Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Pretty much this. My guess is that the events of Loki will be the setup/motive for Kang stepping into he forefront where he'll be teased in the final episodes. While the MCU's shows are not key components of their storyline in comparison to the movie (allegedly), they provide some important character developments and will help explain some actions/motives in the movies.

My guess:

Ravonna is killed by the Loki's and as the TVA crumbles, this sets up Kang's motive to engage a war. Losing his love and control over the timeline sends Kang on a vengeful rampage to regain control on the multi-verse.
In the comics she does return after biting the bullet.

I think this show out of all of them, will lead the most into the next Doctor Strange movie. With the potential return of the multiverse and that would lead to the first mention of mutants etc. down the line.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Damn, this show is trippy to watch when youre lit. I couldnt stop laughing when Loki was in that loop. Also, the jetski part kicked me in the balls.

This show is crazy. Best Marvel show so far for me.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That was a very strange episode, it's hard to straddle the line between cinematic TV and film at times. I think I preferred the two before, this one had a bit of an all-over-the place element to it and I think it relied a lot on emotional weight.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I am blown away by this show. I enjoyed the previous two shows a lot...but I found myself too concerned with who might show up and reading up on theories, which always leads to a let down.

This show tho...I am all in on what im seeing on screen, i dont need Reed Richards or silver surfer or whoever to show up at the end...im just enjoying the ride.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I am blown away by this show. I enjoyed the previous two shows a lot...but I found myself too concerned with who might show up and reading up on theories, which always leads to a let down.

This show tho...I am all in on what im seeing on screen, i dont need Reed Richards or silver surfer or whoever to show up at the end...im just enjoying the ride.
The irony here is that this is the show that is most setting up for a big reveal at the end…

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The irony here is that this is the show that is most setting up for a big reveal at the end…

Ravonna indicating to Miss Minutes that she needs to access the classified files of the creation of the TVA as whoever is behind it is in danger, is a clear indication that she somehow has a relation to that person (who is likely Kang). Perhaps Kang wiped her memory upon creation of the TVA but she still has a gut feeling that she has to protect the creator for unknown reasons

Reactions: mattihp

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
There was a sphinx in the wasteland - I believe that's a reference to Kang the Conqueror's first comic appearance when he was Rama Tut

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The cloud monster was Alioth… we don’t really need to be drawing cryptic references to Rama Tut or inferences about how Ravonna feels anymore. It’s either Kang or the producers intentionally f***ing with us.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden

A lot of it has to do with marvelous acting. Seeing an actor of Tom Hiidleston's calibre in a TV show isn't anything mundane! Quite a few other actors are just killing it here too! But Tom actually acting in this show was enough for a reveal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad