London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
No... game is in Erie
We used to have Roger's coverage in Erie, no? (even if picking up another feed) Oh well no biggie.
Paid rights to show game trump cable access,. but I'm not paying for it. ( issues previously with chl app)
The season tic probly get dumped next after 25 years in next year or 2.
Not bitter at all, was great value once......but that value, perks, entertainment for cost has definitely continously decreased since '99 for season tic holders.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
We used to have Roger's coverage in Erie, no? (even if picking up another feed) Oh well no biggie.
Paid rights to show game trump cable access,. but I'm not paying for it. ( issues previously with chl app)
The season tic probly get dumped next after 25 years in next year or 2.
Not bitter at all, was great value once......but that value, perks, entertainment for cost has definitely continously decreased since '99 for season tic holders.
Never any regular TV coverage from USA based teams. Rogers has arranged broadcasts during the playoff games.

I'd reconsider getting rid of your tickets, especially if you like your seats. Compared to walk up prices it's a great deal. There's always people willing to buy at your face value and then you can still get to go to a game or two when you want. Plus you still get first Crack at playoff tickets and CHL events

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Never any regular TV coverage from USA based teams. Rogers has arranged broadcasts during the playoff games.

I'd reconsider getting rid of your tickets, especially if you like your seats. Compared to walk up prices it's a great deal. There's always people willing to buy at your face value and then you can still get to go to a game or two when you want. Plus you still get first Crack at playoff tickets and CHL events
I'll PM this week. Your post is not my experience. Not even close. And the TV.....I know I've seen US based games in the past.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Another injury. This time to barkey as he was head checked. Hopefully he isn't out too long. Guy who hit him got 5 min major

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

Otto has a good point here. We did not renew this season and the few times we decided to go to the game we were paying for almost two games in comparison to our seasons last year.
Now our spot sucked too so there is that. I am considering the premium section seating as the other perks are pretty attractive but no idea how long of a wait those will be..

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Knights have played extremely well since that Guelph game, I really like how tight they've played Erie, and that's a great sign coming into playoffs.
Willmore's play is giving the needed rest for Simpson

I don't know how accurate these OHL prospects will be, I believe this is Elite Prospects' latest for the first 3 rounds

Reactions: nelli27 and LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The Knights have played extremely well since that Guelph game, I really like how tight they've played Erie, and that's a great sign coming into playoffs.
Willmore's play is giving the needed rest for Simpson

I don't know how accurate these OHL prospects will be, I believe this is Elite Prospects' latest for the first 3 rounds

London kid, Beckham Edwards, on that list (#11) playing for Detroit Little Caesars. Anyone know if he played most of his minor hockey in London?
Edit: I see he played for Elgin Middlesex before jumping ship this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: rve24 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London kid, Beckham Edwards, on that list (#11) playing for Detroit Little Caesars. Anyone know if he played most of his minor hockey in London?
Edit: I see he played for Elgin Middlesex before jumping ship this year.
He must be planning a college route for his future to have jumped ship, no.

I am reading a lot about Pierce Mbuyi of the Marlies, he's #24 on the list, the kid seems to have the right drive that can take him far(possibly), I saw him in the 2024 Uder15 Prospect game broadcast, he's scored the winner and also had 2 assists on the game. I was impressed and have been trying to find more of him on films, unsuccessfully, lots to read thought, he could be a surprise pick. And now I am going to find out more about this Edwards kid, I know Little Caesars had a really strong team this year.

Reactions: LDN and nelli27

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Ya I see what you Mean nell27, this Beckham Edwards kid seems to be a natural scorer, averaging a goal agame where ever he plays. I found a whole lot on him, lots of patience with puck shows his confidence. Do you think he'd be OHL bound next year?

Reactions: nelli27

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
My opinion. We beat Soo tonight we will get first overall. Saginaw will not win all 5.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
My opinion. We beat Soo tonight we will get first overall. Saginaw will not win all 5.
First place likely won't be decided til the final day game between Saginaw at the Soo. It's the last game of a 3 in 3 for Saginaw. Problem is the Soo may rest top guns as they are pretty well locked into 3rd. They will likely be in a position to decide who they prefer in the 2nd round London or Saginaw. Tonight is a must win for Knights to even have a shot.

Reactions: LDN

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
If you wanted to ge into the Greyhounds' heads, you start Sawyer Bolton but under strict orders NOT to initiate anything ,but give him the green light if any one of the Hounds decide to. Last meeting of these clubs in the regular season, and I'm certain that someone on that team would be susceptible to taking the bait. Should that predictable response occur, it has the potential of throwing off their game plan. Sawyer does have his use, if the situation is carefully managed.:naughty:

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If you wanted to ge into the Greyhounds' heads, you start Sawyer Bolton but under strict orders NOT to initiate anything ,but give him the green light if any one of the Hounds decide to. Last meeting of these clubs in the regular season, and I'm certain that someone on that team would be susceptible to taking the bait. Should that predictable response occur, it has the potential of throwing off their game plan. Sawyer does have his use, if the situation is carefully managed.:naughty:
If you want to get into Greyhounds' heads, just play your game and your role, not theirs, and you will beat them (have faith, Sawyer does knows his role on this team perfectly)

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If we win tonight we can beat SSM in the playoffs and getting 1 or 2 seed won’t matter cause we can beat Saginaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad