London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No, he's definitely a forward. I could have done a much better job explaining what I meant. I'm so enamoured with our D corps (Bonk, Dickinson, George, Edward) heading into the next 2 seasons and I wanted Moore (the forward) to be part of that team. If Moore comes to London after 2 seasons in the US, he will add offence upfront but he won't have that D (except Dickinson), so Moore won't be joining a powerhouse London team, but one with a possibly green D.
Oh yes, I am with you now, Aside from Fagan and maybe Moore they won't have a big impact in this league until their second year. Moore need to beef up 15 to 20 lb to be really effective but Fagan oh man his record and size are telling us he's long ready to play OHL hockey (today!!)

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
PJ Fagan put up some good numbers this season.
In 30 Games he had 83 PIMs.
His Point are very good.

No Nonsense Guy!

2021-22
3.png
Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
GTHL U15------|
3.png
Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
U15 AAA3841216--|
2022-23
3.png
Don Mills Flyers U16 AAA
GTHL U1630Gms7G12A19Pts83PIMs-|
3.png
Toronto Patriots
OJHL10005-|

Reactions: nelli27

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mark on Alexei Medvedev
The Knights used their second-round pick to take talented Vaughan Kings goaltender Alexei Medvedev, a Russian who moved to Canada and has played minor hockey in Ontario for a a few years.
“He’s really athletic,” Hunter said. “We took (Zach) Bowen in the fourth (round) last year and we really need to protect that goaltending position. You know how important it is. Our goalie coach has a lot of good things to work with. He has really fast legs and is a real happy-go-lucky young man, which is nice.”

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It will be interesting to see which draftees show up for the introductions at this Fridays playoff game. If William Moore shows up then we will have witnessed the Mark Hunter magic show. Again.
That don't mean nothing. Controversial first round pick Michael Hage showed up in Kitchener last year for the two day scrimmage, still no show at training camp. He had told everyone he was going college route before the draft

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Noah Jenken - LD
London Knights
Played 4 Games with St Thomas Stars**2 Assists
26 Points in 30 Games with Elgin Middlesex

Selected 4th in Round # 4
Shoots: L
Height: 6.02.75
Weight: 172lbs (listed weight on Elite Prospects)
Hometown: Ilderton, ON
Last Team: Elgin-Middlesex Canucks U16 AAA

Reactions: rve24 and Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Reactions: rve24 and nelli27

honeydripper

Mar 15, 2022
It will be interesting to see which draftees show up for the introductions at this Fridays playoff game. If William Moore shows up then we will have witnessed the Mark Hunter magic show. Again.
You spelled money wrong, it’s the “Mark Hunter money show”.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great franchise in a well populated city with a 9000 seat arena filled with passionate fans every night. Your limitless support allow$ the team to grow in every way. The Hunters run it like the pros, that’s why kids want to go there. You’re the Yankees, it’s annoying (I’m jealous).
But let’s not disparage the hard working magicians of the world. Call it what it is, a good business model that allows you to make big swings because of the earned reputation.

Don’t like the Knights, never will, but I do respect them.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brendan Gerber, F, Waterloo Wolves
Rd 6 #104
5'8.5" 178lbs

Outside of Brady martin's obvious heroics, Gerber was one of the biggest reasons to watch Waterloo this year. He tied Martin with 56 points (in 10 more games, albeit) before recording another 25 in the playoffs, giving them 45 on the season. With the right teammates, Gerber can get the job done thanks to his quick release.
Report by Stephen Ellis

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What I am noticing as I look at all Knights new draftees thus far is how well each of them are performing in playoffs and OHL Cup games. The Knights are looking for playoff performers this year

What I am noticing as I look at all Knights new draftees thus far is how well each of them are performing in playoffs and OHL Cup games. The Knights are looking for playoff performers this year
I'm hoping that they viewed these players more than just the OHL Cup. Everytime I hear that a player had a good week at the OHL Cup I get Jacob Jammes vibes

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
On paper this could be the best OHL draft year in over 30 years. IF OHL teams does not win a Memorial Cup in the next 4-5yrs, they'll need to look for another sport. QMJHL are having a third weak year in a row and WHL will have a so so year this year and same last year but did have fairly good year two and four years ago. It's there for the taking for OHL teams (big "M"Cup) in the next three years

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
Brett Brochu..like a third Dman out there. Anyone notice Kitchener goalie handling the puck in game 5....worse than Bowen. I will miss this for sure. I like the way Hunter second shifts his 3rd and forth lines in games we have locked up (up 3 goals or more). Just some observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA