Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm in that minority with you but I'm probably in an even smaller minority of people that really enjoyed Hawkeye in spite of how campy and dumb it was.

Though I wouldn't say Loki S1 sucked per se. I just didn't enjoy it as much as others here did.

I liked Hawkeye.

Some parts of Loki were very good. Once it got into weird animals talking and giant CGI clouds I felt it was a little less compelling.

Reactions: ItsFineImFine

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I liked Hawkeye.

Some parts of Loki were very good. Once it got into weird animals talking and giant CGI clouds I felt it was a little less compelling.
Once it got into multiple timelines to complicate multiple universes I really felt deflated.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Since Kang is supposedly from a far distance future I was trying to get my head around the child version of him in the past. But then it dawned on me that, true to some of the source material, that Kang actually sent this version of himself back in time. He did so because it’s the only way to ensure the creation of the TVA and Sacred timeline which is the only way he wins.

This whole series and saga has illustrated everything happens in loops. And this version of Kang creates his own Nexus event to ensure he wins every time

Now I’m not sure if Victor Timely is Kang the Conquerer .. but I do believe Timely is He Who Remains. Timely’s mannerisms are somewhat similar to HWR in comparison to the Kang we saw in Quantumania.

Either way this is great, I love seeing these variants of Kang and different portrayals.

I wonder if this season of Loki will break this Kang’s cycle of controlling time which sets of the unknown of the Kang Dynasty, and then Secret Wars

Damn shame that Majors turned out to be a giant asshat

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bit late getting to this episode this week but man it was once again fantastic.

I also feel like this show is doing a particularly good job at explaining it's time travel mechanics compares to other shows.

It's such a damn shame Jonathan Majors is a POS because it makes it hard for me to enjoy his characters, and Victor was so phenomenally portrayed.

Also, once again. Absolute 10/10 soundtrack. This is what separates Loki from everything else for me. The music is on point in literally every scene.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Wtf is that accent he's doing lol as someone who's supposed to have grown up in 1800s Chicago.

The rest he seems to be doing his version of the scientist Jamie Foxx did in that shitty Spider-Man film.

Anyways just more of the same this season of characters running around saying sci-fi-ish things, not the same as the intrigue and mystery from last season.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The plot of this show is complete non-sense at this point, but the characters and actors are (mostly) enjoyable and the cinematography (and color grading) make it good eye candy.

Reactions: Fripp

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Catching the end of the first Thor with the fight between Thor and Loki and I noticed two things:

- the growth of Hiddleston and Loki over the MCU has been awesome

- Loki specifically says how Thor went soft and changed since being on earth, and in this show he specifically references this

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Normally Jonathan Majors chewing on scenery is fun. He always goes big, but it usually is enjoyable to watch. But his portrayal of Victor Timely is just obnoxious. And it's especially frustrating, given that he nailed the He Who Remains character in the season 1 finale.
(Although him shouting "Which way, Wizard!?!" was pretty darn amusing)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Another amazing episode...

I got major goosebumps when the gang statted time slipping away. What an incredible call back to the Infinity War ending

Also, I dont really fully understand what if any difference there is between the multiverse and branched timelines... But it sure seemed like we were seeing the results of an incursion in this episode as it was explained by Dr. Richards in MoM, where prolonged intervsal travel eould cause universes to collide and basically destroy each other. Was that what essentiallywas happening here I wonder.

Anyways yeah amazing. Finale should be really interesting in the scope of the rest of the MCU I think.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Another amazing episode...

I got major goosebumps when the gang statted time slipping away. What an incredible call back to the Infinity War ending

Also, I dont really fully understand what if any difference there is between the multiverse and branched timelines... But it sure seemed like we were seeing the results of an incursion in this episode as it was explained by Dr. Richards in MoM, where prolonged intervsal travel eould cause universes to collide and basically destroy each other. Was that what essentiallywas happening here I wonder.

Anyways yeah amazing. Finale should be really interesting in the scope of the rest of the MCU I think.

100% this is what an incursion looks like. Reality eroding away in space time.

Nice set up for the series finale .. I'm really excited to see how this sets the table for the MCU.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad