LW Yevgeni Svechnikov (2015, 19th, DET)

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
i love how happy larkin looks for Svech in that gif, jumps into the air with both hands raised

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Still young. Not getting much playing time. Look forward to him hopefully getting a full time shot next year... spending some time with Larkin or Zetterberg would do wonders to help see where his potential is really at.

This experience should be good for him but I'd like to see him lead his team and be the offensive catalyst for the Griffons before he gets a permanent promotion.

Reactions: lilidk

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
His skating has looked alot better last few games. Confidence plays a big part in that IMO. He has the skill, kid was rated as the 20th prospect last year in the Future Watch if i remember correctly? The talent is there, let's hope he gets a top 6 shot next year with some PP time.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
His confidence is showing and he's playing better. This was a perfect move for him before (hopefully) the playoffs.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So he won't play at all this year?

What does the future holds? Trade with the Canes to play with his brother?

Hes gonna make the wings next season unless he has a horrible camp. He was good this past year in camp and looked like a player. Hes a bit of a wild card at this point. Hes missed development time and been injured but he had a really good rookie AHL year, had a bad second year but was good towards the end when his neck got healthy. Then this year had a good camp and got hurt again.

I think theres potential for a 50 point third liner in there still, hopefully he can just get it together and stay injury free. Hes only 22 and hes huge/plays with a bit of an edge so I dont think its top 6 or bust with him. Th wings suck so they have time to be patient and see what they have with him

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Hes gonna make the wings next season unless he has a horrible camp. He was good this past year in camp and looked like a player. Hes a bit of a wild card at this point. Hes missed development time and been injured but he had a really good rookie AHL year, had a bad second year but was good towards the end when his neck got healthy. Then this year had a good camp and got hurt again.

I think theres potential for a 50 point third liner in there still, hopefully he can just get it together and stay injury free. Hes only 22 and hes huge/plays with a bit of an edge so I dont think its top 6 or bust with him. Th wings suck so they have time to be patient and see what they have with him

# of 50 point third liners in the NHL.....0

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
he suppose to play mid march -april , but so far nothing we herd about him

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
# of 50 point third liners in the NHL.....0

In his best year maybe 50 points but mostly a good secondary scorer from the third line. 40-50 points a year for a third liner is good but not unheard of at all

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
In his best year maybe 50 points but mostly a good secondary scorer from the third line. 40-50 points a year for a third liner is good but not unheard of at all

He's still young, he'll have a shot at getting top 6 minutes still.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I still think he could be a late bloomer.

He's had awful luck with injuries and is in a tough position organizationally where other guys passed him while he was injured, as well as dealing with the constant back and forth between AHL/NHL this year.

The skill is still there for him to be an effective complimentary player, though I could just as easily see him never putting it all together.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I still think he could be a late bloomer.

He's had awful luck with injuries and is in a tough position organizationally where other guys passed him while he was injured, as well as dealing with the constant back and forth between AHL/NHL this year.

The skill is still there for him to be an effective complimentary player, though I could just as easily see him never putting it all together.

The main issue is the log jam of garbage on the Wings roster... He should be playing over almost half the roster... But, a good chunk of that half of the roster is signed to ludicrous contracts thanks to Mr Ken Holland.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
The main issue is the log jam of garbage on the Wings roster... He should be playing over almost half the roster... But, a good chunk of that half of the roster is signed to ludicrous contracts thanks to Mr Ken Holland.
Couldn't agree more. I was just gonna post how no one should be more mad than him that guys like Helm, Abby, Nielsen, Filppula, Glendening are all playing over him. At 23 he doesn't need development he needs opportunity.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Couldn't agree more. I was just gonna post how no one should be more mad than him that guys like Helm, Abby, Nielsen, Filppula, Glendening are all playing over him. At 23 he doesn't need development he needs opportunity.

I think this is easier to say now than it was to start the year. He had just had an injury plagued season and then missed an entire season. NHL teams cant just rely on leaving spots for guys like him when he cant even stay healthy not to mention actually have a good season when he was healthy.

Now I think hes bounced back and is absolutely a top 9 player on Detroit but theres no problem with him honing his game one more year in the minors since hes missed so much time. Give him some call ups throughout the year. He'll be on the team next season, if not by the deadline this year

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I agree that he could be a late bloomer, but it won't be with Detroit. The way Blashill played him when he was in Detroit this year and how he hasn't gotten much NHL opportunity even with the injuries implies he's lost his spot on the depth charts. He's still got potential to be an effective third liner if given the opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad