LW Yevgeni Svechnikov (2015, 19th, DET)

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
When he came back to start last season and couldnt play back to backs because his knee was still grinding badly, it seemed like the writing was on the wall a bit. Every time he played with the wings he looked solid though and he has a bit of an edge to him. I could see him catching on with another team. Injuries f***ed this guy over bad
I could easily see Svech carving out a role as an NHL player, he just needs to stay healthy and get the opprotunity. If he gets signed by an NHL team and gets a chance, I think fans of that team will be impressed barring injury. Ive always liked his game, I hope it works out for him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
When he came back to start last season and couldnt play back to backs because his knee was still grinding badly, it seemed like the writing was on the wall a bit. Every time he played with the wings he looked solid though and he has a bit of an edge to him. I could see him catching on with another team. Injuries f***ed this guy over bad

That really sucks, I hate when injuries side track or prematurely end a players career.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Imagine, if Detroit picked Kaprizov instead on this guys. They would have had just one short season of him and not 6 seasons as with Svech. So yeah, the pick was right. Just a little bit unlucky.

at the time, your asking the wings to have picked a late rounder versus someone who was scheduled to be a top 30 draft pick.
this ideology makes no sense.
at that rate, boy, wouldnt it have been nice for detroit to have picked Adin Hill over Saarijarvi, Caleb Jones over Joren van Pottelberghe, Troy Terry instead of Chase Pearson.
come on now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
at the time, your asking the wings to have picked a late rounder versus someone who was scheduled to be a top 30 draft pick.
this ideology makes no sense.
at that rate, boy, wouldnt it have been nice for detroit to have picked Adin Hill over Saarijarvi, Caleb Jones over Joren van Pottelberghe, Troy Terry instead of Chase Pearson.
come on now.
If the Wings(like the rest of the league) thought that Kaprizov is a late rounder, they were idiots. It is just hard to admit for you. Just a little bit of proper scouting in Russia would have provided them with the invaluable information that Y.Svechnikov is not a 1st rounder(but look he plays in North America, he can't be bad, right?) and Kaprizov is a Top10 talent.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If the Wings(like the rest of the league) thought that Kaprizov is a late rounder, they were idiots. It is just hard to admit for you. Just a little bit of proper scouting in Russia would have provided them with the invaluable information that Y.Svechnikov is not a 1st rounder(but look he plays in North America, he can't be bad, right?) and Kaprizov is a Top10 talent.

this...not worth it.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Started out the first 8 games with the Jets in the NHL, I hope that means he is finally an NHL player from here forward.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Imagine, if Detroit picked Kaprizov instead on this guys. They would have had just one short season of him and not 6 seasons as with Svech. So yeah, the pick was right. Just a little bit unlucky.
Given how good Raymond looks for the Wings they could have been turning the corner already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad