Mackinnon Vs Barkov

Mackinnon Vs Barkov

• Mackinnon

• Barkov

Results are only viewable after voting.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Barkov until MacKinnon proves it for longer. He looks back after 3 down years (compared to where people expected him to be). MacKinnon is atleast making it a discussion again, which has to be a massive positive for Avs fans.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Y'all going overboard with Barkov and his injuries. MacK has played 48 more games and only has 40 more pts. Career PPGs are basically equal (0.73 vs 0.71). Looking at the last 3 seasons (Barkov only played 54 games in rookie season):

Barkov: 147pts in 198 GP (0.74 PPG)
MacK: 143pts in 218 GP (0.66 PPG)

MacK is supposed to be better offensively but the numbers show he's not, outside of the rookie season (this season isn't over yet so can't say). Barkov is better at everything. Easy choice.

Barkov has consistently played with better offensive players his whole career whereas Mack finally just got one this year (full-time) in Rantanen. Florida has atleast been in the playoff hunt the last few years whereas the Avs have been a constant dumpster fire. I've watched a decent amount of both teams play and I can confidently say Mack is the better offensive player.. It's not an easy choice at all and btw missing 48 games over your first 4 years IS something that should be considered when comparing the two. As previously stated, Barkov has played over 70 games once (71 gp) in his career whereas Mack already has 2 full seasons under his belt.... I think Barkov > Mack IF healthy due to his complete skill-set but that's a big if moving forward.

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
So it's relevant to use Avs bad years as an excuse for MacKinnon's lack of offense but Barkov's not excused for having to carry an awful Panthers team defensively? MacKinnon was never put to sacrifice his offense the way Barkov was and still their PPGs are way too close where Barkov's eclipsing defense overshadows MacKinnons
Florida has atleast somewhat been in the playoff race the past 3 years what are you talking about? They came 3rd in the East 2 years ago. There isnt even a comparison between the two teams as a total. If Mack had Huberdeau as a linemate his whole career he'd have a shitload more points than Barkov AINEC

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Barkov has consistently played with better offensive players his whole career whereas Mack finally just got one this year (full-time) in Rantanen. Florida has atleast been in the playoff hunt the last few years whereas the Avs have been a constant dumpster fire. I've watched a decent amount of both teams play and I can confidently say Mack is the better offensive player.. It's not an easy choice at all and btw missing 48 games over your first 4 years IS something that should be considered when comparing the two. As previously stated, Barkov has played over 70 games once (71 gp) in his career whereas Mack already has 2 full seasons under his belt.... I think Barkov > Mack IF healthy due to his complete skill-set but that's a big if moving forward.

Um, we made the playoffs once in those years. We were in the hunt year before. Last year we were crap. This year we are crap. And two years before the playoff performance we were crap. Saying we have been in the playoff hunt the last few years makes it sound like we've constantly been fighting and close to making the playoffs. I'm sorry, but this is not true.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Florida has atleast somewhat been in the playoff race the past 3 years what are you talking about? They came 3rd in the East 2 years ago. There isnt even a comparison between the two teams as a total. If Mack had Huberdeau as a linemate his whole career he'd have a ****load more points than Barkov AINEC

You do realise Huberdeau was injured for a lot of last season. Still Barkov and Huberdeau are a dynamic duo, and they probably do produce more points when they play together.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Um, we made the playoffs once in those years. We were in the hunt year before. Last year we were crap. This year we are crap. And two years before the playoff performance we were crap. Saying we have been in the playoff hunt the last few years makes it sound like we've constantly been fighting and close to making the playoffs. I'm sorry, but this is not true.

The past 3 years you have had 1 terrible year (last year), 1 great year and 1 year where you were relatively in the playoff hunt (7 points out) whereas Colorado has been pretty much terrible each year so yeah it's relatively true although maybe slightly exaggerated. Like I said, I wonder what the point totals would be like if Mack was on Florida with Huberdeau and Barkov was on Colorado with Tanguay, Iginla and Landeskog as his linemates.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
The past 3 years you have had 1 terrible year (last year), 1 great year and 1 year where you were relatively in the playoff hunt (7 points out) whereas Colorado has been pretty much terrible each year so yeah it's relatively true although maybe slightly exaggerated. Like I said, I wonder what the point totals would be like if Mack was on Florida with Huberdeau and Barkov was on Colorado with Tanguay, Iginla and Landeskog as his linemates.

So Florida is "in the playoff hunt" when they were 7pts out, but Colorado being 9pts (14/15) and 5pts (15/16) out is being terrible? They were closer each of those seasons than Florida last year (14pts).

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
So Florida is "in the playoff hunt" when they were 7pts out, but Colorado being 9pts (14/15) and 5pts (15/16) out is being terrible? They were closer each of those seasons than Florida last year (14pts).

Fair enough but conveniently you just ignore the linemate argument .. hmmm :sarcasm:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Fair enough but conveniently you just ignore the linemate argument .. hmmm :sarcasm:

Linemate arguments are weak and not something I like to get into. But even so, it goes for both guys really. MacK might not have had a Hub, but he's had guys like Duchene and Landeskog spread throughout the lineup to take the focus off of him. Whereas Barkov is basically the main offensive guy and the shutdown guy.

Reactions: I am not exposed

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Mackinnon.

He's making a case for himself to be an elite, franchise level Center this year. Both offensively and defensively for that matter he has made remarkable strides this year.

His pass completion percentage is also in the top 5 of all forwards ate 77% he is really having a great season so far. Ill take him over Barkov, 100 percent.

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Another Avs fan voting Barkov. That being said, it's a close call right now rather than the obvious choice that it would have been last year. Mack has found a level in his game that I honestly thought he wouldn't reach. We may be revisiting that poll often over the next decade.

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
Barkov is becoming slightly overrated on here. He's a great all-around player, but I feel Mackinnon has more offensive upside and I think he's more of a "gamebreaker" than Barkov (see the 2014 playoff series against the Wild and mem cup performance). In a few years this won't be close if MacKinnon reaches his potential offensively.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
ROFL MacKinnon will have to hit 95 points then and be top 3 in scoring

I can say this won't be close when Ekblad works on his skating. Or this won't be close when Heponiemi plays

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Under the assumption they both remain healthy, i would take Barkov.

But i still feel like MacKinnon has 100pt potential, something i don't know if Barkov is capable of. (I don't follow Florida, havent watched him enough) MacKinnon i always believed since his rookie season.

Based on today i would select Barkov.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
they both scored tonight facing each other

Barkov with some filthy moves

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Watching them both play tonight is just reaffirming that Mack is the better player right now.

Barkov is playing well, but the Panthers just dont have an answer for Mack when he's on the ice. Creating something pretty much every shift.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Watching them both play tonight is just reaffirming that Mack is the better player right now.

Barkov is playing well, but the Panthers just dont have an answer for Mack when he's on the ice. Creating something pretty much every shift.

what are you even talking about

MacKinnon is at home matched up against Florida's 4th line of Mackenzie Haley and Sceviour

Weegar (who??) and Petrovic (bum) on D

wow what a superstar out there!

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
what are you even talking about

MacKinnon is at home matched up against Florida's 4th line of Mackenzie Haley and Sceviour

Weegar (who??) and Petrovic (bum) on D

wow what a superstar out there!

Well is that MacKinnon's fault if he's matched with their fourth line? he is double shifting tho.. I guess they won't double shift Barkov's line just for Mack :huh:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
they both scored tonight facing each other

Barkov with some filthy moves

That goal on the PK would've been amazing with that skate drop (don't know what is that move called) but yeah great showing so far for both of them.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Well is that MacKinnon's fault if he's matched with their fourth line? he is double shifting tho.. I guess they won't double shift Barkov's line just for Mack :huh:

It's not but it's a valid response to what I just quoted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad