London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I found this in the USNTDP parent responses, it tells of player's choice to stay or leave his commitment

Like several other signed USNTDP players, my son was a featured player in the OHL Priority Selection Guide and was drafted by a major junior team. The opportunity to pursue a major junior hockey career was offered, but he elected to honor his signed commitment to the USNTDP

William Moore can play for London Knights next season if he choose to

Reactions: zman77

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
He gets drafted in June.
If he ever reports, it would probably be for the 24-25 season. Likely to stay in Finland next year unless an NHL team demands, I mean, strongly suggests London for his development.

Only other option is a loan after the next WJC for stretch run of 23-24 due to his current Finnish contract.

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
I found this in the USNTDP parent responses, it tells of player's choice to stay or leave his commitment

Like several other signed USNTDP players, my son was a featured player in the OHL Priority Selection Guide and was drafted by a major junior team. The opportunity to pursue a major junior hockey career was offered, but he elected to honor his signed commitment to the USNTDP

William Moore can play for London Knights next season if he choose to
This article was written in 2003 back when the NTDP played NAHL instead of USHL tbf

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
If he ever reports, it would probably be for the 24-25 season. Likely to stay in Finland next year unless an NHL team demands, I mean, strongly suggests London for his development.

Only other option is a loan after the next WJC for stretch run of 23-24 due to his current Finnish contract.
Not really true at all.

Example: Filip Mesar came over as soon as he was drafted by the NHL team. For a lot of teams, it’s getting them over here to learn a North American game and like I said, Kasper Haltunnen is interested in coming over to North America eventually.

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Not really true at all.

Example: Filip Mesar came over as soon as he was drafted by the NHL team. For a lot of teams, it’s getting them over here to learn a North American game and like I said, Kasper Haltunnen is interested in coming over to North America eventually.
Mesar didn’t have a signed European contract. KH is under HIFK contract next year with an option for 24-25. Even if he signs an ELC this summer, it’ll have an European assignment clause.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He writes for The Hockey News

Also, Moore is listed on next season's roster
2023-24 U.S. National Under-17 Team Announced
So !!!
He signed a commitment of course they will put his name on their future roster, it means nothing, what are they going to do to him spank him if he doesn't show up. He's a kid what are they going to do to him, if he's a no show they will barr him from playing in the USNTDP organisation for good and that's it. The signed commitment is on a league rule form, it is not a legal document binding by US Law.

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Mesar didn’t have a signed European contract. KH is under HIFK contract next year with an option for 24-25. Even if he signs an ELC this summer, it’ll have an European assignment clause.

I feel if Kasper Haltunnen wants to come to North America, he can make that happen…

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
So !!!
He signed a commitment of course they will put his name on their future roster, it means nothing, what are they going to do to him spank him if he doesn't show up. He's a kid what are they going to do to him, if he's a no show they will barr him from playing in the USNTDP organisation for good and that's it. The signed commitment is on a league rule form, it is not a legal document binding by US Law.
its a 50k exit fee but the Hunters will pay that

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Kasper Halttunen​

Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jun 7 2005 -- Helsinki, Finland [17 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 207 [191 cm/94 kg]
Drafted 2022, 1 #41 overall by London Knights in the CHL Import Draft

Top Prospect eligible for the
2023 NHL Entry Draft
Ranked #30 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #71 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #26 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #36 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #29 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #30 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #32 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #11 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #19 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #37 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #30 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #62 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
So stab at next year;

Cowan Barkey Halttunen (trade)
Gazizov Humphrey. Julien
McCue Sim. Crane
Paris. Nichol. O’Rielly
Arrowsmith

Dickinson. George
Bonk. Edward
Mackinnon/Federkow. Leonard
Fagan

Bowen
Medvedev/Wilmore

It will be very competitive for those final spots and we will have to trade some good prospects away for them to get playing time, this is not the year for Moore to come 2024/25 is better

Also possible Aram Mennitian (D) comes after the draft and we get the typical free agent gem the Mark finds in the nether regions of the USHL

Last edited:
, this is not the year for Moore to come 2024/25 is better
I disagree. Next season is the perfect annointment for the future of the franchise. Bring him in slow and let him adapt through 1 cycle of the league. By trade deadline he'll be contributing if not sooner. This kid put up numbers playing a year up most of his minor hockey career. He's ready to shine

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
So stab at next year;

Cowan Barkey Halttunen (trade)
Gazizov Humphrey. Julien
McCue Sim. Crane
Paris. Nichol. O’Rielly
Arrowsmith

Dickinson. George
Bonk. Edward
Mackinnon/Federkow. Leonard
Fagan

Bowen
Medvedev/Wilmore

It will be very competitive for those final spots and we will have to trade some good prospects away for them to get playing time, this is not the year for Moore to come 2024/25 is better

Also possible Aram Mennitian (D) comes after the draft and we get the typical free agent gem the Mark finds in the nether regions of the USHL

Personally, I can't see Federkow or Paris remaining with the team.

Humphrey, McCue and Mackinnon would be the logical overagers leaving no room for Federkow, and I think the ship has sailed on Paris. He had plenty of opportunity this year and failed to show much promise. I think he'll be made obsolete by several of the rookies looking to make their mark.

Reactions: Blairwitch58

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Agreed on Federkow/McKinnon Knightwatch, to me they are close to interchangeable but McCue and Humphrey are indispensable.

I would like to see if Paris improves over the off season, but Arrowsmith seems to have the man-like size and speed to step into the lineup from the youtube footage I saw.

I don’t think it’s impossible that Winterton is returned. He has been solid but has not totally dominated due to the injury breaks.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I disagree. Next season is the perfect annointment for the future of the franchise. Bring him in slow and let him adapt through 1 cycle of the league. By trade deadline he'll be contributing if not sooner. This kid put up numbers playing a year up most of his minor hockey career. He's ready to shine
Het Phlyer. Good to see you back. Hope that your surgery went well, and you are almost good as new.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Personally, I can't see Federkow or Paris remaining with the team.

Humphrey, McCue and Mackinnon would be the logical overagers leaving no room for Federkow, and I think the ship has sailed on Paris. He had plenty of opportunity this year and failed to show much promise. I think he'll be made obsolete by several of the rookies looking to make their mark.
McCue won't be back, he will be moving on he's ready for pro at some level, it'd be waste of his development time to stay in junior

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
McCue - Barkey - Haltunnen
Cowan - Moore - Gazizov
Crane - Sim - O’Reilly
Nichol - Julien - Humphrey

Edward - Bonk
George - Dickinson
Leonard - McKinnon

Team could be really deep on both ends.
Moore and Haltunnen are the big ‘IFS’. Have to move on from Haltunnen if he fails to commit before the Euro draft. Plenty of kids who will come over and play for us.
Don’t see McCue leaving for the ECHL.

Reactions: LDN and zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: