London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Dale900 is a coaching legend but he needs to put the bottle away and put his foot down. Discipline has been a problem all year and can be detrimental come playoffs. Losing is one thing but beating yourself is another.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Hounds seemed to get away with a lot tonight, no? Penalties didn’t seem indicative of what was happening on the ice. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London 6-3 win over Soo Greyhounds - They looked really good again tonight

They were much better against a fast team on their back-checks, and were good on faceoffs as well.

I would question this black&white stripes call on Boulton, one of the very poorest 5 minute major call in a while.

Gazizov, You were the man tonight

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Post-game thoughts:

A well-earned victory tonight...In fact, that W deserved 4 points (not 2). We had to beat the Soo, and the officials.
"The Gazizov show"....he really likes those smelling salts! Hey, whatever works.
PP lethal; PK impressive (esp. that 5 min. kill).
It was an important game for the Knights for a few reasons...battling for 1st overall, and to send a message to the Soo should these teams hook up in the playoffs.
Two puck possession style teams, and the Knights took away the middle of the ice, and outplayed the Hounds for the most part--limited their chances. Simpson didn't need to make many tough saves; let in one stinker-BMB junior.
I don't mind the chippiness at the end of the game--this time initiated by a Soo player--Fantino, but those gloves were sure sewn on. Carlyle also took certain liberties throughout the game. So, it shows the Knights don't have a monopoly on playing on the 'edge'. And, when we do, the refs don't hesitate to send us to the sin bin or toss us from the game (e.g. S. Boulton).

I have to cut this short...I'm trying to sell a box of Jaromir Jagr bobbleheads.

Hedon rating: 10/10

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Imagine Gazzy as an OA. if we only get one import next year I wouldn't mind having Gazizov back as an OA
After the year he has had ..... he won't be back. His agents phone must be ringing off the hook. Gaz will have many options this summer.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Well played by London.
Attention to detail, focused and beat a solid team.
SSM seemed frustrated at times and LK doesn't mind a chippy game.
Little too much "showmanship" for me at times from LK.....
Refs......just gotta play thru it, is what it is for better or for worse :)

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Watched a lot of this game too. Saginaw is very fortunate. Another game heavily influenced by the stripes.
Big time....pro Saginaw and they're not even trying to hide it. But Guelph beat themselves twice by not clearing the puck and Gillespie flopping in OT.

Reactions: tjziel

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Big time....pro Saginaw and they're not even trying to hide it. But Guelph beat themselves twice by not clearing the puck and Gillespie flopping in OT.
The two times Saginaw visited London this year, it was one-sided as well. In my 25 years of watching junior hockey, I notice Memorial Cup host teams tend to have more leeway with the refs. Very well could be wrong, but it seems that way.

Reactions: tjziel

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
How does Ruslan Gazizov not have an NHL contract? He’s not all offense either. He can play gritty and defensively when needed. He has the best vision on the team and he’s electric.

Somebody please take a chance and sign this guy!

Reactions: TheBlueMonster

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
How does Ruslan Gazizov not have an NHL contract? He’s not all offense either. He can play gritty and defensively when needed. He has the best vision on the team and he’s electric.

Somebody please take a chance and sign this guy!
His two way game is leaps and bounds better than two years ago. Really looking like a complete player. Hoping he gets an NHL deal.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Now that was playoff hockey. Gazizov has been on a tear since December, but Ruslan, knock off the BS after you score.

Edward working on his golf swing I see.

With the exception of playing the puck on that 3rd period goal, George had a monster game.

was in washroom when Lawrence scored. I hear someone took a run at Sim. He was going off the ice when I got back to my seat, and he didn't look so good.

lastly... I am squarely in the play through the reffing crowd, but tonight, Foot Locker should ask for the jerseys back.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
In reply to some of the ref talk in tonight’s game, the tripping penalty on Halttunen in the 3rd was up there for worst call I have ever seen at a hockey game. He literally didn’t even touch the SSM player.

Also, the Boulton slew foot. I firmly believe was unintentional, his momentum kind of swung his foot into the other guys feet accidentally. However, I believe the refs called it correct. Unintentional or not, he slew footed him.

Also, I hope Sim is okay. I guess a SSM player took him out after EN goal, I didn’t see it. But he tried playing the next shift and after the whistle pointed at his shoulder to the bench and left to the room.

The people I sit near, said the way he got hit after EN goal, was in the shoulder. But I didn’t see it, so I can’t speak to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad