Prospect Info: Magic Marner returns to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Knights powerplay is ridiculous. Marner, Tkachuk, Dvorak and Piccinich could put up crazy numbers. Dvorak made it easy to get an assist today. Can't wait to see what Marner does at the WJC, going to be exciting with so many Leafs prospect at it. Off the top of my head we probably have Marner, Timoshov, Nylander, Bracco and Kapanen as locks, plus Dermott and maybe Piccinich as outside shots.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Thinking it won't be too long before he's in the OHL scoring lead again.

But you have to be impressed with Tkachuk, Alex Nylander and DeBrincat for their scoring prowess in their draft years too.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Knights powerplay is ridiculous. Marner, Tkachuk, Dvorak and Piccinich could put up crazy numbers. Dvorak made it easy to get an assist today. Can't wait to see what Marner does at the WJC, going to be exciting with so many Leafs prospect at it. Off the top of my head we probably have Marner, Timoshov, Nylander, Bracco and Kapanen as locks, plus Dermott and maybe Piccinich as outside shots.

will the Leafs let Nylander and Kapanen go?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
will the Leafs let Nylander and Kapanen go?

I don't think so.

Dubas was on the radio yesterday I believe, and praised about how Nylander is responding to Keefe. Not sure if they want to interrupt that.

I get the experience aspect, however, Nylander and Kapanen are leading an AHL team that is very successful, and a lot of those guys are all buddies as well, so Nylander and Kapanen may prefer to stay in Toronto.

Would be interesting though :laugh:

Marner, Dermott on Team Canada
Nylander (A.Johnson??) on Team Sweden
Kapanen on Team Finland
Bracco on Team USA

Arguably our 5/6 top prospects all in one tournament would be insane. Only one not there would be Connor Brown.

Looking at those names, I'm giddy for the future of this team. Those 6 names (7 including Brown) are all studs.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Best part of Marner's performance this year is +/-. Guy is +15 already after 14GP. He's on pace for almost as great a point production season, but he only had a +36 last season. He's on pace for a +67 this season.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Best part of Marner's performance this year is +/-. Guy is +15 already after 14GP. He's on pace for almost as great a point production season, but he only had a +36 last season. He's on pace for a +67 this season.

He is actually off to a better start then he had last season. Got really hot after the first ten games last year.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario

this has alot to do with the team tho, as a team last year London was only +29 in goal differential 289 for 260 against, right now the team is already a +41 in differential(86 for 45 against) and like most top Junior teams will end up in the +100-150 range. by season end, so he should have a much better +/-

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I don't think so.

Dubas was on the radio yesterday I believe, and praised about how Nylander is responding to Keefe. Not sure if they want to interrupt that.

I get the experience aspect, however, Nylander and Kapanen are leading an AHL team that is very successful, and a lot of those guys are all buddies as well, so Nylander and Kapanen may prefer to stay in Toronto.

Kapanen on Team Finland
Bracco on Team USA

Arguably our 5/6 top prospects all in one tournament would be insane. Only one not there would be Connor Brown.

Looking at those names, I'm giddy for the future of this team. Those 6 names (7 including Brown) are all studs.

Johnson is not eligible for WJC. He is 20 yrs old

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I don't think so.

Kapanen on Team Finland
Bracco on Team USA

Timashov on sweden

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Nielson on Canada?
Nylander should make Sweden. It will be a way to break up the AHL season. Nylander looks almost ready to outgrow the AHL.

Marner should be in a 3rd line role with the Leafs next season. He has outgrown the OHL.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
He's got 11 points in 4 games since switching to the wing. To be fair, he also had 8 points in 4 games prior to that as a C

They will probably go back and forth using him as a C and RW. Have been impressed by his overall play so far this season

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
With London being an offensive powerhouse this season, perhaps it is realistic to expect a 2.5 PPG from Marner, in addition to Marner rounding out the rest of his game.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He's got 11 points in 4 games since switching to the wing. To be fair, he also had 8 points in 4 games prior to that as a C

They will probably go back and forth using him as a C and RW. Have been impressed by his overall play so far this season

He should play one or the other though.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
He should play one or the other though.

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Seriously though if he becomes an all star at both positions I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Nielson on Canada?

Nielsen has almost no chance I think. While he had a great pro camp and has the 2nd highest PPG in the WHL for defenseman, he has been a late bloomer. Hockey Canada tends to prefer guys with a larger body of work as far as elite play and experience with the program. I think it's rare for players who weren't part of the U18 to make the U20. Even Dermott may have a tough time making the team with how they run things.

(Interesting tidbit: Provorov had a really hot start but Nielsen has now passed in in both points and PPG.)

Last edited:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

The sad thing is, as you know, people with an agenda will end up using this to claim he's more suited to the wing, blah blah blah. But truth is, it's just a super stacked line, so of course he's going to get more points playing with Dvorak/Tkachuk, it has nothing to do with his position. Also, most of his points last game were on the PP, where he plays the point (maybe his true calling is as a d-man!). Plus, small sample size, game against one of the worst teams in the OHL, and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad