London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Here's hoping last night they were showcasing #42 for trade and something is imminent. I'd be happy with a conditional 15th in return

what's wrong with Tymkin?
You just mentioned two points that I was going to include in my post from last night but forgot. Golden's play has been disappointing, and I'd like to see him moved too. I know that his family is quite particular about his education, and won't like him being dealt anywhere. He signed with the Knights because he would have an opportunity to study at Western. Maybe a move to Kingston, Queen's is an excellent school???
And, I don't know why Tymkin has missed the last two games. It's shameful that Cottam is in the lineup.

Reactions: aresknights

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How many times last night our D turned back for a setup to get over run by pressure, if we're going to do that kind I suggest we don't lay back ! We looked, no we were absolutely horrible in our end, set play or not got to move and get the hec out of there !!!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm almost afraid to ask WTF this has to do with my wish of potentially trading Jacob Golden
I resisted the urge to quote n post lol.

Golden has never impressed me as a player.

Wasnt high on Foudy in MM or 1st year, but was hoping I was wrong. Juat doesnt do alot of little things right and has little compete. The more I see the less I like.
Get Rowe/DuHart some PT and see what we got.
Nelli is right Cottham brings very little.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It's almost feel like our third and courth lines are pouting for more ice time and it's reflecting in their plays !

Somehow they need to open up their machines at everytimes and seconds on ice to show the coaching staffs they deserve that extra ice !!! How are they going to go tbrough this, it's a big challenge for the team right now !!!

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
So, the biggest team issue is lack of production from the 3rd & 4th lines. The coaches can't do this for them. All they can do is put them through the practice drills, and encourage those players to put into practice, what they've been working on. I know that Dale has always been known to tinker with the lines.....even when it appears that some are clicking and producing. So, why not give some of the more promising 3rd liners a shift or 2 with the top 2 lines so that they have a better notion of execution of the game plan ?

It doesn't have to be permanent, or even sustained, but more of an attempt toward elevating the play of those players, so that they can and do provide more of what is expected of them. So far, nothing has kick-started those lines, and if the real issue is a lack of hockey smarts or raw talent, then this will expose those who are worth keeping, and those who'se destiny is the trade bait pile.

The " team leaders"....the guys wearing the letters also have a role in this too. If they are really leaders, they have to push, prod, or encourage those underperforming players, and help them toward fulfilling their assignments. They know their teamates, and which ones have what it takes, and which ones aren't really cut out to play at this level.

This season, for whatever reason, seems to be one where everything doesn't seem to be working in unison, as it usually does. Half the team is carrying the rest, and those in the bottom 2 lines are not stepping up or elevating their play.

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Top 6 this year is better than last year. Goaltending is very good... bottom six is terrible and our d are way to green (they are talented and improving (parrot and regula)) but need a miracle to get to the top with the current roster.

A few trades may make us contenders this year especially if Mete comes back. But it's such a strange problem this year to have such talent and then such a drop off. In years past we had talented youngsters to support the top guys this year we don't.

Last Formenton and Thomas pushed their way into a talented to 6 as NHL draft eligibles. The year before they support checking line roles a 16 year olds and did all the little things well.
The year before that Pu and Jones provided support to Marer and Co. And Marner supported Domi. And Domi and Horvat supported Nemestnikov etc.

This year it's Foudy, Rowe, Moskal, Tymkin, Nelson, Cottom, Whitaker... and I really only see promise from Nelson.... I doubt the others get a look come draft day although some still have a year to show more or. Rowe. But no steals of the draft or electrifying play from any. If the 2018 draft is as week as the last few for forwards then the knights will struggle. Defensively things look really good after this year.

Sorry for the rant. We have some great players that give everything and are worth the price of admission we are just lacking the extra bit of depth we normally have in spades.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So, the biggest team issue is lack of production from the 3rd & 4th lines. The coaches can't do this for them. All they can do is put them through the practice drills, and encourage those players to put into practice, what they've been working on. I know that Dale has always been known to tinker with the lines.....even when it appears that some are clicking and producing. So, why not give some of the more promising 3rd liners a shift or 2 with the top 2 lines so that they have a better notion of execution of the game plan ?

It doesn't have to be permanent, or even sustained, but more of an attempt toward elevating the play of those players, so that they can and do provide more of what is expected of them. So far, nothing has kick-started those lines, and if the real issue is a lack of hockey smarts or raw talent, then this will expose those who are worth keeping, and those who'se destiny is the trade bait pile.

The " team leaders"....the guys wearing the letters also have a role in this too. If they are really leaders, they have to push, prod, or encourage those underperforming players, and help them toward fulfilling their assignments. They know their teamates, and which ones have what it takes, and which ones aren't really cut out to play at this level.

This season, for whatever reason, seems to be one where everything doesn't seem to be working in unison, as it usually does. Half the team is carrying the rest, and those in the bottom 2 lines are not stepping up or elevating their play.

I agree with your post except to say Dale did try to bring up some of those third and fourth line players in turns on the first two lines a few times with little results. I commented on his line juggling especially after that shutout loss in Guelph, it didn't work, it actually made it worst. Only half the team is jelling right now. The leaders most certainly have something to do with some players performance but they can not hold their sticks for them, the struggling bunch are the ones that needs to find a way to up their game !!!

If they don't have it in them the Knights season will be a short one ! IMHO

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The lack of a bottom 6 is a direct result of the quality of our 2016 draft, to state the obvious.

Our drafting has to be better.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The lack of a bottom 6 is a direct result of the quality of our 2016 draft, to state the obvious.

Our drafting has to be better.
That is a result of finishing so high in the standings for a few years - sooner or later that will catch up with a team - considering your team has picked almost last in every round for the last few years I think you have drafted well.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
I would like to see a couple of bigger more impact full players on the 3/4th lines.Currently they all look the same ,non -descript mid level jr B's.
Also a gritty crease clearer on D,maybe Middleton[for Golden] from Saginaw.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I would like to see a couple of bigger more impact full players on the 3/4th lines.Currently they all look the same ,non -descript mid level jr B's.

I also like Middleton, he has deceiving speed for a big player, I also like Cam Dineen of North Bay on defense. Dmitry Sokolov of Sudbury is my pick for upfront help, unless Windsor and Erie sells I don't know what else is available out there !!!

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I pretty much feel the only way for the Knights to be true contenders is to get Mete and Crawley back. Then they cut Collins loose, who’s a steady Eddie type but not a game changer like Crawley can be. Go with a top 4 of Mete/Bouchard and Crawley/Regula. Fill out the rest of the D with a combo of Coome, Perrott and Golden.
Then they need to add a RW that can play in the top 6. Sokolov was previously mentioned, I think he’s a dynamic goal scorer who fit well with Thomas and Formenton. Add another forward who could provide some offense with Rollo on the 3rd line.
Not that I consider it likely, just what would be needed to make them a contender.

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I pretty much feel the only way for the Knights to be true contenders is to get Mete and Crawley back. Then they cut Collins loose, who’s a steady Eddie type but not a game changer like Crawley can be. Go with a top 4 of Mete/Bouchard and Crawley/Regula. Fill out the rest of the D with a combo of Coome, Perrott and Golden.
Then they need to add a RW that can play in the top 6. Sokolov was previously mentioned, I think he’s a dynamic goal scorer who fit well with Thomas and Formenton. Add another forward who could provide some offense with Rollo on the 3rd line.
Not that I consider it likely, just what would be needed to make them a contender.

I'd keep Collins and cut Rollo without hesitation, never have too many Ds for a big push. Somehow they'll need to fill second and third line center spots after letting Rollo beside Sokolov addition !

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
That is a result of finishing so high in the standings for a few years - sooner or later that will catch up with a team - considering your team has picked almost last in every round for the last few years I think you have drafted well.

They were doing well until 2016.

Not getting an impact player in the first 2 rounds hurts a lot.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Yup. If the bottom 6 isn't going to score let's at least trade for some toughness down there. Load up the top six and create two energy lines that can wear the other team down.

Hey, we won in 2015-16 without much of a bottom 6..

I also like the idea of getting Sokolov.

Reactions: TheCoach

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yup. If the bottom 6 isn't going to score let's at least trade for some toughness down there. Load up the top six and create two energy lines that can wear the other team down.

Hey, we won in 2015-16 without much of a bottom 6..

I also like the idea of getting Sokolov.
With all the Sokolov talk I was wondering what you guys think the Knights would or could offer in return?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With all the Sokolov talk I was wondering what you guys think the Knights would or could offer in return?

Moskal, Whittakers(f) and 2 seconds and 7th rd(cond.) - Take one round down for each playoffs series reached, for a second rounder possibility !

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
As good as Bouchard is he is a turnover machine. Three or 4 times last night and we were lucky it only cost us a goal. Regula is playing strong and Collins is steady but no Adam Graves. This team will sink or swim with how much Fallowfield,Golden, Perrott and Coobe grow on the fly. I think it is time to play Rowe and Duhart and pare some of the depth tweener types and trade for a step up third line guy. Free agent signing or whatever but 3 and 4th lines need a couple players to lead the pups. Put Rollo at centre with Foudy and Tymkin, Put Cliff , Jones and Nelson together and Thomas, Militec and Formenton. Moskal,Duhart and Rowe on 4th line unless you can add. Play Kooy and give the kid a decent chance to elevate his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad