Proposal: Making a Hockey Trade

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
admittedly I haven't seen him in Vancouver this year but OEL seems to be doing pretty well so far. neck & neck with Hughes for the best overall metrics among their D, at 5v5 he's been on for 8 goals and 4 against (fewest among their regulars). This is while being on the ice for the most defensive zone faceoffs on the team. maybe at his age he's not worth the contract but it seems like he isn't nearly as bad as it seemed in Arizona.
Gretzky told Fluto he and his staff made the 2015 picks - Sweeney was not scouring he didn’t see all the players - some but not done

Sweeney scouted next season and Scott Bradley made the calls NOT Gretzky - he held position but left after draft when contract up

Reactions: bbfan419

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
We have oodles of first rounders to trade; DeBrusk, Zboril, Frederick, Vaakanainen, Senyshyn. Contenders should be drooling over these prospects. :)
How do you miss on that many first rounders. I mean by luck you should hit on one. But everyone of this picks where higher than they where graded out by most teams. Sweeney thought he was smarter than the rest

Reactions: Bodit9 and bbfan419

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Sad to say this team suck hard and no way Sweeney can correct the situation, no valuable prospects near to help the team or tradable value, and he spent 30 mil for plugs and bads contracts like Forbort, Reilly instead to try to fill holes for a 2C a legit top 4 LD and some grit etc...how can some one can correct the situation with this team, i can't see

Reactions: CellyHard and lopey

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sad to say this team suck hard and no way Sweeney can correct the situation, no valuable prospects near to help the team or tradable value, and he spent 30 mil for plugs and bads contracts like Forbort, Reilly instead to try to fill holes for a 2C a legit top 4 LD and some grit etc...how can some one can correct the situation with this team, i can't see

Sweeney has tradeable prospects

Its just that its very unlikely he will trade them. Like Swayman, Lysell, Kuntar, Lohrei

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Gretzky told Fluto he and his staff made the 2015 picks - Sweeney was not scouring he didn’t see all the players - some but not done

Sweeney scouted next season and Scott Bradley made the calls NOT Gretzky - he held position but left after draft when contract up
what does any of this have to do with OEL?

and why do I care who made the picks in 2015? Was Sweeney not the GM? Does he not have final say, even if he hadn't assembled the scouting staff? If he was so unprepared and hands off that he had nothing do do with the draft then I don't think that's the defense of him you think it is. And wasn't he the AGM & head of player development for years before becoming GM? Seems like he'd have to be pretty oblivious for him to somehow have zero awareness about the picks they were making or the players available in that draft. I mean jesus christ, people on this board (including you) had a better sense of who should have been picked in 2015.

Glad to know I can blame Sweeney for them passing on Debrincat though.

6 years and Sweeney has 1 legit home run draft pick (McAvoy).
Carlo I give a B. Would be an A+ but he's still wildly inconsistent.
Debrusk a C- at best.

After that he hasn't drafted shit (not getting into guys like Swayman, Studnicka & Lysell who are still unproven).

you'll probably call this a personal attack because somehow every time I disagree with your blind optimism you accuse me of taking a shot at you, but I genuinely can't understand why you defend this guy like he's family when he has track record I just described.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

and why do I care who made the picks in 2015? Was Sweeney not the GM? Does he not have final say, even if he hadn't assembled the scouting staff? If he was so unprepared and hands off that he had nothing do do with the draft then I don't think that's the defense of him you think it is. And wasn't he the AGM & head of player development for years before becoming GM? Seems like he'd have to be pretty oblivious for him to somehow have zero awareness about the picks they were making or the players available in that draft. I mean jesus christ, people on this board (including you) had a better sense of who should have been picked in 2015.

Debrusk a C- at best.

After that he hasn't drafted shit (not getting into guys like Swayman, Studnicka & Lysell who are still unproven).

you'll probably call this a personal attack because somehow every time I disagree with your blind optimism you accuse me of taking a shot at you, but I genuinely can't understand why you defend this guy like he's family when he has track record I just described.
Why you always so angry

take care of yourself it’s a message board it’s supposed to be fun

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'm going to see the Mariners tonight. Maybe there's some echl players better than what we have????

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

Debrusk a C- at best.

Agree with all of this. He was gifted a great team and turned it into this. All on Donny!!!!

Reactions: Ratty and bbfan419

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

Things might be different with Murray gone, but Anaheim remains the trading partner that could possibly work depending on scenarios and plans. The Ducks wanted to move on from Henrique last season and waived him. He was struggling but seems to have rebounded. They also have Lindholm and Manson as UFAs.

There aren't many teams selling with some reasonable goods left on the shelf, but Anaheim is one of them.

The Bruins would be out another first rounder and more, but if they are going for it one last time in the Bergeron era, I don't see too many teams with both a 2C and top 4 LHD potentially available.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I went back to 2016 and brought back the most incredibly bad trades proposed on HF but Wally told me to knock it off and I don’t blame him - I did only bring back the ones specific posters blasting Donny. The mods got it over quick but one long time poster was so upset I brought back his post he has never posted since and last day on was that day a couple years ago
WHy not stick to today and the shit job your idol Sweeney has done with this thoroughly craptastic team. His best players were handed to him when he took over and he did a terrible job with the savings that they left on the table for Sweeney to build around. I'm sorry but Sweeney's done a lousy job.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Things might be different with Murray gone, but Anaheim remains the trading partner that could possibly work depending on scenarios and plans. The Ducks wanted to move on from Henrique last season and waived him. He was struggling but seems to have rebounded. They also have Lindholm and Manson as UFAs.

There aren't many teams selling with some reasonable goods left on the shelf, but Anaheim is one of them.

The Bruins would be out another first rounder and more, but if they are going for it one last time in the Bergeron era, I don't see too many teams with both a 2C and top 4 LHD potentially available.
I’d rather they hold on to their picks, I don’t think Henrique, Lindholm, or Manson are gonna make this a cup team.

Lindholm I’d give them up for but only for interest in resigning him.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
WHy not stick to today and the shit job your idol Sweeney has done with this thoroughly craptastic team. His best players were handed to him when he took over and he did a terrible job with the savings that they left on the table for Sweeney to build around. I'm sorry but Sweeney's done a lousy job.
Amen!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad