London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OHLInsiders(.com)‏ @OHLinsiders 9m9 minutes ago
#BREAKING Niagara IceDogs acquire OA Adrian Carbonara from the London Knights in exchange for a 4th RND Pick. #OHL

We all suspected something was cooking, we could smell it I just wish it was something else cooking, I liked Carbonara and I wish him the very best. Rollo it's on you now the puck's in your court, got to skate with it and make it your worth !!!

"Oh oh ! I overlooked the source of where it's coming from, fake rumors as usuals !"

Last edited:

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
KNIGHTS AND ICEDOGS COMPLETE TRADE – London Knights

KNIGHTS AND ICEDOGS COMPLETE TRADE
Carbonara_AB44225-Trade-1024x819.jpg

The London Knights have announced the team has traded overage forward, Adrian Carbonara, to the Niagara IceDogs for a draft pick.
“We would like to thank Adrian for his time here in London,” said Knights General Manager, Rob Simpson. “Adrian will be able to bring his veteran presence to a young IceDogs team and we are excited to be able to give him this opportunity.”
To London
  • Niagara’s 4th Round Pick in 2020 OHL Priority Selection
To Niagara
  • Adrian Carbonara
Adrian Carbonara
Right Wing
Born: March 12, 1997 – Maple, ON
Height – 6.02 Weight – 204lbs
SeasonTeamLeagueGPGAPTS +/-PIM
2017-18London KnightsOHL11325-728
2016-17London KnightsOHL43817251860
2016-17Barrie ColtsOHL20448037
2015-16Barrie ColtsOHL519312680
2014-15Barrie ColtsOHL39235-340
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I thought Rolo should have been the one but whatever. One of them had to go.

I will admit I was wrong about JR he is way better than his numbers last year let on. Still wasn't our weakness. Defence sucks. If we get Mete back we have a chance.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Carbs undoing was, even after four years in this league, he still couldn't stop himself from taking bad penalties. At least Rollo doesn't have that problem, plus he can kill them.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I thought Rolo should have been the one but whatever. One of them had to go.

I will admit I was wrong about JR he is way better than his numbers last year let on. Still wasn't our weakness. Defence sucks. If we get Mete back we have a chance.

That trade was a good one in my opinion, Carbonara played 11 games and had 3 goals and 2 Assists and was a -7 and almost single handedly cost the Knights 2 game where Rollo has also played 11 Games for the Knights with 1 Goal and 3 assists and is a +7 and doesnt take the stupid penalties. I dont think Rollo gets enough credit, he's a solid player in my opinion.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Who said there was no way you get a 3rd rounder for him? Knights get a 4th for him. Hmmmmmmmmm wonder if anything will be said.

A 4th seems to be the going rate for 'subprime' OAs this year (Lajeunesse/Rollo/McCool/Kohn/Blaisdell) & he was likely only going to get tougher to move.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If our third and fourth lines ever start producing we would see a complete different Knights team, it would also take some pressure off the first two lines our defense and goalie. I hope they all produce 1 point each tonight.

I predict 8-2 Knights !!!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I could see Rollo giving way for another OA defenseman.

They're much cheaper to acquire usually.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Hate to say it...but Carbonara's undoing had little to do with what he was/wasn't doing ON the ice

Some of the penalties were poor timing, but yeah it wasnt the deciding factor by any means.
It's been hinted at since Collins n Rollo showed up, to varying degrees of belief ;)

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Raaymakers the only reason we're up right now

I suppose, but I find it real sad that they absolutely refuse to play Kooy.
This team is in real trouble if they lose 2-3 players for the World Juniors. There is just no offense from the bottom 6.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Well that wasn't a good game.

Still 8-2-1 since Raaymakers/Formenton and they continue to climb the standings but the defence looked overwhelmed a bit tonight

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
4-3 overtime win over Saginaw, we'll take it but it wasn't pretty in our end, "Thanks to the Raazor for this win !"

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I suppose, but I find it real sad that they absolutely refuse to play Kooy.
Its not sad, its competitive hockey. Theres a reason for it.

Add that to the fact DH has no issue riding the #1 when its by far the best option (Molnar, Houser ect.... All played huge # of games in the past)

Hopefully it works out n Kooy starts getting more game action. And Raay gets the odd day off.... But for now with LK as hot as almost any1 the last 10+ games, results wise, they will ride Raay and work with Kooy.

Reactions: RWML67

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Post-game thoughts...
Thus far, Raaymakers has exceeded my expectations, he's been playing really well, but Gang Green is right...you have to wonder when Kooy is going to get a start.
And as a few posters have pointed out correctly, we really only have 2 scoring lines. Lines 3 and 4 don't generate much offence, and Cottam and Moscal in particular do absolutely nothing. I'd rather see Lucas Rowe inserted into the lineup in place of Cottam.
For whatever reason, Saginaw has proven to be quite the challenge this season. If Coskey is not an OA (I didn't check) he sure would look good in a Knights' uniform.
Rollo was a pest killing penalties...that's the Rollo I remember from Peterborough who played well against the Knights last season.
Pu is hilarious; he's quite the clown. He made the guy beside me laugh so hard, he started crying. What did Pu do? After a whistle in the Saginaw zone, there was your usual pushing and shoving, and Davis [I think] was getting heated, and Pu looked at him, grit his teeth and flexed his muscles. It was the combination of this look on his face and his pose that made it quite funny...oh, never mind, you had to be there.
Bouchard has developed quite the knack for joining the rush, and he's been getting quite a few scoring chances. He could have had a few goals tonight. He had a bad giveaway that led to a goal but other than that one gaffe, he was solid. Perrott also turned the puck over in his own zone, and didn't see much ice after that.
Anyone notice Thomas played a little defence tonight on the PK? For a short time, the Knights went with 3 forwards and 1 d-man, and Thomas was paired with Bouchard.
We almost saw a rare 4 on 4 in OT tonight. If Miletic did not score on the 4 on 3 OT PP, Middleton, the penalized Saginaw player, would have returned for the 4 on 4.
No "Friday night officiating" tonight...Thomas gets sent off on a weak call in OT giving Saginaw a great opportunity to end the game in the extra frame. What's up with that? Wouldn't the 'biased' officiating on a Friday night at the Bud not have called a penalty on Thomas? That's right "Friday night officiating" is a myth...get over it. In any case, while shorthanded, Miletic goes in on a breakaway and Middleton gets a stick up around his arm. I thought Miletic was going to be awarded a penalty shot in OT, but the replay showed that he didn't have that much separation from Middleton. A moot point since he scored the winner on the ensuing PP.
London and Mississauga--the two early season "cellar dwellers" are now moving up in the standings.

Hedon rating: 8/10

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Post-game thoughts...
Thus far, Raaymakers has exceeded my expectations, he's been playing really well, but Gang Green is right...you have to wonder when Kooy is going to get a start.
And as a few posters have pointed out correctly, we really only have 2 scoring lines. Lines 3 and 4 don't generate much offence, and Cottam and Moscal in particular do absolutely nothing. I'd rather see Lucas Rowe inserted into the lineup in place of Cottam.
For whatever reason, Saginaw has proven to be quite the challenge this season. If Coskey is not an OA (I didn't check) he sure would look good in a Knights' uniform.
Rollo was a pest killing penalties...that's the Rollo I remember from Peterborough who played well against the Knights last season.
Pu is hilarious; he's quite the clown. He made the guy beside me laugh so hard, he started crying. What did Pu do? After a whistle in the Saginaw zone, there was your usual pushing and shoving, and Davis [I think] was getting heated, and Pu looked at him, grit his teeth and flexed his muscles. It was the combination of this look on his face and his pose that made it quite funny...oh, never mind, you had to be there.
Bouchard has developed quite the knack for joining the rush, and he's been getting quite a few scoring chances. He could have had a few goals tonight. He had a bad giveaway that led to a goal but other than that one gaffe, he was solid. Perrott also turned the puck over in his own zone, and didn't see much ice after that.
Anyone notice Thomas played a little defence tonight on the PK? For a short time, the Knights went with 3 forwards and 1 d-man, and Thomas was paired with Bouchard.
We almost saw a rare 4 on 4 in OT tonight. If Miletic did not score on the 4 on 3 OT PP, Middleton, the penalized Saginaw player, would have returned for the 4 on 4.
No "Friday night officiating" tonight...Thomas gets sent off on a weak call in OT giving Saginaw a great opportunity to end the game in the extra frame. What's up with that? Wouldn't the 'biased' officiating on a Friday night at the Bud not have called a penalty on Thomas? That's right "Friday night officiating" is a myth...get over it. In any case, while shorthanded, Miletic goes in on a breakaway and Middleton gets a stick up around his arm. I thought Miletic was going to be awarded a penalty shot in OT, but the replay showed that he didn't have that much separation from Middleton. A moot point since he scored the winner on the ensuing PP.
London and Mississauga--the two early season "cellar dwellers" are now moving up in the standings.

Hedon rating: 8/10

Other then all that, you had a fun night, right !

- I was going to write something but you took up all the words !

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Here's hoping last night they were showcasing #42 for trade and something is imminent. I'd be happy with a conditional 15th in return

what's wrong with Tymkin?
Mete played 14 minutes Thur night ; minute of PP; unless Habs loan him to World Juniors, don't see him returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad