London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Adding Tkachuk and Mete IMO makes London the team to beat. Already 8-2-1 in last 10, Pu and Thomas are killing it. Adding a second outstanding alongside Bouchard and another top 6 forward is a massive boost to any team, and in the case of the Knights, adds to their bottom 6 depth by bumping someone down the lineup that is likely playing higher than they're comfortable with.

Would make for an exciting last half of the season.

Losing ground to the Greyhounds in the process. There are some solid teams in the West. It's a little premature to say that anyone is the team to beat.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Let's get REAL here. Any thought of Victor Mete being returned to the Knights is pie in the sky. It's just not going to happen. Name any Knights grads who were taken prematurely, then returned ? Gagner, Kane, Nash, ? Sorry, but once gone, they almost ALWAYS stay gone. I know the very odd time it has happened with other teams, but invariably, Knights grads do tend to stick with their NHL clubs.

Best to accept the situation as it is, and if that exceptional event does happen, everyone can jump for joy and tell me how very wrong I was. Until then, best to work with what players ARE on the current roster, and make adjustments if and when those circumstances change.

Rico Fata :)

I agree with you tbou, Id be very surprised if he returns.

I have said I doubt London sells since day 1 (even if I wouldnt mind it)
Big factor in that is players willingness to move and the clubs ability to leverage them to move. Eaay to get a 1st/2nd year kid to move with hopes of more PT. Not as much with drafted, signed kids with nothing fo prove who arent real big team guys (jmo, and it isnt all of them)
Looking at next years squad, itll be a tough year as well. LK wont want 2 down years in a row. They are actually better set to compete this year.
This is all without the hopeful signi g of BT or VM returning.
Itll be intetesting to see what they do. I still feel moving a couple younger players is more likely than a sell off.
Moskal, Foudy, Cottham et all. If they want to stay more or less pat, moving those players gets you a little restock and all are replaceable in house.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Losing ground to the Greyhounds in the process. There are some solid teams in the West. It's a little premature to say that anyone is the team to beat.

First seed isn't happening so it doesn't really matter.

Good test today against Windsor. Let's just hope DiPietro doesn't steal another game for them

Reactions: Knights2729

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
First seed isn't happening so it doesn't really matter.

Good test today against Windsor. Let's just hope DiPietro doesn't steal another game for them
Agreed and they play Sarnia in Sarnia Wednesday which is an even bigger test and then they have Owen Sound on Friday which is also a big test even though Owen Sound hasnt played well the last few games

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Agreed and they play Sarnia in Sarnia Wednesday which is an even bigger test and then they have Owen Sound on Friday which is also a big test even though Owen Sound hasnt played well the last few games

Next 3 games are definitely a good measuring stick for the club. Definitely the hardest games that we'll have before kids start going away for the World Juniors (bar December 8 vs Peterborough).

Good time to evaluate and make a decision as to the direction we'll be headed in come January.

Reactions: Knights2729

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Personally after watching the Knights in a couple of games I can see Hunter picking up a couple of vets and taking a shot at a couple of rounds. Lot of parity this season.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Raaymakers is starting to prove his worth.

Beginning to shift my opinion on the trade.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Foudy is that you holy good to see golden play well his stock is going up borh are playing well today

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
4-0 Knights over Spits !

Two weeks ago against the Storms I commented the Knights did everything they were not supposed to do and loss the game 0-4 , today the Knights did all they were suppose to do and won 4-0 !

They just kept everything in front of them and match Windsor at every attempt to a push back. Nothing fancy just a good sound road hockey victory !!!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Final score: London 4 Windsor 2 (Luchuk hit the post twice--I think some Windsor fans count those as goals)...I kid....London wins 4 - 0 according to the scoreboard.
Knights with a convincing win on the road, Raaymakers with the SO...these are two teams moving in opposite directions.
That London team that the Spits beat three times earlier in the season no longer exists.
Spindoctor, you're up next...

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Next 3 games are definitely a good measuring stick for the club. Definitely the hardest games that we'll have before kids start going away for the World Juniors (bar December 8 vs Peterborough).

Good time to evaluate and make a decision as to the direction we'll be headed in come January.

Well, that's 1 down.

But the bigger tests are still to come.

I hope they're pumped for Sarnia.

Reactions: TheCoach

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Always nice to beat the Spits.

Liked the trade for Raay as soon as it happened. Needed to be done. Cost a bit more than I liked but the team needed a change.

Reactions: TheCoach

PuckTalk1122

Sep 3, 2013
Always nice to beat the Spits.

Liked the trade for Raay as soon as it happened. Needed to be done. Cost a bit more than I liked but the team needed a change.

Raaymaker is the difference, plain and simple. Those who say they'd be doing the same with Parsons in net are out of their mind. Yes the team starting playing better when he arrived, but you tend to play better when you're not terrified of the puck being in your end.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Raaymaker is the difference, plain and simple. Those who say they'd be doing the same with Parsons in net are out of their mind. Yes the team starting playing better when he arrived, but you tend to play better when you're not terrified of the puck being in your end.
No doubt about it, Raaymakers has been terrific. I also think the return of Formenton has helped considerably.
...this just in, breaking news: Carbonara received a game misconduct today for a check to the head. Just sayin'...carry on.

Reactions: aresknights

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
No doubt about it, Raaymakers has been terrific. I also think the return of Formenton has helped considerably.
...this just in, breaking news: Carbonara received a game misconduct today for a check to the head. Just sayin'...carry on.

Since Rollo scored on a nice play that he made then Rollo 1 Carbonara 0 on the trade lol

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
PuckTalk1122 mentioned Parsons. I hope he meant the other Tyler. I would give my right arm and left nut to have TP back with Raaymakers and that is no slight against Jordan Kooy. He has the playoff experience and a Memorial Cup ring where nobody else would have had it if it were not for him. Couple that with a World Junior Gold. Brady and Victor are interesting thoughts but I think they are a pipe dream. IF the Montreal GM Beregivin sends him back he would be admitting he made another of his many mistakes. Sad time to be a Habs fan. They need to hire a Mark Hunter to reconstruct their franchise. Rollo seems to have played two really awesome back to back games since the pressure is off with the Carbs trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad