London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Agreed Max McCue is coming back. He needs to put up more than 40pts in a season before he’s ready for the pro level. If Matthew Maggio can come back as an overager, so can McCue.
Give me the choice to pick an oneway offensive player with 111 pts or pick a twoway defensive&offensive player that help perventing the 111 pts from happening and adds some of his own, my choice is with the twoway player hands down. Magio is still not ready for pros after completion of his overage year, McCue is ready, watch them both going without the puck and you'll have your answers

Reactions: zman77 and rve24

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Give me the choice to pick an oneway offensive player with 111 pts or pick a twoway defensive&offensive player that help perventing the 111 pts from happening and adds some of his own, my choice is with the twoway player hands down. Magio is still not ready for pros after completion of his overage year, McCue is ready, watch them both going without the puck and you'll have your answers
Interesting. Maggio is a solid player and ready for pro hockey IMO

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

He is seemingly a good kid but I'm thinking he settles in at a level below the AHL, wether in NA or Europe. JMO.
Not a knock on him personally.
Skating, playing in tight, board battles, general willingness to pay a price.....not huge strengths

Bit I'll also say I could see McC back and I'm in no way comparing the 2 players. Totally different althou I do think one is better suited for NA pro game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
McCue - Barkey - Haltunnen
Cowan - Moore - Gazizov
Crane - Sim - O’Reilly
Nichol - Julien - Humphrey

Edward - Bonk
George - Dickinson
Leonard - McKinnon

Team could be really deep on both ends.
Moore and Haltunnen are the big ‘IFS’. Have to move on from Haltunnen if he fails to commit before the Euro draft. Plenty of kids who will come over and play for us.
Don’t see McCue leaving for the ECHL.
I don't generally get into the lines speculation, but I doubt you see Julien on the 4th line next season. He will be expected to produce. He will be top 2 lines

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Solid!
You mean players with good numbers, along with another but very costly "solid" offensive player they weren't solid enough to keep them in the spring dance. There are reasons why that happened(solid reasons) and so many other players like McCue are still here extending on their spring moves, now this is solid!. IMHO Cheers!

Reactions: LDN and zman77

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I don't generally get into the lines speculation, but I doubt you see Julien on the 4th line next season. He will be expected to produce. He will be top 2 lines
And if OA Humphrey is on line 4, he may as well be traded. Not happening.

London should keep McCue and Humphrey. Upgrade the last overage spot via trade.

Reactions: Otto

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Hfboards has a lines fetish, lol. Not even close to a guarantee of either reporting, yet there’s Moore and the Finnish kid in the top 6.😂
Not knocking anyone, it’s just funny.
Discussion about next year is interesting though. Looking like Saginaw and Guelph will be the early favourites. Can’t write London off but early speculation might show 24/25 season as a championship pushing season. Hard to beat veteran laden teams when you prioritize age balance and being competitive every year.

Reactions: Fastpace and Otto

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Very older Spits fan was asked to comment on the team's 2nd suspension for playing the puck over the glass, on a play stoppage. His response:

BtW...Anyone want to hazzard a guess which movie this was from, and/or who the actor was who uttered this ???

Reactions: rve24

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I hope you guys are following Evan Bouchard still. He's made a remarkable transformation since getting Ekholm as his new defense partner. It's been amazing to watch his rapid improvement.
I saw his goal last night, bomb from the point, to get the Oilers back in the game. Yes, the addition of Ekholm has helped his game immensely. I know his London billet, and have met his mom, Paula. Good kid, nice family.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think we see something like:

Cowan-Julien-Barkey
Humphrey-Crane-Gazizov
Sim-McCue-Nicholl
O’Reilly-Paris-Arrowsmith

George-Dickinson
Edward-Bonk
Mackinnon-Leonard
Fagen

Bowen
Medvedev

If Hagens, Halttunnen, Moore and Minnetian come we are a sure fire contender

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sarnia Sting !!!
Arch rivals, oh ya for sure but to London fans and to some instant some of Sarnia fans as well experienced a momentary pride connection between the two teams of the London's 2005 team success. How can anyone remember the 2005 team without the names of Danny Fritcshe Drew Larman and Jeffery Whitfield all from the Sting and all have been instrumental part of the Team of the Century success. I always been a Knights fan, will always be, but also feel if not from these three players we fans might have had to wait until 2016 for London first "M Cup".

Go Knights Go for sure and for always, I dreaded a playoff meeting between the teams but should Sarnia overtake London in this series, for this one time only I for one would gladly support a Go Sarnia Go the rest of the way.. IMHO Cheers

Reactions: Flash0125

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I think we see something like:

Cowan-Julien-Barkey
Humphrey-Crane-Gazizov
Sim-McCue-Nicholl
O’Reilly-Paris-Arrowsmith

George-Dickinson
Edward-Bonk
Mackinnon-Leonard
Fagen

Bowen
Medvedev

If Hagens, Halttunnen, Moore and Minnetian come we are a sure fire contender
Julien and Humphrey will definitely be top six next year, I doubt very much will see McCue back and if we do it'd be a huge London bonus. Gazizov as well may not be back or if he does he could be traded, using a overage spot for an European would have to be an extremely special player and I don't know if he will be that player. London will be in excellent shape next season with room for improvement trough smart trades. Cheers

Last edited:

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Julien and Humphrey will definitely be top six next year, I doubt very much will see McCue back and if we do it'd be a huge London bonus. Gazizov as well may not be back or if he does he could be traded, using a overage spot for an European would have to be an extremely special player and I don't know if he will be that player. London will be in excellent shape next season with room for improvement trough smart trades. Cheers
Gazizov is an 04, so he wouldn't be OA till the following season.

Reactions: Fastpace

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Not gonna lie, I’d be open to trading Max McCue to Peterborough, so we can get assets for a higher end OA.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Oh my mistake, he'll be a Knight for sure then. Wow, now I am excited to see him as a nineteen year old
For sure! He had a good year this year and got better as the year went on. Almost a PPG player, so I would expect big things from him next year. Thinking a 70 point season on the low end and potentially 100 on the high end. A lot would have to go right for the 100, but I think he has the talent to do it.

Reactions: Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
For sure! He had a good year this year and got better as the year went on. Almost a PPG player, so I would expect big things from him next year. Thinking a 70 point season on the low end and potentially 100 on the high end. A lot would have to go right for the 100, but I think he has the talent to do it.
It will be interesting to see what we do at the Import Draft. No way Hunter would pass on the first round selection. Gazizov, Haltinen (= question mark)...Take a younger Euro in case Haltinen reports to London, then the younger Euro could perhaps join the team in the following year? Or, a Euro who can step in right away if they are doubtful Haltinen reports?

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If Haltunnen is drafted in the first round (very likely) then we get another selection and can keep his rights.

Likely bank on a sure fire commit that can slot in the top 6.

Either way next year empty spots are limited. I think Sim has a place here but I can’t see him in the top 6, he just hasn’t demonstrated that level of scoring touch. I could see the knights making a slash for Owen Beck at the deadline and pushing some chips in.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Looking at getting tickets in Sarnia, in person only starting tomorrow. Online available Wednesday. What a Mickey Mouse way of doing things.

So any1 with mobility or transportation limitations is SOL? ( it's 2 trips to the the arena instead of one which definitely be an issue for some )
Sad for people in Sarnis and area that may have wanted to try to attend.
Not to mention any1 working during the day Tuesday.
Not very inclusive. JMO.

Reactions: rangersblues

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
It will be interesting to see what we do at the Import Draft. No way Hunter would pass on the first round selection. Gazizov, Haltinen (= question mark)...Take a younger Euro in case Haltinen reports to London, then the younger Euro could perhaps join the team in the following year? Or, a Euro who can step in right away if they are doubtful Haltinen reports?
How many Euros can you have in the system at a time? Is it 3? Then of course only 2 on the final roster.

So yeah, with the Halttunen question mark. It is tough to say. If they think he is coming, then maybe you take more a risky pick and take a high end talent with low possibility of coming. If they dont think he is coming, a younger player with a high chance of coming, I think makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad