GDT: Lundqvist & The Wolf Pack @ Wild - 2/13/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Every time one of our forwards intercepts a pass in the air in the neutral zone, I have a flashback to Jesper Fast making Curtis Glencross his bitch leading to McD’s goal against the Caps.

Reactions: haveandare and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Every time one of our forwards intercepts a pass in the air in the neutral zone, I have a flashback to Jesper Fast making Curtis Glencross his ***** leading to McD’s goal against the Caps.
That was an incredible play

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think my favorite thing about Pionk so far is how he’s really smart at blocking shots. He never fully takes his body out of the play and allows for a quick rebound to get up and get the puck up ice

I think people kept looking for numbers from certain players in Hartford, especially on defense.

But I mentioned in another thread recently that the focus wasn’t on numbers in the AHL. The focus was on defense and timing and confidence.

If a guys like ADA and Pionk don’t make it, it won’t be because they lack skills. So the focus needs to be in defensive principles, because that’s what’s going to help them take the next step and build momentum.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think people kept looking for numbers from certain players in Hartford, especially on defense.

But I mentioned in another thread recently that the focus wasn’t on numbers in the AHL. The focus was on defense and timing and confidence.

If a guys like ADA and Pionk don’t make it, it won’t be because they lack skills. So the focus needs to be in defensive principles, because that’s what’s going to help them take the next step and build momentum.

In the broadcast tonight, Sam mentioned Sproul was told the same exact thing in Hartford. It seems the message may have been similar to all of the guys down there

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
In the broadcast tonight, Sam mentioned Sproul was told the same exact thing in Hartford. It seems the message may have been similar to all of the guys down there

Missed it, but it makes sense.

And if you’re Brendan Smith, the stares just got harder.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

That’s because you’re a very, very smart human, Edge. I love how they’ve coached these kids so far based on their incredibly small sample size in the NHL. The reads and timing are just so much better, and their skating and puck moving skills are an extra bonus. I jumped the gun on my excitement by thinking of these kids coupled with our young forwards who are all good at transitioning through the neutral zone. If you want up-tempo hockey, that’s definitely the blueprint for it. If they can keep building on this and eyeing the players required for it, I’ll be very happy when the final product is near completion.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That’s because you’re a very, very smart human, Edge. I love how they’ve coached these kids so far based on their incredibly small sample size in the NHL. The reads and timing are just so much better, and their skating and puck moving skills are an extra bonus. I jumped the gun on my excitement by thinking of these kids coupled with our young forwards who are all good at transitioning through the neutral zone. If you want up-tempo hockey, that’s definitely the blueprint for it. If they can keep building on this and eyeing the players required for it, I’ll be very happy when the final product is near completion.

Which also speaks to why I want to take advantage of this time to add talented youngsters and picks to the organization.

We have some talent scattered around the system. If even just a few of them make it, and we can add a lot of talent over the next four months, you suddenly have a system with some interesting possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->