Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
The irony here is that this is the show that is most setting up for a big reveal at the end…

You were right! It is ironic...I think wanda wouldve benefitted more from an MCU altering reveal...this show didnt really need it...but damn did it deliver!

10/10 for Loki. Its up there with the best MCU movies.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Awesome ending, and I love the direction they're seemingly going in. That one bit was absolutely heart wrenching and I felt so many emotions. One thing though...

Why didn't Sylvie

Enchant "He Who Remains?" Her powers clearly worked, and if she enchanted him then she could see if he was telling the truth. I guess the real reason was so that she could move the plot forward, but it does seem like a lazy oversight the writers just don't want people to think about. Also how tf is she gonna get home?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

So, according to that video, they think Loki got sent back to the same universe.

Does anybody else think that's wrong? I don't think Loki was sent back to the same TVA in the sacred timeline at all.

My interpretation of that ending was that, when Sylvie sent Loki through the tempad portal, she actually sent him to an alternate timeline. One where Kang is known to be in control of the TVA, hence why Mobius didn't even know who Loki was, because in this alternative timeline they hadn't met before. And why it was a statue of Kang in the middle. Loki is now "trapped" in a completely separate timeline from the Sacred Timeline.

And my guess is that's how he will fit into Doctor Strange and the MoM. They'll run into Loki trapped in this alternative universe/timeline in the movie. And then Loki Season 2 I think will end up focusing on Loki trying to find a way back to the sacred timeline.

Maybe I just understood the ending wrong but I really don't think it's the same timeline. I think Loki is somewhere else entirely at this point.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So, according to that video, they think Loki got sent back to the same universe.

Does anybody else think that's wrong? I don't think Loki was sent back to the same TVA in the sacred timeline at all.

My interpretation of that ending was that, when Sylvie sent Loki through the tempad portal, she actually sent him to an alternate timeline. One where Kang is known to be in control of the TVA, hence why Mobius didn't even know who Loki was, because in this alternative timeline they hadn't met before. And why it was a statue of Kang in the middle. Loki is now "trapped" in a completely separate timeline from the Sacred Timeline.

And my guess is that's how he will fit into Doctor Strange and the MoM. They'll run into Loki trapped in this alternative universe/timeline in the movie. And then Loki Season 2 I think will end up focusing on Loki trying to find a way back to the sacred timeline.

Maybe I just understood the ending wrong but I really don't think it's the same timeline. I think Loki is somewhere else entirely at this point.

This seems to make more sense

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
My impression was that Benevolent Dictator Kang warned them that the rise of Kangs able to manipulate the timeline was inevitable. As a consequence, they would eventually battle and one would emerge victorious only to prune all the other Kangs from existence to maintain their supremacy via some form of TVA.

Only in this case, it was a much more self-absorbed Kang who had no need for the Time Keepers judging by the statue in the TVA.

Last edited:
Reactions: BertCorbeau

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Let the shenanigans begin! Let the mutants arrive, etc. This is an easy way to allow for mutants to have been around all along. Just like Mobius didn't remember Loki, mutants can now show up in the MCU and people won't remember they never existed as killing that Kang shot the timeline to hell and mixed everything up.

ohhh and kissing a variant of yourself incest?

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Apparently they’re starting to film season 2 in January or early 2022 meaning we could see it being released in late 2022 or early 2023.

With Kang’s big screen debut slated in 2023 in the third Ant-Man, it looks like the version of Kang we will see in that movie will come out of the second season.

That being said, Loki’s appearance in the second Dr Strange next year should be interesting in timing since it could involve events that we will see in season 2. Or not, since there is no logical time sequence now in the MCU :laugh:.

It’s Jeremy Berimy baby!

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Apparently they’re starting to film season 2 in January or early 2022 meaning we could see it being released in late 2022 or early 2023.

With Kang’s big screen debut slated in 2023 in the third Ant-Man, it looks like the version of Kang we will see in that movie will come out of the second season.

That being said, Loki’s appearance in the second Dr Strange next year should be interesting in timing since it could involve events that we will see in season 2. Or not, since there is no logical time sequence now in the MCU :laugh:.

It’s Jeremy Berimy baby!

I'm willing to bet we see him on the big screen before that.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

The TVA exists outside of time & space (and timelines). So it's the same TVA, only now it's run directly by a Kang.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The TVA exists outside of time & space (and timelines). So it's the same TVA, only now it's run directly by a Kang.

Ya they are in a pocket universe that is not affected by time like outside the pocket which is why Mobius and other have been there for eons working, they don't age or die of old age.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
A fun theory:

In the post credit scene at the end of Wandavision, her Astral projection overheard her kids asking for help.

I wonder if she heard this though the multi-verse and her kids exist in an alternate reality created by the timeline branching chaotically at the end of Loki. She is a nexus being after all and would exist in all realities.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
A fun theory:

In the post credit scene at the end of Wandavision, her Astral projection overheard her kids asking for help.

I wonder if she heard this though the multi-verse and her kids exist in an alternate reality created by the timeline branching chaotically at the end of Loki. She is a nexus being after all and would exist in all realities.

Well she is a Nexus being.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but it feels like this show did more to set up the next Doctor Strange movie than WandaVision did.

It certainly set up the next Ant-Man movie.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but it feels like this show did more to set up the next Doctor Strange movie than WandaVision did.

It certainly set up the next Ant-Man movie.
The interesting thing about this show is it actually... mattered? Like to the MCU as a whole.

Wandavision and F&WS are like... completely unnecessary from what ultimately happens. Wanda is still a witch, just a more powerful one? It was ultimately a personal story. F&WS is kind of the same - it's a personal story about Falcon coming to terms with what it means to carry the shield, but the last time you saw him in a movie he had the shield anyway so no real change there?

This has a huge impact. First it introduces the Big Bad, which is in itself kind of a big deal. But it also sets the field on which the conflict with said Big Bad will take place. There's a lot of MCU-related plot foundation here, which is unique for the MCU shows. I think that's kind of interesting.

Also the dude that played Kang was great. I loved him.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i feel like going forward there will be quite a few plot holes or at least plot inconsistencies

multiple writers and directers on different projects, with these alternate timelines I could see some oopsies

time will tell

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
i feel like going forward there will be quite a few plot holes or at least plot inconsistencies

multiple writers and directers on different projects, with these alternate timelines I could see some oopsies

time will tell
Not saying their might not be, but so far Feige and his crew have been good at making sure things fit together well. They plan movies and shows and how the interact with each other for years in advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad