???

Yes, they were. But if you have a decision in selecting those players. If you have a "vote" so to speak. If you have any kind of insight into the process, and into who is selected. And I would argue easily that the Director of Hockey Operations, and Assistant GM have a "vote" in it. You can't inherit it. Because you helped build it. You were an integral piece of what led to those players being selected. The "mouthpiece". The person who reads the selection on stage doesn't get to claim 100% of the decision if he didn't make 100% of the decision... That's not how this works.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No you haven't. You've been agreeing with BWC that Stan inherited the entire core like he did nothing to help build it. BWC is stating that Stan inherited the entire core. And had nothing to do with building the core.

That's what you've been agreeing with. And that's factually wrong.
and i was right..... no where in the discussion was there any fraction of who was responsible, key person who made all the selections. SB did inherit the core, no where is it mention that the scouting department involvement .

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yes, they were. But if you have a decision in selecting those players. If you have a "vote" so to speak. If you have any kind of insight into the process, and into who is selected. And I would argue easily that the Director of Hockey Operations, and Assistant GM have a "vote" in it. You can't inherit it. Because you helped build it. You were an integral piece of what led to those players being selected. The "mouthpiece". The person who reads the selection on stage doesn't get to claim 100% of the decision if he didn't make 100% of the decision... That's not how this works.
you are confusing 2 different responsibilities here. the responsibility of the dept who all works to come up with a list of names to key on for the draft, and the person who is in charge of that department.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you are confusing 2 different responsibilities here. the responsibility of the dept who all works to come up with a list of names to key on for the draft, and the person who is in charge of that department.

No, I'm not! You're trying to say that because Dale Tallon read the damn names in the draft, that he gets to claim all the credit! Even though numerous people had a huge part in it, and even bigger part in it than he did! Are you f***ing kidding me? :facepalm:

So Dale Tallon takes credit for everyone else's work because he was in charge and read the names in the draft? :laugh:

Yeah, I'm done. I want to pluck my eyes out with knives, and then drive those knives through each of my ears afterwards, at this point. Someone put me out of my misery. :cry:

Reactions: ProphetofthePuck

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No, I'm not! You're trying to say that because Dale Tallon read the damn names in the draft, that he gets to claim all the credit! Even though numerous people had a huge part in it, and even bigger part in it than he did! Are you ****ing kidding me? :facepalm:

So Dale Tallon takes credit for everyone else's work because he was in charge and read the names in the draft? :laugh:
and in that same logic, SB gets all the credit for every selection since he inherited the mantle of GM. no other person in that department get any credit for anything. SB goes to all corners of the hockey world to scout out these player personally ..... he gets no support what so ever.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
No, I'm not! You're trying to say that because Dale Tallon read the damn names in the draft, that he gets to claim all the credit! Even though numerous people had a huge part in it, and even bigger part in it than he did! Are you ****ing kidding me? :facepalm:

Yeah, I'm done. I want to pluck my eyes out with knives, and then drive those knives through each of my ears afterwards, at this point.

Dude, you need to be careful. I think LDF is trying to lure you in and steal your soul.

This is one of the most baffling arguments I've seen him get in.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and in that same logic, SB gets all the credit for every selection since he inherited the mantle of GM. no other person in that department get any credit for anything. SB goes to all corners of the hockey world to scout out these player personally ..... he gets no support what so ever.

Of course not. Where did I say that?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
to all..... it was great talking about Bhawks hockey and the differing of opinions. i hope i didn't get anyone mad.

peace.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
to all..... it was great talking about Bhawks hockey and the differing of opinions. i hope i didn't get anyone mad.

peace.

The equivalent of a dinner guest spilling food all over your furniture, stepping in dog poo and tracking through the house, peeing all over the side of the toilet, and breaking the fish tank on his way out.

"I had a great time, hope I didn't make too much of a mess."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad