Management Discussion

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't really think Duclair has much of a future here. I liked what I saw the first 5 games, then reality seems to have hit and he is what he is...He helped us move that Panik contract so that is a big plus, but I honestly don't think he is worth rostering next year if he is asking for over $2mil to be honest.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Duclair is very meh

I am happy to be rid of Panik and his contract at end of day but don't see anything about Duclair that would warrant a pay raise on next contract

At this point if he asks for anything like 2M per then Hawks should walk away (Or trade his rights to anyone that may be interested)

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is sort of the issue with Q. He uses short to meaningless sample sizes to make judgements and decisions and never revisits the situation again. I believe he's one of the most 'event driven' coach's in the league. He makes these quick judgments a ton as far as who he plays and doesn't play. Kempny, Oesterle, Bouma, Wingels, Murphy, even Cat, and all the other scrubs in years past that consistently had their weaknesses ignored. 5 games is not enough time to determine a player's future with an organization when the entire team was absolute shit in that time frame. Can't just run guys out of town and then give people like Oesterle a pass when they're also shit during that sample size.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Duclair is very meh

I am happy to be rid of Panik and his contract at end of day but don't see anything about Duclair that would warrant a pay raise on next contract

At this point if he asks for anything like 2M per then Hawks should walk away (Or trade his rights to anyone that may be interested)

Agree about the pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad