GDT: Lundqvist & The Wolf Pack @ Wild - 2/13/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, it`s funny pre-game @Irishguy42 so well done! :)

Against the Wilds - it won`t be an easy game, and you can`t expect Henrik to do another 97% or shutout game. So we need to play even better to get any positive results out of this game.

And what do we really want another playeoffs run or lottery?

I don`t even know - some guys are not too happy when we start winning games so. ;)

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Rangers roster is really going for their own version of the Theseus's Paradox.

At what point is our ship now Hartford and no longer the original?

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So, does that mean the Wolfpack, are a pack no more? The pack needs to stay together, on way or another. Instead of "dancing with the wolves" are they now "skating with the wolves"?
Just asking. LGR's! Don't give up the ship quite yet!

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
is it wrong to hope for a few cases of the flu so we can have more Hartford guys?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
If you would have told me back in October that our February defense would consist of 1 regular and have Ryan Sproul....

Nothing ever surprises me with this team anymore. You just have to laugh at it sometimes.

As for the game...alright gang, give me an over/under on E. Staal scoring a goal, and then the board going crazy and reminiscing about his tenure here for the next two weeks ;)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
24h9fg.jpg

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Pre-game speech:

"You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So were there two---so there were two of us in the wolf pack. I was--I was alone first in the pack and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago....when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought: "Wait a second. Could it be? And now, I know for sure. I just added two more guys to my wolf pack."...Four of us wolves, running around the desert together in Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight.....(he grabs a knife and cuts his hand) I make a toast...hahahahaha...blood brothers!"

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
f*** tanking, try and win as many games as you can. We want Hank to hit 30 wins again, and who knows what happens, if for some reason we actually make the playoffs.

I will never root for my team to lose, especially in a league with a draft LOTTERY. No guarantee you're getting the top pick.

We're still trading big assets at the deadline. Never under estimate young, hungry players who want to make an impact.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
**** tanking, try and win as many games as you can. We want Hank to hit 30 wins again, and who knows what happens, if for some reason we actually make the playoffs.

I will never root for my team to lose, especially in a league with a draft LOTTERY. No guarantee you're getting the top pick.

We're still trading big assets at the deadline. Never under estimate young, hungry players who want to make an impact.

This. I'd fine with them losing to get a better draft spot or winning to stay in pursuit of a playoff spot. Regardless, I want Hank to get another 30 win season.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
**** tanking, try and win as many games as you can. We want Hank to hit 30 wins again, and who knows what happens, if for some reason we actually make the playoffs.

Isn't that what comprises the LV Knights? Hmmmm.couldnt agree with you more bud!

Reactions: nevesis

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Injuries, yeah injuries....every team gets em. As the old adage goes. For me, this wasn't ever the main issue. We ALL saw it way back at the 30-40 game mark. We were winning enough, but weren't playing well, and not nearly desperate enough.
Opposing teams wanted the 2pts much more than our Rangers did, on many nights, except Hank of course. Seemed spowly the excuse was we've lost Kreids, Shatty etc. Never said it publicly, but within the room.....one never really knows.

Much of this has got to be on AV, never has the guys READY. Maybe, just maybe these kids will enthuse the locker room.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'm not sure how far Sproul falls from the standards of Pionk and to a lesser degree Gilmour but it really doesn't hurt to have them replace the standards of Marc Staal, Brenden Smith, and Steve Kampfer. The call ups are all young rested players with good skating playing their best hockey.

We haven't had an acceptable defense corp for a long time with Girardi, Staal, Kampfer, Holden taking up 50% of the ice time while icing bare minimum NHL quality play. The 2012 days of two goals or less for Henrik and the team seems like a enchanted fairy tale. A lot of it is due to the "keep them to the outside but let them do whatever they want" strategy of AV's but a lot of it is also his choice of "keep them to the outside but let them do whatever they want" type defensemen.

It's only a matter of time before AV ruins the call ups that have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad