Prospect Info: Magic Marner returns to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
No player. NONE. Have had the success Marner has had in Junior and went back to the CHL for their draft+2 season. You absolutely do not send him back. Maybe if the AHL were an option but it isn't. You play him on the damn big team.

Is this a fact or statement? I know Domi went 12th, but still wasn't he successful and went back twice?

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Is this a fact or statement? I know Domi went 12th, but still wasn't he successful and went back twice?

Domi's draft + 1 year didn't even come close to Marner's draft year. Hell, Domi's draft + 2 year wasn't even at the level of Marner's draft year (Although it was close). Not the same calibre of prospect.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nope

Marner signed his ELC with the Leafs and the NHL and as a result contracts are honoured in Euro leagues.

Leafs management could agree to loan him to a team overseas (extremely unlikely) as they are the only ones with a say in where he plays now.

PS. Matthews sustained a back injury playing in Europe against bigger stronger players.

Wasn't it kind of a fluke? Thought he had a collision and hurt it when he slammed into the boards? Might be more of a product of the boards hurting him then a player.

Shwaguy*

Fact. The closest is Giroux but even his Junior numbers are not quite as good as Marner's (And Giroux played in a higher scoring league at that).

And Domi as a prospect wasn't in the same tier as Marner despite his NHL success this season.

Marner in his draft year was quite clearly better than Domi was in his Draft+2. He outproduced him heavily and was the better 2 way player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad