London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
How does Ruslan Gazizov not have an NHL contract? He’s not all offense either. He can play gritty and defensively when needed. He has the best vision on the team and he’s electric.

Somebody please take a chance and sign this guy!

He is still technically draft eligible. He can only sign a deal with whatever if any, team he attended rookie camp with last year. After the draft he can sign with whoever. It's a stupid rule.

He's a hell of a player. Doesn't get a lot of main stream respect. Him and Julien.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Possible scenario:
It appears (not official) as though the Soo will have the 3rd seed entering the playoffs. Their final game is at home against Saginaw, a team whose final game will likely/could be meaningful with 1st in the Western Conference (possibly) at stake. With a 3rd seed carved in stone, the Soo could decide to rest some key players paving the way for an easy 2 points for Saginaw and giving them 1st overall.
I know this is just one possible scenario, and that it presupposes both London and Saginaw will win all of their remaining games prior to the Saginaw/Soo showdown in game 68...

Reactions: tjziel and zman77

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Possible scenario:
It appears (not official) as though the Soo will have the 3rd seed entering the playoffs. Their final game is at home against Saginaw, a team whose final game will likely/could be meaningful with 1st in the Western Conference (possibly) at stake. With a 3rd seed carved in stone, the Soo could decide to rest some key players paving the way for an easy 2 points for Saginaw and giving them 1st overall.
I know this is just one possible scenario, and that it presupposes both London and Saginaw will win all of their remaining games prior to the Saginaw/Soo showdown in game 68...
That would be bad for London. But soo probably would want to play us instead of saginaw knowing they can beat us

Reactions: zman77

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The Knights 1043 PIM is the highest the league has seen since Barrie finished the season with 1051 in 2015/16

They are most likely going to beat that mark, but won't catch the next seasons back leader, again the Colts with 1155 in 14/15

Granted.. they play the Spits twice... so...
Speaking of records, one SH goal away from the all-time record, I believe. And, Knights are currently tied with Barrie for that distinction.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Should receive 20 with his history this year alone, disgusting.
Sawyer Boulton is doing his job so well he not only live rent free in the heads of opposing teams and their fans but also OHL officials.

The Knights will be wise to scratch him until the playoffs so they not the OHL choose when to deploy him.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
The lineup will take care of itself come POs.
I do like the conversation it stirs up though :)
And no I don't wanna see players injured.

Should receive 20 with his history this year alone, disgusting.
Not for that play. They made the right call on ice at its an auto suspension length I think (could be wrong)

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Roll three lines in the playoffs. Fourth line is weak with or without Sawyer. Depth upgrade would have been nice for line four at the deadline. Oh well.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Possible scenario:
I wouldn't exactly be giving 2 free points to Saginaw only because Soo would be resting players, how many times have we seen a bottom team beating a top team? Saginaw are keeping up with London, yes, even winning they sure have not been playing really well at all their last half dozen games either

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
From a Rangers fan perspective I would much rather play Saginaw in the second round simply because the Knights have had their number for most of the last 15ish plus years.

Reactions: All the Answers

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
here's a prediction, Boulton injures one of an opposing teams top players in the first two rounds and the league does nothing because it's more concerned with social media threats than dangerous plays.
go cry about it 😢 😭 my guess you don't make it out of round one!

• Haha
Reactions: East Avenue Bully

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Soo Fans are unhinged LOL
I'm sure if anyone took liberty with Cowboy there would be 12 other players lining up to defend him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240316_163115_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240316_163115_X.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 6

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
From a Rangers fan perspective I would much rather play Saginaw in the second round simply because the Knights have had their number for most of the last 15ish plus years.
You will likely get your wish. Even if Knights win remaining 3 games, they need Saginaw to lose a point in their last 4 to finish 1st. Saginaw has the tiebreaker.

Reactions: LDN

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
You will likely get your wish. Even if Knights win remaining 3 games, they need Saginaw to lose a point in their last 4 to finish 1st. Saginaw has the tiebreaker.
I'm thinking Saginaw is more likely to finish first at this stage as well, but Saginaw has the game against the Soo at the end of the season and then both teams have a pretty "easy" other 3 games I would say. I think there is a good chance it comes down to that final day before we know who gets first.

Reactions: rve24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad