Mackinnon Vs Barkov

Mackinnon Vs Barkov

• Mackinnon

• Barkov

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Except it's not. He went up against Barkov and the Panthers top guys all night. Like I said the Panthers tried all 4 lines against him to stop him and couldn't do anything.

It's ok to be wrong.

What did he accomplish with Barkov out there? A home-ice win where Barkov almost scored twice short handed. Yikes

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What did he accomplish with Barkov out there? A home-ice win where Barkov almost scored twice short handed. Yikes

:laugh: you're doing some impressive work trying to twist it the way you want to see it.

Fact is, Mack scored 2 goals and led his team to a victory in which he easily could have scored 5 goals. He was dangerous every shift no matter what line he was up against. Barkov and his line couldn't do anything in the last 5 minutes of the game against any line the Avs put on the ice against them.

Like I said, it's ok to be wrong.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
:laugh: you're doing some impressive work trying to twist it the way you want to see it.

Fact is, Mack scored 2 goals and led his team to a victory in which he easily could have scored 5 goals. He was dangerous every shift no matter what line he was up against. Barkov and his line couldn't do anything in the last 5 minutes of the game against any line the Avs put on the ice against them.

Like I said, it's ok to be wrong.

"in which he easily could have scored... X amount of goals"

that's the wayne gretzky line for coming out as a homer, good on you for dropping it

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I take MacKinnon but can appreciate the talents of Barkov and would love to have him.

I just hope Barkov doesn't turn into Toews 2.0 in regards to being waaaaay overhyped for his intangibles, followed by being despised for the hype.

Then again, that's not a Barkov issue. Just an HF one.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
all these Avalanche posters posting about a game in the middle of December..

when is the next time these 2 teams are facing up and with Panthers at home?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

I don't usually do this but why are you being so defensive? I thought Barkov was great but MacK took over the game. What does the month of the game or the location have to do with it? Unless we're talking about playoffs which aren't something that Barkov has tasted much either..

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I don't usually do this but why are you being so defensive? I thought Barkov was great but MacK took over the game. What does the month of the game or the location have to do with it?

idk how I'm coming across from being defensive..

It's 1 game in a 82 game season, in which MacKinnon managed to get 53% corsi and scored 1 nice goal, and 1 garbage goal on home ice. Amazing, really took over the game

#1 star for the month of Dec because of this game

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

It's 1 game in a 82 game season, in which MacKinnon managed to get 53% corsi and scored 1 nice goal, and 1 garbage goal on home ice. Amazing, really took over the game

No one is saying he is the #1 star for the month of Dec. But he was #1 star of the month of November ;)

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland

Uhh someone is jealous cause we picked Mack at 1OA and you were left with Barkov 2OA.... :D
But all joking aside, Barkov gets 2 votes for every MacKinnon vote here

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Uhh someone is jealous cause we picked Mack at 1OA and you were left with Barkov 2OA.... :D

I'm in Vancouver.. saw MacKinnon and Drouin a lot more than Barkov. At least I can make my decision on my own, I don't blame you guys for sticking with MacKinnon given he's your franchise

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I'm in Vancouver.. saw MacKinnon and Drouin a lot more than Barkov. At least I can make my decision on my own, I don't blame you guys for sticking with MacKinnon given he's your franchise
Shame, I was sure I'd rattle your cage with that quote but you got the best of me. ;)

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010

Garbage goal? He skated around Ekblad and made him look like Greg Zanon. It's interesting how your only argument pro Barkov is down talking MacKinnon's achievements.

Barkov had the better overall career so far and is better defensively but there's no denying that MacKinnon is the more explosive and offensively better player RIGHT NOW. Can he keep it up? We'll see.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I don't usually do this but why are you being so defensive? I thought Barkov was great but MacK took over the game. What does the month of the game or the location have to do with it? Unless we're talking about playoffs which aren't something that Barkov has tasted much either..
If Barkov and Huberdeau put away those empty netters like they normally do, we're talking about a game where Barkov has 2 goals, an assist, and kept the Avalanche to five less goals than they scored when he was out last week and the Panthers allowed 7 goals. This was a game of inches and luck.

Don't pretend Mackinnon throwing a backhanded make a wish shot through a backup goalies armpit was more impressive than Barkov's play that gave Huberdeau an open net, or Barkov's Bure move to almost score his second short handed goal of the night, or Barkov's goal to become the league leader in shorthanded goals with four, which is more than 22 other teams have in total.

Last edited:

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Florida has atleast somewhat been in the playoff race the past 3 years what are you talking about? They came 3rd in the East 2 years ago. There isnt even a comparison between the two teams as a total. If Mack had Huberdeau as a linemate his whole career he'd have a ****load more points than Barkov AINEC
They could have had Huberdeau but they chose Landeskog. Do you think they made a mistake?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If Barkov and Huberdeau put away those empty netters like they normally do, we're talking about a game where Barkov has 2 goals, an assist, and kept the Avalanche to five less goals than they scored when he was out last week and the Panthers allowed 7 goals. This was a game of inches and luck.

Don't pretend Mackinnon throwing a backhanded make a wish shot through a backup goalies armpit was more impressive than Barkov's play that gave Huberdeau an open net, or Barkov's Bure move to almost score his second short handed goal of the night, or Barkov's goal to become the league leader in shorthanded goals with four, which is more than 22 other teams have in total.

And if MacKinnon doesn’t hit a post or get robbed by Reimer, MacKinnon has 4 goals. The what-ifs go both ways. It’s lame to try to stack them all up in your favor to make a case.

The great play on MacKinnon’s second goal wasn’t the shot. It was to get around Ekblad and be in position to get something on net from a dangerous area. If you can’t see that, you need to open your eyes.

As far as the comparison to last game goes, it’s kind of irrelevant. It was just one of those games that every team has once in a while. The Avs had 14 players with a point. The most any player had was two. MacKinnon only had one. Nobody score more than one goal. So it wasn’t like having Barkov matched up against our top line made much of a difference on the scoresheet for the top line.

Last edited:

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Matt Moulson had a 36 goal season once. Don't come here saying "Barkov's injured blabla" until MacKinnon is more consistent in his scoring. All those farfetched excuses used for MacKinnons previously disappointing numbers are equally applicable to any Panthers player.

MacKinnon had 16 goals last year, 21 the year before and 14 the year before that.. Everybody acknowledged it back then as an issue that was on him but now when he's had a hot 31 games people just religiously praise him without questioning if he can be consistent in this.

HfBoards has the memory of a goldfish. Barkov leads 3-1 in seasons so far (3-2 if we count this season as of now) where he's outperformed MacKinnon.. I doubt the Panthers wish they had MacKinnon all along.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

Barkov was awesome. MacK was awesome. If you look at the first page of this thread, you'll notice that I voted for Barkov in this poll. They both had their chances and MacK buried his. Next game it might be different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad