London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The Prospects board is popping off with news of Brady Tkachuk possibly joining London? Any truth to this?

I'm not sure but the rumour was started by the chief scout of NA Central Scouting (Mark Seidel)...maybe it has legs.

Here's another tweet he made:

DT: It'll be interesting to see which teams decide to go all in as we get to the OHL Trade Deadline. I’m assuming SSM, Sarnia, Mississauga, Owen Sound, London(yes London…add Tkachuk & look at their core) & Peterborough but each have holes to fill so the deadline should be fun!

So he seems to think Tkachuk would be joining London this year rather than next.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I'm not sure but the rumour was started by the chief scout of NA Central Scouting (Mark Seidel)...maybe it has legs.

DT: It'll be interesting to see which teams decide to go all in as we get to the OHL Trade Deadline. I’m assuming SSM, Sarnia, Mississauga, Owen Sound, London(yes London…add Tkachuk & look at their core) & Peterborough but each have holes to fill so the deadline should be fun!

So he seems to think Tkachuk would be joining London this year rather than next.

I do hope he is right that would be HUUUGGEEE

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006

That would be a paradigm shift! Still would need a D man but he should sort out the inconsistency between Pu and Jones. Second line of Thomas Formenton and Miletic.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Interesting,

I know London started off real slow but it looks like they're picking up steam with Formenton and Thomas returning to the line-up. A forward core that already includes Pu and Jones with Tkachuk added to it would be quite lethal, no? Would it be best in OHL?

Unrelated - do you guys think Mete will be coming back to London after the WJHC break?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Interesting,

I know London started off real slow but it looks like they're picking up steam with Formenton and Thomas returning to the line-up. A forward core that already includes Pu and Jones with Tkachuk added to it would be quite lethal, no? Would it be best in OHL?

Unrelated - do you guys think Mete will be coming back to London after the WJHC break?

Best top 6? Yeah. Best forward core...maybe. The bottom six is kind of non-existent right now.

I personally think Mete is going to be back when the Canadiens call up Jerabek but I don't think that opinion is shared by most here.

Reactions: TheCoach

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
London is close to being a power house in the West. If Tkachuk comes and Mete well the team has a lot of leverage going into the deadline. Maybe a deal with Sudbury who must sell some of their vets to be in a better position next season in the East. Sokolov, OGrady, Drake Pilon, Darien Pilon for Foudy, Tymkin, Golden and 2 2nd rounders. It would be very exciting to see what the Pilon brothers would bring to team that they wouldn't need to do nothing other than be pests, hit, fight and forecheck. Sokolov would be a crazy weapon on top of a dangerous group. OGrady will give you an honest hard working defensive game. London wins the league in a deal like this. Sudbury would benefit with a younger Golden who can move the puck and be a leader next season. Tymkin will be our grit, and Foudy we hope to find his game that made him a first rounder and adds into our young core. The seconds help us to rebuild or deal picks for next season. Thought???

WJ

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
London is close to being a power house in the West. If Tkachuk comes and Mete well the team has a lot of leverage going into the deadline. Maybe a deal with Sudbury who must sell some of their vets to be in a better position next season in the East. Sokolov, OGrady, Drake Pilon, Darien Pilon for Foudy, Tymkin, Golden and 2 2nd rounders. It would be very exciting to see what the Pilon brothers would bring to team that they wouldn't need to do nothing other than be pests, hit, fight and forecheck. Sokolov would be a crazy weapon on top of a dangerous group. OGrady will give you an honest hard working defensive game. London wins the league in a deal like this. Sudbury would benefit with a younger Golden who can move the puck and be a leader next season. Tymkin will be our grit, and Foudy we hope to find his game that made him a first rounder and adds into our young core. The seconds help us to rebuild or deal picks for next season. Thought???

WJ

Yeah I'd do it.

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

WJ
Id do this deal

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Best top 6? Yeah. Best forward core...maybe. The bottom six is kind of non-existent right now.

I personally think Mete is going to be back when the Canadiens call up Jerabek but I don't think that opinion is shared by most here.
The Habs have Schlemko coming back soon as well.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The Habs have Schlemko coming back soon as well.

I watched the 2nd period of Leafs-Habs (cause the Sabres are too pathetic at this point) and Mete was struggling to stay in position and made a couple of bad plays with the puck.

The writing is on the wall for him to come down unless the GM is an absolute clown.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
It looks like the Leafs are playing the Habs AHL team and not the NHL one the way the second and third periods have gone. 6-0 is pretty dominant. :popcorn:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Lets say mete comes back do we add? if so who
Wonder if there is any interest is adding brown and day from windsor if they sell

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Lets say mete comes back do we add? if so who
Wonder if there is any interest is adding brown and day from windsor if they sell

I don't mind them they'd be good addition but have you checked around how steep Windsor prices would be for them. Their cupboards are bare they want dividences back and lots of it. What do you do, go all out on a spending spree or do you smartly shop around ???

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013

No doubt Tkachuk makes London an instant contender,but, I'll believe it when I see it(see Mete)

Reactions: LDN

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I was impressed by Carbonara in his first Ice dog game who. Else can we have. Some London fans have a hard time let go see no one coming back from the NHl

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Adding Tkachuk and Mete IMO makes London the team to beat. Already 8-2-1 in last 10, Pu and Thomas are killing it. Adding a second outstanding alongside Bouchard and another top 6 forward is a massive boost to any team, and in the case of the Knights, adds to their bottom 6 depth by bumping someone down the lineup that is likely playing higher than they're comfortable with.

Would make for an exciting last half of the season.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Adding Tkachuk and Mete IMO makes London the team to beat. Already 8-2-1 in last 10, Pu and Thomas are killing it. Adding a second outstanding alongside Bouchard and another top 6 forward is a massive boost to any team, and in the case of the Knights, adds to their bottom 6 depth by bumping someone down the lineup that is likely playing higher than they're comfortable with.

Would make for an exciting last half of the season.
There not coming back

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Let's get REAL here. Any thought of Victor Mete being returned to the Knights is pie in the sky. It's just not going to happen. Name any Knights grads who were taken prematurely, then returned ? Gagner, Kane, Nash, ? Sorry, but once gone, they almost ALWAYS stay gone. I know the very odd time it has happened with other teams, but invariably, Knights grads do tend to stick with their NHL clubs.

Best to accept the situation as it is, and if that exceptional event does happen, everyone can jump for joy and tell me how very wrong I was. Until then, best to work with what players ARE on the current roster, and make adjustments if and when those circumstances change.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Let's get REAL here. Any thought of Victor Mete being returned to the Knights is pie in the sky. It's just not going to happen. Name any Knights grads who were taken prematurely, then returned ? Gagner, Kane, Nash, ? Sorry, but once gone, they almost ALWAYS stay gone. I know the very odd time it has happened with other teams, but invariably, Knights grads do tend to stick with their NHL clubs.

Best to accept the situation as it is, and if that exceptional event does happen, everyone can jump for joy and tell me how very wrong I was. Until then, best to work with what players ARE on the current roster, and make adjustments if and when those circumstances change.

I don't know why it matters that Knights players specifically haven't been returned in the past. It's happened in the recent past like you said - Sprong, Draisaitl to name a couple. Also, the other guys truly looked like they belonged up there. For example, Bratt is a key contributor up there and there's absolutely no chance he comes down. I don't think Mete looks like he belongs right now. Plus, the Canadiens are definitely going to call up Jerabek from the AHL and David Schlemko is coming back from injury.

The writing is on the wall here. It wouldn't be some exceptional event if it happened - at least, I personally wouldn't be shocked one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad