LW Yevgeni Svechnikov (2015, 19th, DET)

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Svech likely plays two seasons in Grand Rapids before pushing for a roster spot.
Yeah, I thought the same a month ago, but Svech surprised me.
Maybe it's just a preseason.
Slepyshev was pretty good at the last year preseason too, but invisible in the RS.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah, I thought the same a month ago, but Svech surprised me.
Maybe it's just a preseason.
Slepyshev was pretty good at the last year preseason too, but invisible in the RS.

Svech will have an easier transition than Slepyshev having played two years in North America, 2-3 training camps, including experiencing AHL playoff hockey last year. He would have been a KHL regular last year most likely and maybe even had two full seasons under his belt if he had stayed in Russia. Regardless, it's good the Red Wings headcoach was behind the bench watching his performance during these games. He may get some callups this season and given the amount of young players sticking with teams these days,anything could happen and he could make the team next year. I'm being hopeful,I remember how disappointing I was in him last year.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Latest article on Svech

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf/2016/12/top_prospect_evgeny_svechnikov.html

Coach Todd Nelson said scoring is not a concern. It has been Svechnikov's defense and penchant for silly penalties that have required the most attention.

"He's a different player from a month ago," Nelson said. "He was careless with the puck at times and had too many turnovers and had to work on his game without the puck. He's managing it a lot better.

"During the transition his offense suffered a bit, but now he's finding a balance between managing the puck well and providing some offense."

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
8 points (5+3) in his last 8 games. Goals from the last game against Milwaukee.

ZPhn1g8.gif

egrKJoG.gif

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The step up from the Q to the AHL is often a hard one for many prospects, I hope he continues his performance and gets a few games with the big club in the New Year.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
11 now, scored a goal last night

Its good that hes producing but especially that hes being consistent about it. A lot of young guywith high end skill like him will put up 5 points in one night and not score for 7 and just br all over the place. Hes just steadily going along picking up points.

After his first 15 or 20 games or so it seems like hes been almost point per game. For a first year pro getting adjusted thats exactly what you want to see

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Wanted him on the Jets before Connor fell into our laps.

The future top line of Svechnikov-Larkin/Pettersson-Mantha will be the beacon of hope for the Red Wings during the rebuild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad