Proposal: Making a Hockey Trade

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
No picks. Time to realize this team is not a contender
Chychrun is on an amazing contract and is the same age as McAvoy. That sets them up not only in the present but for the future as well. Doesn’t matter anyways since Arizona isn’t trading him.

Reactions: lopey

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I wouldn't give up a single 1st or 2nd round draft pick or any of our more promising prospects to try and boost this team for a playoff run. Its chances of success aren't even close to high enough to warrant compromising the future of the Bruins more than it already has been. If Sweeney can somehow take the likes of DeBrusk and Moore and exchange them for gold then fine, otherwise just stand pat, see the season out, and get the rebuild started. It's time.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I wouldn't give up a single 1st or 2nd round draft pick or any of our more promising prospects to try and boost this team for a playoff run. Its chances of success aren't even close to high enough to warrant compromising the future of the Bruins more than it already has been. If Sweeney can somehow take the likes of DeBrusk and Moore and exchange them for gold then fine, otherwise just stand pat, see the season out, and get the rebuild started. It's time.

I agree if this team still is playing like now at the trade deadline. Try to get some value for DeBrusk, Reilly, Clifton and others. I would even talk to Marchy about finding him a new home soon. He probably has at least three great years left in him and could fetch a huge return. Fill in with youth and rebuilt.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I am not about to Propose a trade ,but as glaring as a second line canter is needed a LD is more glaring. I have stood behind DS while others on here have been bashing him. I am no hockey expert ,but feel very confident that you do not win playoff games with #6 and #48 as two thirds of you LD. If you felt signing Riely was a good signing . You should of had a trade in place to move Gryz

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I am not about to Propose a trade ,but as glaring as a second line canter is needed a LD is more glaring. I have stood behind DS while others on here have been bashing him. I am no hockey expert ,but feel very confident that you do not win playoff games with #6 and #48 as two thirds of you LD. If you felt signing Riely was a good signing . You should of had a trade in place to move Gryz

Agreed and Sweeney big add to help out the team on the left side was Forbort.

This after letting Chara and Krug walk. He should go back and watch some video of the 2011 Bruins and look at that defense and just how tough and talented those guys were on the backend.

Reactions: bme44

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
When is deadline day for Krejci decision? Sometime in December? Correct? Next question, what are the chances he comes back?
Zero chance. He already stated that publicly. That and COVID polling in Czech Republic now why go thru the hassle of not seeing family because of bubbles and quarantines…

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What scares me is that Charlie Jacobs said in the past that he really wants to win another cup for his parents as soon as possible because of their age and everything. Therefore I think that Sweeney will milk everything out of this roster until the very last. We probably will go the Detroit way. Make the playoffs every year and loose in the first round until it crushes down finally.

Shouldn’t have Sweeney then should have been much more aggressive?

Lack of secondary scoring has been an issue for his entire tenure

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
WHy not stick to today and the shit job your idol Sweeney has done with this thoroughly craptastic team. His best players were handed to him when he took over and he did a terrible job with the savings that they left on the table for Sweeney to build around. I'm sorry but Sweeney's done a lousy job.
At least you know what you are

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Check in on OEL who’s playing 2nd pair matchups and getting fed PP time.

From last spring…
Bruins trade rumors: Is Rickard Rakell the answer to Boston’s slumping 2nd line?

Sweeney does like to revisit deals that never came through and has a good history of dealing with the Ducks (well maybe not good if we’re looking at the players…)

Of course Rakell is back in trade talks. It never ends. It most rank number 1 most annoying rumour on this site.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Of course Rakell is back in trade talks. It never ends. It most rank number 1 most annoying rumour on this site.

Funny thing is he's also hurt and although is labeled a center has only taken 2 FOs in his 8 games this season.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Still not sure how anyone expected this team to be a good regular season one and early on with the turnover rate. This is a vet oriented team, that has one goal, winning a Cup. Pretty sure everyone that signed here wasn't looking to win the Presidents Trophy or early season awards.

Now, they don't want to play like shit, and miss the playoffs, especially the coaching staff, but this team not being good is so premature, it's disgusting.

One more game win in 2019 and everyone is happy...except they lost, and all a sudden this team has no idea what it is doing, and they need to forget the formula.

They will do what they always do, and that's pick up at the deadline, because it's the most important time of the season.

If they don't make the playoffs or lose in the first round, then blame needs to go around, but no way this team doesn't deserve some respect to get there game going eventually.

When this team needs to rebuild, it will need it, but we should believe in this group until that time officially comes.

Personally think this team has a lot to offer when it matters most.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
2022 TDL:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Hertl-Rakell
Foligno-Coyle-Smith
Nosek-Haula-Lazar

Forbort-McAvoy
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Reilly-Lauzon

Rask
Swayman

SJ: Hertl
BOS: Studnicka, Ullmark(waives his NMC), 2022 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

ANA: Rakell
BOS: Lysell, DeBrusk, Frederic, 2023 1st round pick,

SEA: Lauzon
BOS: 2022 2nd round pick

Stanley Cup Champions :naughty:

Reactions: HustleB

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Check in on OEL who’s playing 2nd pair matchups and getting fed PP time.

From last spring…
Bruins trade rumors: Is Rickard Rakell the answer to Boston’s slumping 2nd line?

Sweeney does like to revisit deals that never came through and has a good history of dealing with the Ducks (well maybe not good if we’re looking at the players…)
Yeah I assumed he was one of the players of interest being an upcoming UFA and past interest.

I just don’t think he’s the answer to putting the Bruins over the top, RW is a soft spot but don’t think it’s the biggest hole. With the FAs he brought in over the summer he sort of put himself in a tough spot.

Personally I wouldn’t give up any more of the future for this current team, especially with a deep draft coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad