Mackinnon Vs Barkov

Mackinnon Vs Barkov

• Mackinnon

• Barkov

Results are only viewable after voting.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
If Barkov can stay healthy he's a very gifted 2-way centre with size, something Mack is just simply not. I'll take Barkov's more complete skillset over a better offensive game from Mack. Big caveat here is IF he can stay healthy, which hasn't looked the case so far in his career.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Mackinnon.

He's making a case for himself to be an elite, franchise level Center this year. Both offensively and defensively for that matter he has made remarkable strides this year.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Flip a coin. IF MacKinnon keeps this up, then it'd be hard to not go with him. But at the same time it's hard not to go with Kopitar 2.0, only issue with him is injuries.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Barkov has been making his case for few years now, only negative on that has been his injuries.

That negative is a big one though and enough to sway popular opinion on the two. Barkov has only played more than 70 games (71 games) once in his career whereas Mack already has two 82 game seasons under his belt. Being injured so often in your first 4 years is not a great sign moving forward as he does seem to pick up minor injuries all the time.

Reactions: stl76

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Only reason you take MacKinnon is because he's Canadian

same reason why Kuznetsov gets no respect

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Y'all going overboard with Barkov and his injuries. MacK has played 48 more games and only has 40 more pts. Career PPGs are basically equal (0.73 vs 0.71). Looking at the last 3 seasons (Barkov only played 54 games in rookie season):

Barkov: 147pts in 198 GP (0.74 PPG)
MacK: 143pts in 218 GP (0.66 PPG)

MacK is supposed to be better offensively but the numbers show he's not, outside of the rookie season (this season isn't over yet so can't say). Barkov is better at everything. Easy choice.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
When you've topped 70 games once; then that's a pretty serious negative :dunno:

Seems odd to blame the Panthers organization for his injuries.

If he topped 70 games once in his entire career it would be a serious negative. He's 22. How many negative points are you holding against McDavid for breaking his clavicle?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Avs fan voted Barkov, just love his game. MacK has started to look like an elite 1C lately, so if Barkov won't stay healthy in the future this vote will switch to MacK.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
MacK is supposed to be better offensively but the numbers show he's not, outside of the rookie season (this season isn't over yet so can't say). Barkov is better at everything. Easy choice.

So dismiss their rookie season, dismiss this year and let's just use the 2 years in-between (when the AVS were the worst team in modern history) to prove your point.

Gotcha.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
So dismiss their rookie season, dismiss this year and let's just use the 2 years in-between (when the AVS were the worst team in modern history) to prove your point.

Gotcha.

Rookie season Barkov only played 54 games so it doesn't really make sense to use raw pt totals including that season. This season I'm not using because it's not over yet? Anything can still happen. If we use it then I guess Schenn is better than Crosby, Voracek is better than Kane, pens aren't a playoff team, etc. I didn't use 2 seasons, I used 3 (a player can't have ~200 GP in 2 seasons). It's 70% of each players career which is more than a big enough sample. But if you are so hurt by that, I also posted their career PPG so yeah. Team excuse is weak because the great players produce regardless of what's going on around them and don't pretend like Barkov played on some powerhouse team either. I don't have a point to prove or a horse in the race, I'm just looking at facts and going off the eye test, Barkov is better.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

Gotcha.

So it's relevant to use Avs bad years as an excuse for MacKinnon's lack of offense but Barkov's not excused for having to carry an awful Panthers team defensively? MacKinnon was never put to sacrifice his offense the way Barkov was and still their PPGs are way too close where Barkov's eclipsing defense overshadows MacKinnons

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu

MacK is faster but otherwise I find Barkov to be more skilled of the two. His hands are absolutely filthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad