GDT: Lundqvist & The Wolf Pack @ Wild - 2/13/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Someone please explain to me how our rookie defensemen are better at reading and reacting to releasing below the netmouth in the defensive zone. Gilmour and Pionk have been excellent at it. They actually understand AV’s system

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Look at the effort the back checking and the skating. lots of hustle

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
what on earth is everyone talking about

the 3 goals were off 3 egregious plays no professional team should make. he should be upset with them, they were playing like garbage, and after he blew up they stopped. Further, they were by the veteran leaders on the team.

I've never seen him light up a young player. Has anyone?

like he's gotta sit like a patient papa bear as his team wastes his time. they get paid for this.

I dont understand.

Well said.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Someone please explain to me how our rookie defensemen are better at reading and reacting to releasing below the netmouth in the defensive zone. Gilmour and Pionk have been excellent at it. They actually understand AV’s system
The disconnect between what it looks like AV wants the team to do and his apparent favoring of veteran defensemen who can't do it is definitely something I want someone smarter than me to write about

effen

Feb 3, 2018
He's verballed ADA a few times, and the whole Stepan 'relax' incident in the playoffs was about him yelling at Skjei

ADA seems to be do that to people.

I have no problems with some playoff yelling. Good enough to be playing then, good enough to get some heat. Not for hand holding time.

I'll be team hank on this. Dude has been shelled like no goalie I've seen other than Richter, he's earned it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Doesn't Hartford play the same system?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So close to a winning streak `grin` the players can almost taste it.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I can imagine that easily. AV is an awful coach.

I think AHL games are primarily on the weekends, with a lot less long distance travel . Leaves a lot of time during the week for practice. I'm not surprised they can execute it better.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
ADA seems to be do that to people.

I have no problems with some playoff yelling. Good enough to be playing then, good enough to get some heat. Not for hand holding time.

I'll be team hank on this. Dude has been shelled like no goalie I've seen other than Richter, he's earned it.

Winning mentality breeds winners.

Reactions: bl02

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think AHL games are primarily on the weekends, with a lot less long distance travel . Leaves a lot of time during the week for practice. I'm not surprised they can execute it better.

I'm surprised on a daily basis that AV can breathe and chew gum at the same time. Let alone "coach" and chew gum.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I can imagine that easily. AV is an awful coach.
This is true :laugh:

At least this gives me some hope that Gorton is targeting kids to fit the identity for what he wants to build. Gilmour and Pionk seem like they can be really solid pieces moving forward. If we can get kids to play that up-tempo game from the backend to help our kids that can play with speed through the neutral zone, I’ll be a happy Rangers fan in a couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille