Management Discussion

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and you make a key point, but without that key core being there and establish, those players you mention will do nothing.

No, the bolded is wrong. They'll do their jobs. Consistently. And consistently well. No matter what. Because they have to in order to stay in the league.

You can have the best core in the league. Without a very good complimentary set of depth players, you win nothing.

Ask Anaheim. Ask St. Louis. Ask Boston. Ask Dallas. Hell, ask the Pens, who won it in 09, and continually got bounced early in the playoffs for years after that, due to a lack of depth. Ask numerous teams that had a good core, but nothing in their bottom 6, how it worked out for them?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
again this comes up, how many players was SB involve in selecting ??? no matter what it was still Tallon who made those selections.

This is naive thinking. So Tallon just did whatever the hell he wanted, no recommendations from anyone, including Scotty Bowman, or Stan Bowman, or anyone else in the organization. He just picked the players in the draft that he wanted, right? WIth no insight from anyone? :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
again this comes up, how many players was SB involve in selecting ??? no matter what it was still Tallon who made those selections.

Come on LDF you know how it goes

Stanley was guy pulling for Keith , Seabrook , Crawford and Byfuglien but Smith didn't want them only to be convinced that those guys needed to be selected by Stanley. But when Babchuk came up Smith refused to listen to Stanley's warnings

Then Tallon totally hated Kane/Toews but Stanley convinced him to take them. But in 2005 and 2008 Dale just refused to listen to Stanley and went with Skille and Beach

Bad picks = Smith or Tallon
Good pick = Stanley

Reactions: LDF

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No, the bolded is wrong. They'll do their jobs. Consistently. And consistently well. No matter what. Because they have to in order to stay in the league.

You can have the best core in the league. Without a very good complimentary set of depth players, you win nothing.

Ask Anaheim. Ask St. Louis. Ask Boston. Ask Dallas. Ask numerous teams that had a good core, but nothing in their bottom 6, how it worked out for them?

B's won a cup and lost a heartbreaker a couple years later

It is actually reality that if they would have dumped bad GM they likely would have done better then they have since losing that cup. Also we saw in Boston a GM give away a franchise talent (Seguin) and actively leave his club in ruins

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Is Stanley still GM or is he fired before that thus allowing another person to build his teams off the core that Stanley inherited?

Again, stop saying this. He didn't inherit anything. He had a huge role in building that team. And it's not even questionable. It's not debatable. You're just making shit up at this point.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Stanley was guy pulling for Keith , Seabrook , Crawford and Byfuglien but Smith didn't want them only to be convinced that those guys needed to be selected by Stanley. But when Babchuk came up Smith refused to listen to Stanley's warnings

Then Tallon totally hated Kane/Toews but Stanley convinced him to take them. But in 2005 and 2008 Dale just refused to listen to Stanley and went with Skille and Beach

Good pick = Stanley

Hyperbole much?

To think that Stan had absolutely NOTHING to do with building the core or the 2010 Cup team is incredibly naive and idiotic. No one said any of the above. You're the King of strawmen and hyperbole right now. JFC.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Ask Anaheim. Ask St. Louis. Ask Boston. Ask Dallas. Hell, ask the Pens, who won it in 09, and continually got bounced early in the playoffs for years after that, due to a lack of depth. Ask numerous teams that had a good core, but nothing in their bottom 6, how it worked out for them?
and i never said against getting those players and that is where i give SB credit. you are just moving the goal post.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Good pick = Stanley

You're seriously making me question spending time here. So much nonsense toxicity.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This is naive thinking. So Tallon just did whatever the hell he wanted, no recommendations from anyone, including Scotty Bowman, or Stan Bowman, or anyone else in the organization. He just picked the players in the draft that he wanted, right? WIth no insight from anyone? :laugh:
i never said that, but you were not there to prove anything else. the person in charge is the person who gets the credit.

however with that thought you are pushing, how do you know SB is the one making those correct selection and not someone else ????

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
B's won a cup and lost a heartbreaker a couple years later

It is actually reality that if they would have dumped bad GM they likely would have done better then they have since losing that cup. Also we saw in Boston a GM give away a franchise talent (Seguin) and actively leave his club in ruins
and i never said against getting those players and that is where i give SB credit. you are just moving the goal post.

No I'm not. You stated the core is the most important thing to winning a Cup. I'm arguing that they're not, that the depth is the most important thing, and that you have to have a good core, plus great depth. This is fact.

I think you misunderstand the term "moving the goalposts".

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Good pick = Stanley
hate to say this, i like it. :cheers:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i never said that, but you were not there to prove anything else. the person in charge is the person who gets the credit.

however with that thought you are pushing, how do you know SB is the one making those correct selection and not someone else ????

I don't. That's not what I'm arguing, though. I'm arguing that he had a big part in building the core/team from the year 2001 up to the present day. Because he did. I'm not arguing that he did it all. I'm arguing that he had a part in building the core, whereas BWC continually argues that he inherited it, like he had absolutely nothing to do with it, and no say in it. Which is laughably stupid to think.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Again, stop saying this. He didn't inherit anything. He had a huge role in building that team. And it's not even questionable. It's not debatable. You're just making **** up at this point.
i really hate to point this out, but you are making a assumption without proof.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hyperbole much?

To think that Stan had absolutely NOTHING to do with building the core or the 2010 Cup team is incredibly naive and idiotic. No one said any of the above. You're the King of strawmen and hyperbole right now. JFC.
and you are just as bad assuming that SB had everything to do with the personal selection of everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad