London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
PuckTalk1122 mentioned Parsons. I hope he meant the other Tyler. I would give my right arm and left nut to have TP back with Raaymakers and that is no slight against Jordan Kooy. He has the playoff experience and a Memorial Cup ring where nobody else would have had it if it were not for him. Couple that with a World Junior Gold. Brady and Victor are interesting thoughts but I think they are a pipe dream. IF the Montreal GM Beregivin sends him back he would be admitting he made another of his many mistakes. Sad time to be a Habs fan. They need to hire a Mark Hunter to reconstruct their franchise. Rollo seems to have played two really awesome back to back games since the pressure is off with the Carbs trade.

For any of these players to come back and wear the unniform is out of the Knights control, it'd be awsome but at this time it's trying to take energy away from this team now! They are wonderful wishes and dreams but unless they walk through the BUD's doors it will never become true in this Real World of the House of Green !!!

On an another note ; Mississauga scored the winning goal 13 seconds after Carbonara's 5mi major for a check to the head !!! That was the issue the Knights had trouble with Carbonara !

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
For any of these players to come back and wear the unniform is out of the Knights control, it'd be awsome but at this time it's trying to take energy away from this team now! They are wonderful wishes and dreams but unless they walk through the BUD's doors it will never become true in this Real World of the House of Green !!!

On an another note ; Mississauga scored the winning goal 13 seconds after Carbonara's 5mi major for a check to the head !!! That was the issue the Knights had trouble with Carbonara !

What does the bolded mean

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
It took Carbonara less than 1 game to get likely a double digit suspension in Niagara lol. A combo of a hit to the head and then throwing a linesman to the ice. Here it is:

Reactions: Noofgoof

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Along with other stuff. It wasnt just pims or timing of them.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What does the bolded mean

Not a whole lot if you only bold one little section, perhap if you bold the complete sentence or paragraph.

What I meant is there are too many endless or factless rumors with no infos attached to them. It is kind of taking us in a dream world and out of the reality we are living at this moment with this team. This team has transformed itself big time since the start, let's live it and enjoy the moment to the fullest for awhile and if something true and factual comes our way let's view it as bonus when it gets here !!!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London 4-Windsor 0
Excellent Team Win...........High Speed, Good Back-Checking & Puck Support

Ryan Pyette LFP:
The result was a 4-0 win over the Windsor Spitfires in Ontario Hockey League play Sunday.
It was Raaymakers’ second shutout of the season.

“Our fundamentals (we're) really good; our penalty kill was clicking; our power play was pretty good, something we haven’t had together in a long time,” said Knights’ assistant coach Dylan Hunter.
Joseph Raaymakers: 2nd Shut-Out..........2.40GAA...........920 Save%
“I don’t think about shutouts at all,” Raaymakers said.
“You just focus on you preparations before the game and during the game you try and focus on your strengths and try to stick with them and the results just works itself out.
“Today (the defence) kept a lot of shoots to the outside; keep a lot of shots to the point. They took away the second opportunities if there was rebound or anything and that helped me out a lot.”

It was Raaymakers’ 12th start in a row. The Knights have nine wins, two losses and an overtime loss in his starts.
“(Raaymakers’) preparation is outstanding,” Hunter said. “Two hours before a game, two hours after, he’s got the balls going, the cold tubs, the preparation is some of the most professional I’ve seen. He treats himself as a professional.”

Cliff Pu: 2 Goals 1 Assist......1.29pts game and moving like lightning

“Sometimes the guys come back from pro camp and they trying to make a team and they are playing checking roles, and then they have to come back here and it’s kind of a different game,” Hunter said. “It takes two or three weeks to get back to the role, to find their level of comfort.”
Pu played with Thomas when Thomas was a 16-year-old but didn’t play with him at all last year. Coach Dale Hunter put them together this year when Pu and Thomas returned from their NHL camps, added Miletic and all three have produced for the Knights.

‘It’s just a matter of working a little smarter,” Pu said. “Obviously, when I first got back from camp I know I wasn’t producing the way I can. The last few games I’ve been trying not to think about much and just try to work as hard as I can. I’m playing with some pretty good players. We’ve been playing very well and our power play has been a lot better since then. It’s been fun.”
Raay of sunshine

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Along with other stuff. It wasnt just pims or timing of them.

Didn't I say 13 seconds after he took the penalty !

-Would it change anything ? They scored 13 seconds after the check to the head major penalty and as you wish with all other accompaniments to the box !

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Highlights:
London 4-Windsor 0
London is 10-10-2.........500%

Cliff Pu scores 2 deflected goals from Evan Bouchard shots.
Max Jones scores on PP from a nice pass from Cliff Pu.
I'd like to see more one-timers on the PP from 15' into the Net.
Rollo scores a nifty goal.
Stole the puck from Sean Day.......pass to Nelson........Nelson fakes shot and returns pass to Rollo.
Joseph Raaymakers was focused all game.............excellent angles, rebounds & quickness.
Nov. 19/17 – LDN (4) – WSR (0) – Ontario Hockey League

PuckTalk1122

Sep 3, 2013
PuckTalk1122 mentioned Parsons. I hope he meant the other Tyler. I would give my right arm and left nut to have TP back with Raaymakers and that is no slight against Jordan Kooy. He has the playoff experience and a Memorial Cup ring where nobody else would have had it if it were not for him. Couple that with a World Junior Gold. Brady and Victor are interesting thoughts but I think they are a pipe dream. IF the Montreal GM Beregivin sends him back he would be admitting he made another of his many mistakes. Sad time to be a Habs fan. They need to hire a Mark Hunter to reconstruct their franchise. Rollo seems to have played two really awesome back to back games since the pressure is off with the Carbs trade.

Definately meant Tyler Johnson, not Parsons.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Didn't I say 13 seconds after he took the penalty !

-Would it change anything ? They scored 13 seconds after the check to the head major penalty and as you wish with all other accompaniments to the box !

Missed the point of the post you quote as usual.
Nothing to do with 13 secs, or the penalty he took. Go back n re read my post.
It was about why he was traded.

Last edited:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I see no suspension on the hit maybe one to three games for tackling the lineman to the ice Ryan Mcleod was not injures and took a penalty too the goal they scored was four on four

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
713JQ2tOBaL.jpg

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So lets take the last 10 games as a predictor for the rest of the season. We have gone 7-2-1-0 the past 10 games so that gives us 7.5 wins every 10 46 games left. I would say we could look at our record and safely expect 30 more wins, and maybe 5 or so shootout or overtime losses. that would give us 64 or 65 more points. 86 or 87 points roughly. That should put us at 4th or 5th place. If we make moves I could see us gaining anywhere between 5-15 points which could get us into a good position. It takes about 100-110 points to be in first place. To get there we would need to really go on a run. I think we can expect to land anywhere from 3rd to 5th and that would be a good season all things considered. also it doesnt matter the seed if you are hot come playoff time thats what matters.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So lets take the last 10 games as a predictor for the rest of the season. We have gone 7-2-1-0 the past 10 games so that gives us 7.5 wins every 10 46 games left. I would say we could look at our record and safely expect 30 more wins, and maybe 5 or so shootout or overtime losses. that would give us 64 or 65 more points. 86 or 87 points roughly. That should put us at 4th or 5th place. If we make moves I could see us gaining anywhere between 5-15 points which could get us into a good position. It takes about 100-110 points to be in first place. To get there we would need to really go on a run. I think we can expect to land anywhere from 3rd to 5th and that would be a good season all things considered. also it doesnt matter the seed if you are hot come playoff time thats what matters.

What you wrote is making some sense, however even if this team is playing much better now in unisom they still may end up at the middle of the pack by season’s end. It’s still not (in my opinion) a go for season for this team, they may play better now but they are also the same players that had a terrible start and the possibility does exist they could have a bad playoffs experience !

For those who say I am contradicting myself I’ll say this much; - this team can also have a good playoffs experience just as well !

-I never write a post to win an argument or to be right, I write about possible issues and situations. I care less if I am right or wrong, this absolutely means nothing to me, do feel free to correct me and educate us as this is what this site is all about. It is a mean for conversations or a discussion it’s not a contest, if what we write makes absolutely no sense to you just ask for clarifications that’s all !!!

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
November 15, 2017
139 CHL Players on November ‘Players to Watch’ List for 2018 NHL Draft

NHL Draft
139 players from the Canadian Hockey League were listed among NHL Central Scouting’s November ‘Players to Watch’ list for the 2018 NHL Draft which takes place June 22-23 in Dallas, TX.
The 139 players includes 65 from the Ontario Hockey League, 38 from the Western Hockey League, and 36 from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
16 skaters received an ‘A rating’ which indicates a first round candidate.
25 skaters and four goaltenders received a ‘B rating’ which indicates second/third round candidates while 82 skaters and 12 goaltenders received a ‘C rating’ which indicates fourth/fifth/sixth round candidates.
London Knights:
A...........Evan Bouchard
B...........Liam Foudy
B...........Alex Regula
C...........Billy Moskal
C...........Josh Nelson
139 CHL Players on November ‘Players to Watch’ List for 2018 NHL Draft – CHL

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Tyler Parsons: Kansas City Mavericks............ECHL
MOLINE, Ill. –
The Kansas City Mavericks beat the Quad City Mallards for the
second-consecutive night, this time by a 2-0 tally at the TaxSlayer Center.
Here are three observations from the win:
Great Wall of Parsons

Tyler Parsons claimed his first professional shutout in the Mavericks’ win, stopping all 28 pucks that he faced in the game while earning first star honors.
Parsons excelled all week long, leading the Mavericks to four of their five wins in the current streak.
In those four games, Parsons stopped 135 of 141 shots faced.

Expectations were high for the former second-round NHL Draft pick and NHL.com's top prospect within the Flames system when he was assigned to Kansas City and it’s safe to say that he has surpassed most of what was anticipated from the 20-year-old netminder.
Kansas City Mavericks | Official Website: News
Tyler Parsons had a slow start but has been playing great his past few starts.

1Tyler Parsons11600343.40640013230.905
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad