London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pope Francis 1

Mar 13, 2013
4th goal v SSM? Watch the video. First round draft pick, 3rd year OHL defenseman. Effort like that is unacceptable.

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
Good for him! Always like to see undrafted players get an ELC. That being said, does that mean he will play pro?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
4th goal v SSM? Watch the video. First round draft pick, 3rd year OHL defenseman. Effort like that is unacceptable.

Not so sure what's acceptable for a 3rd year first rounder defenseman ? - Perhaps playing 28-30mi. a game in his third game in 2 1/2 days and after putting in a winner in overtime it's just not enough to please some unacceptabe fans. !!!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Nice observation Fast Pace.
Evan has nice poise with the puck.
He will need to improve his Defensive game in comparison with his O Game.
He's young and will need to improve his intensity, positional play and foot work.
One needs not to be big to be effective in the D-Zone.............good example Victor Mete.
Ryan Pyette LFP:
THE WINNER: Bouchard gets winner in OT against Saginaw.
Third-year d-man Evan Bouchard now has three career game-winning goals.
The first two were last December (in Sarnia and at home against Oshawa). This one is arguably the biggest
since it came 27 seconds into 3-on-3 overtime against overager Evan Cormier. Pu,
having played with Bouchard the past three seasons, knew the offensive-minded blue-liner
would continue to the net after passing the puck. "His hockey sense is up there with some of the best I've seen,"
Dylan Hunter said. "Evan finds those holes and knows when to jump. He made a nice play to Cliff, then followed it up."
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/09/24/london-knights-top-saginaw-spirit-for-first-win-of-ohl-season

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Monday........Tonight:
NJ Devils vs Ottawa 6pm played in PEI.
Jesper Bratt and Alex Formenton

Montreal vs Toronto 7:30pm
Victor Mete and Mitch Marner

Pope Francis 1

Mar 13, 2013
Lying down and taking yourself out of a play isn't acceptable. It isn't. If you wish to defend the play after watching the game film then do so, however the effort will simply need to be better is my point. Yes, I do expect more effort from a 3rd year OHL player.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Lying down and taking yourself out of a play isn't acceptable. It isn't. If you wish to defend the play after watching the game film then do so, however the effort will simply need to be better is my point. Yes, I do expect more effort from a 3rd year OHL player.

OK so he made one mistake on the fourth goal after he made 100 of nice plays, big deal, the game is over so we move on. There will be many more mistakes it's part of junior development, he and others 3rd - 4th & 5th years will all be making mistakes before the year is over, and guess what, there will also be plenty mistakes at the pro level as well, check the NHL.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't think I've ever seen a season where the team's fate rested in the hands of NHL organizations as much as it does now.

Get most back and you're looking at a contender.

Lose too many and it's probaby a bottom 10 team or lower.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Jesper Bratt...............2 Assists............2nd Period.
Both were clever passes by Bratt.
New Jersey 7- Ottawa 0

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't think I've ever seen a season where the team's fate rested in the hands of NHL organizations as much as it does now.

We sure do understand the frustration the team must be feeling but this is a developmental team and league, they can't hold back players if they are able to play at higher level and within the contractual agreement between the leagues. Need to pickup the pieces go back to the roots and start developing winners again !!!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Victor Mete...........Assist on one timer by Jeff Petry.
Nice Play!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I watched the game , if Mete comes back to the Knights it will be a big surprise to me , he looks real good in a Montreal jersey ..

I also have to agree, Julien said in an interview after the game "Mete was our best player on the ice tonight". And in an other interview with former old Canadiens head coach from the past Jean Perron saying "Mete is their best defenseman on their left side they'll have to keep him".

I think Mete is a goner, the Knights are better moving on and look to someone else to sow the C on his jersey !!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I also have to agree, Julien said in an enter view after the game "Mete was our best player on the ice tonight". And in an other enter view with former Canadians head coach of the past Jean Perron saying "Mete is their best defenseman on their left side they have to keep him".

I think Mete is a goner, the Knights are better moving on and look to someone else to sow the C on his jersey !!

Have to wait and see for the regular season. The intensity ramps up quite a bit.

But London could be in trouble with the way some of our guys have been playing at camp. Bratt, Crawley, Juolevi, Miletic, Mete and Jones may very well be gone.

The only guys we can be "pretty sure" are coming back are Formenton and Thomas, and I could see them getting a handful of games.

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017

Sarnia Sting 2016-17 Team was decimated after losing Konecny and Chychrun.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Montreal-Toronto preseason Game last night.
by Matt Cudzinowski @canadiensmtl / canadiens.com
Victor Mete:
"Obviously, I was looking at their lineup and I was kind of like -
'Oh, they're pretty much playing their whole team.' - so I was kind of excited for the competition, just to see how I could do against those players," mentioned Mete, who was back playing alongside veteran Shea Weber.
"For sure, growing up watching players like Marleau, it was cool to play against him.
And, obviously playing with Marner, being able to play against him now at the next level I think was special."
Head coach Claude Julien believes the Canadiens' fourth-round pick in 2016 is most definitely holding his own with the big boys.
"He was a bright light in our game against Toronto, the way he handled himself against a lot of NHL players,"
said Julien, following his club's fifth straight defeat.
"I thought he was good. He played the puck well.
He skates well.
You can see he's gaining confidence here with his game at this level. It's nice to see that."
So, is Mete still in the mix to crack the Canadiens' roster despite his young age and inexperience at the pro level?
"Right now, I would say it's open," mentioned Julien, on Mete's chances of being around come
opening night in Buffalo on October 5th.
"As we speak right now, he's doing pretty well for himself."
https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/postgame-victor-mete-continues-to-shine/c-291360930

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
As an OS fan, I agree that if Mete doesn't come back you will have a big hole on D. But if he comes back, which I think he will, London will be a top 3 team in the league. Formenton should be back before the NHL season starts. Needs to develop his scoring.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alex Formenton remains in Ottawa:
Ottawa Senators Roster Today:
27 Players includes Alex Formenton and Logan Brown

3 Goalies:
Craig Anderson
Michael Condon
Andrew Hammond

9 Defencemen:
Erik Karlsson
Johnny Oduya
Frederik Claesson
Cody Ceci
Dion Phaneuf
Chris Wideman
Ben Harpur
Mark Borowiecki
Thomas Chabot

14 Forwards:
Mark Stone
Mike Hoffman
Kyle Turris
Derick Brassard
Bobby Ryan
Zack Smith
Jean-Gabriel Pageau
Ryan Dzingel
Alex Burrows
Nate Thompson
Tom Pyatt
Max McCormick
Logan Brown
Alex Formenton
Plus: Colin White..........Injured
https://twitter.com/Senators?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
Potentially could hurt the knights like losing kane and gagner to the show back in 07/08. I still think that Edmonton rushed gagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad