GDT: Lundqvist & The Wolf Pack @ Wild - 2/13/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
ADA seems to be do that to people.

I have no problems with some playoff yelling. Good enough to be playing then, good enough to get some heat. Not for hand holding time.

I'll be team hank on this. Dude has been shelled like no goalie I've seen other than Richter, he's earned it.

I have no real issue with the playoff one either, but you did ask...

The issue isn't so much who he's potentially yelling at going forward, more whether he'll do it or not. Think about it, you're a rookie/inexperienced guy on next year's Rangers trying to learn the NHL game. You're playing next to Henrik-freakin'-Lundqvist, the King of New York, one of the all time great Rangers, but he keeps losing his cool. You begin to worry more about not getting on Hank's bad side than focussing on your game, but the more you focus on that, the more you are likely to make mistakes that raise his ire. He can get upset, but he has to channel it better

The mindset for a rebuilding team has to be different to that of a team going for the cup

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It’s truly amazing how defenseman that can skate and move well look so much better in this system. It’s the same comment we all made when the Rangers signed Girardi and Staal long term. Neither guy skates all that well

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I have no real issue with the playoff one either, but you did ask...

The issue isn't so much who he's potentially yelling at going forward, more whether he'll do it or not. Think about it, you're a rookie/inexperienced guy on next year's Rangers trying to learn the NHL game. You're playing next to Henrik-freakin'-Lundqvist, the King of New York, one of the all time great Rangers, but he keeps losing his cool. You begin to worry more about not getting on Hank's bad side than focussing on your game, but the more you focus on that, the more you are likely to make mistakes that raise his ire. He can get upset, but he has to channel it better

The mindset for a rebuilding team has to be different to that of a team going for the cup

Imagine if a teammate threw a fit if Hank ever gave up a soft goal......

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
So the Rangers go down 3-0, AV calls timeout and goes off: The experts on here say the team is ignoring him. Ever since then they’ve dominated the game. I don’t know what is gonna happen in the third but instead of acknowledging how foolish some look, they continue after that to put down the Head Coach. Like somehow in that second period he screwed up or something. Embarrassing, and the people with the comments who think they know what they’re talking about couldn’t know less.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
im pretty happy with Pionk and Gilmour to be honest. its a small sample size but they don't look out of place at all. rather watch them then Holden Kampfer Smith

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Holy crap. Blue Jackets with 51 shots on goal. I’m sorry no goalie is going to stop all those shots. Isles are keeping the Ranger PO hope alive.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
That run the wolf pack went on before all these guys started getting called up certainly seems to be rubbing off on our vets .

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So the Rangers go down 3-0, AV calls timeout and goes off: The experts on here say the team is ignoring him. Ever since then they’ve dominated the game. I don’t know what gonna happen in the third but instead of acknowledging how foolish some look, they continue after that to put down the Head Coach. Like somehow in that second period he screwed up or something. Embarrassing, and the people with the comments who think they know what they’re talking about couldn’t know less.
People aren't gonna go against the narrative at this point. This team could miraculously get in playoffs while these kids develop and people will still hate him and say he in an echl level coach no matter what. It's just time he goes. People like change and his time is up.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
People aren't gonna go against the narrative at this point. This team could miraculously get in playoffs while these kids develop and people will still hate him and say he in an echl level coach no matter what. It's just time he goes. People like change and his time is up.

Well that dude is misremembering what actually happened.

AV went off on them after they went down 2-0 and they promptly went out there and gave up goal #3.

Rangers are lucky that the Wild went to sleep after scoring that goal.

Reactions: Siddi

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Well that dude is misremembering what actually happened.

AV went off on them after they went down 2-0 and they promptly went out there and gave up goal #3.

Rangers are lucky that the Wild went to sleep after scoring that goal.

But the team has outplayed the wild. The third goal did not come as a result of being outplayed it came as a result of a horrible mistake by Skjei.
There just is no balance when it comes with the coach. Its all negative. Its just not worth discussing anymore or defending him.
It will be nice when he goes so in 2 years or so the next coach will be next on the firing line.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
But the team has outplayed the wild. The third goal did not come as a result of being outplayed it came as a result of a horrible mistake by Skjei.
There just is no balance when it comes with the coach. Its all negative. Its just not worth discussing anymore or defending him.
It will be nice when he goes so in 2 years or so the next coach will be next on the firing line.

I'm dreading what will surely happen: The rangers next coach leads us to a glorious presidents trophy winning season and all the way to the ECF only to face off against the capitals, now coached by AV and in the ECF for the first time.

The caps sweep us 4-0 and AV goes on to lead the caps to their first stanley cup.

Reactions: bl02

Xref

Oct 16, 2010

He's not a bad coach at all. But his shelf life is past due. Can't imagine him returning next season. They need a fresh start.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
With regards to the roster, while this team needs a reset and an infusion of younger talent, I don’t think we should forget that we do have some interesting possibilities that can be part of the future.

While they are not enough to transform this franchise into a legit contender as is, and there are a lot of unknowns and suspects in the organization, this isn’t 2002-2004 either.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think my favorite thing about Pionk so far is how he’s really smart at blocking shots. He never fully takes his body out of the play and allows for a quick rebound to get up and get the puck up ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad