Prospect Info: Magic Marner returns to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
One question I have about drafting so many London Knights is could this be this generation's version of drafting 3 Belleville Bulls in the first round of the 1989 draft?

The likelihood that all 3 players playing on the same Junior team turn out to be star players is unlikely. Even on most powerhouse CHL teams, with multiple scoring leaders, only the best player on the team often goes on to become a star, and this is also true for teammates that are both highly drafted.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Funny you should mention 1989 ... that is Sundin's draft year.
Shows you the big difference between picking #1 and having 3 draft picks elsewhere in the first round.

Shows you more what scouting can do.

Could have just as easily come out of that 1st round with Guerin, Kolzig and Foote. Or Lidstrom if they really knew what they were doing.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yes, he's playing in one of the games. So will Dermott.

Actually Marner is scheduled to play Nov 16th

Team OHL Roster – Windsor – November 16
*players competing in both games

Goaltenders (2):
Michael McNiven (Owen Sound Attack)*
Dylan Wells (Peterborough Petes)
Defencemen (6):
Kyle Capobianco (Sudbury Wolves)
Jakob Chychrun (Sarnia Sting)
Victor Mete (London Knights)
Roland McKeown (Kingston Frontenacs)*
Alex Peters (Flint Firebirds)
Mitchell Vande Sompel (Oshawa Generals)
Forwards (12):
Mike Amadio (North Bay Battalion)
Will Bitten (Flint Firebirds)
Logan Brown (Windsor Spitfires)
Anthony Cirelli (Oshawa Generals)
Eric Cornel (Peterborough Petes)
Lawson Crouse (Kingston Frontenacs)*
Cristiano DiGiacinto (Windsor Spitfires)
Michael Dal Colle (Oshawa Generals)
Graham Knott (Niagara IceDogs)
Mitchell Marner (London Knights)
Brendan Perlini (Niagara IceDogs)
Spencer Watson (Kingston Frontenacs)*

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Kinda sucks only 1 game on Friday this week, followed by 1 game next week :rant:

London was REALLY hot, 2 games in 2 weeks might cool them off, I hope not.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
4 points already, this will be a blow out...... The weaker teams are getting smoked by London's offence.

The Tkachuk -- Dvorak -- Marner line is eating them alive including 4 straight goals by Dvorak (4g +1a) and Tkachuk with 6 points (2g & 4a) so far also with Marner 4 assist night.

Knights outshot the opponents 28 - 9 in the 1st period.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
The Tkachuk -- Dvorak -- Marner line is eating them alive including 4 straight goals by Dvorak (4g +1a) and Tkachuk with 6 points (2g & 4a) so far also with Marner 4 assist night.

Yea, calmed a bit in the late 2nd, but it's sick. That line is beyond the OHL.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014

28 shots in one period.:amazed:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Jesus **** Hunter play him in the ****ing middle.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
So is marner playing wing again? Is this what he's gonna be?

He is playing Center. Just not on the PP's. The PP is clicking tonight. They also started the 2nd with the PP line and scored but not on PP.

Hunter juggles lines too much, it is what it is.

Marner has played like (or was) a Center since a kid, I wouldn't worry about it. He has been working on getting bigger and stronger... all that is important right now. The skill is all day....

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
If we find a #1 center, if be Nylander, Kop, or Stammer, etc, I really wouldn't mind Marner on the wing. He would be a winger that would back checked like a Center, and has the speed to transition quickly.

Is what it is, but this kid will be an NHL all star, I would bet anything on it. He is small, but tough as nails with the heart of a lion.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Best not to worry about where Marner ends up playing. I'm glad he's having success.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Marner's been playing on the wing for the last few games (at even-strength; with Tkachuk and Dvorak).

Yea, last 3 games they are playing them together more.

But it's not a solid line, it's juggled. For example they had JJ with Dvorak and Tkachuk during that time as well, also on the PP together.

Like I said, hard not to play Marner and Dvorak. They got special chemistry.

Hunter has been a jugular.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
If we find a #1 center, if be Nylander, Kop, or Stammer, etc, I really wouldn't mind Marner on the wing. He would be a winger that would back checked like a Center, and has the speed to transition quickly.

Is what it is, but this kid will be an NHL all star, I would bet anything on it. He is small, but tough as nails with the heart of a lion.

That exactly why they took him ... he is going to bleed blue and white.
He has character and a will to win. Nevermind his skating and his playmaking and IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad