London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The players rotated in on the 4th line have produced some positives, and a lot of frustration lol.. Some ya can quantify, some you can't.
This isn't a 4th line of a pair rooks in Anderson/Horvat centered by a 2nd yr Tierney ( Damm that was a deep squad )
I agree it's mostly been a net loss ( mostly mostly mostly I'll say lol) with the 4th line out there. From a pure #s POV.
From a NON numbers perspective. ( development of youngings getting PT (VanGorp, the other Boulton lol) intimidation....whatever non qualitative stuff......maybe or maybe not there has been a few positives to go with the obvious negatives) And they still won games at a rate only a couple teams did this year. Kept winning in spite of a weak stats 4th line. The Hunters have always adjusted, and this year its to a squad that ain't 12 deep up front.
Kids got needed acclimation to the O, PT, meathead ran around.......I can take both those over some of the bodies that have burned a card over the last 3/4 years easy as far as a roster spot.

And come POs #s will be what drives the decisions made most of the time. This team isn't 12 Fs deep you can roll. They will be more protected/sheltered than during reg. season and "someone" won't dress every game, but whoever dresses, the minutes/role will shrink and so will road usage. JMO.
Just hoping the top 9 Fs take care between games lol cause they won't be getting a ton of help in close games.

And agreed if the 4th line can't get in a quick forecheck on the attack the play dies, gets turned back the other way and defending is a big challenge.
The fourth line has a purpose on the team, it's messing with other team's minds, how well they do, according to Dale, he's enjoying putting them out there, that's how valuable they are to this team composition

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I am in agreement that SB may be a slight statistical liability, but that DOES NOT MATTER as he brings a level of toughness that not many other players in this league bring. He is one of the best hitters in the league, he has a PRESENCE

Noticed this on the TB - VGK game sheet.

VENUE
T-Mobile Arena
CITY
Las Vegas, NV
REFEREES
Chris Schlenker, Kyle Rehman
LINESMEN
Tommy Hughes, Julien Fournier
ATTENDANCE
Very cool!

Btw first place matters (imagine if Guelph could beat Kitchener?) we are getting ahead of ourselves now

Reactions: Fastpace

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I didn't realize that a coach's successes make him immune to any criticism. A more intelligent response would have been to address the points that I made. Did I err in noting that the 4th line with SB has proven to be a liability or in noting his plus minus? If you would like to make an argument defending the 4th line's positive contributions, I'm all ears. I have seen the 4th line get absolutely dominated by the opposition especially when the opposition coach can get his top line out there. One of my concerns is that the 4th line will ice the puck on the road in the playoffs, and the other team's top line hops over the boards leading to a goal. Maybe I just think too much.
Knight's traded for Chad Hefferman in 15/16 in order to fill a need. The same need being met by Sawyer Boulton. Even Kelly Thomson was only a +6 in 04/05 when every other player who played more than 50 games except Steve Ferry was over 20 (+16) Looking at one stat is never a good thing.

Boulton also isn't going to get the chance to play with scorers to improve his +/- nor is he going to play the PK which has padded the +/- stats of some players. When you look at his worst game -3 in Sudbury , Cowan, O'Reilly, & Bonk were all -3 . .McCue was -5

In fact, other than the Sudbury game , Boulton was only lower than -1 one other time, that was against the Soo. Nothing to be concerned about. Dale900 has two Memorial Cups ringing in his ears, I'm sure he will know how best to utilize him in the playoffs

Last edited:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Went to the Nats game was excited to see Arrowsmith..... till he got in a fight in the first lol 😅
PJ Fagan looks strong hits like a truck

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Went to the Nats game was excited to see Arrowsmith..... till he got in a fight in the first lol 😅
PJ Fagan looks strong hits like a truck
Yes Arrowsmith tangled with Spits prospect forward Nathame Gaymes,has played in 3 games with Windsor has 2 goals and 1 fight ,was a 15th round pick in 2022.
Both players Arrowsmith and Gaymes have bright futures imo

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Yes Arrowsmith tangled with Spits prospect forward Nathame Gaymes,has played in 3 games with Windsor has 2 goals and 1 fight ,was a 15th round pick in 2022.
Both players Arrowsmith and Gaymes have bright futures imo
Will Arrowsmith/Fagan be similar to O’Reilly/Nicholl?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Tomorrow's game will not be easy, hard to motivate against a bottom team you have just beat 5 days earlier in their home rink, but it's a must for London. This will put pressure on Saginaw, causing them to either motivating more or gripping their sticks a little harder, Knights can not let up any

Otto

Tomorrow's game will not be easy, hard to motivate against a bottom team you have just beat 5 days earlier in their home rink, but it's a must for London. This will put pressure on Saginaw, causing them to either motivating more or gripping their sticks a little harder, Knights can not let up any
First place overall is easy motivation. Win tomorrow and they are 1 point or a Saginaw loss away

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Friday game will be a cake-walk..Sunday game could be tuff.

Reactions: Knights77

Otto

It would be really great if the Knights could clinch before then. Then they can rest some guys on Sunday. It would be awesome for Guelph to slide into 5th and give Kitchener some fits the extra benefit of that would be an Erie/ Soo first round match up

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Regarding Sawyer Bolton.....allow me to play Devil's Advocate here. My argument is distilled down to simple mathematics.
Let's assume that SB gets engaged in a fight 2-5-10 for a total of 17 minutes, 5 of which have to be killed off.
It's almost a given, that ANY player who got the 5 for fighting is numerically more important to their team, than is Sawyer.
Trade-off with virtually ANY opponent favours the Knights.
Trade-off is significantly enhanced, if his opponent happened to be key player in their offense.

His reputation does proceed him, and his on-ice presence does influence how those opposing players adapt. They tend to "keep their heads up" and are more concerned with avoiding hits, than creating offensive plays.

Now, what other player in the league with similar scoring stats, brings as much to a game ???
His pal Stewart is OS has triple the points in 20 more games

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
First place overall is easy motivation. Win tomorrow and they are 1 point or a Saginaw loss away
Yes for you and I, it would be easy motivation, we've seen alot in our life time, but for teenagers, I don't know about that, they are very much still working on their mental ups&downs motivation chart 🧑‍🎓

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
You could be right, and you can be right, but I am thinking a little of the opposite here.

Tomorrow's game is not of the winner takes all scenario, unfortunately, often the nature of young minds do lose focus and goes wondering, quite often the end goal or objective has the tendency of taking a backseat in the heat of actions,

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Was on Kitchener site and they are bitching and moaning about Namesticov’s hit on Reid. When I watched the game on thought no call on the play was right. Go over there and watch video you think. Maybe we should post video of Sop cross check on Leonard that face planted him in boards from behind. No penalty called.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Was on Kitchener site and they are bitching and moaning about Namesticov’s hit on Reid. When I watched the game on thought no call on the play was right. Go over there and watch video you think. Maybe we should post video of Sop cross check on Leonard that face planted him in boards from behind. No penalty called.
Or we can just leave fans of other teams alone in their own section when it doesn't pertain to London.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Or we can just leave fans of other teams alone in their own section when it doesn't pertain to London.
Better to let sleeping dogs lay. I don’t reply normally on other teams sites but find them quite hilarious sometimes. Especially Kitchener’s because of crap like that. One week they blame the coach and in reality Guelph flat out played them from drop of puck. They don’t want to play them in first round and we better be ready Sunday because they are a determined bunch.

Reactions: Living Vicariously

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

Maybe this means Kasper Halttunen will be back in a Knights jersey next year. I would love him to be a top line player next year with Barkey and I love how he is forcing a shot or play less and less and trusting his teammates. He’s a decent passer too, but all we need to do is get him to back check harder.

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019

Maybe this means Kasper Halttunen will be back in a Knights jersey next year. I would love him to be a top line player next year with Barkey and I love how he is forcing a shot or play less and less and trusting his teammates. He’s a decent passer too, but all we need to do is get him to back check harder.
Halttunen games overall game has improved. He has been handling the puck more being aggressive and making plays toward the net. Another year in Junior is required but Sharks may think AHL.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I'd like that, unfortunately, we might as well enjoy his playing this spring because this may be the only year we will see him play in a Knights uniform, his playing has moved up to a much higher level. and London do not hold his rights for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille