Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Great ending. Jonathan Majors will be an excellent big bad in the movies. This is a great setup for his appearance on the big screen.

Surprised that there will be a second season but I'm into it.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
"Some call me a ruler... a conqueror..."

Me:
rick.jpg

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Great show.

However I worry about my simple mind trying to keep up with how the MCU is going to go from here.. guess we shall see

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That was the best finale and ultimately the best show of the three so far (I thought other two were also great) but I also feel like it was the least conclusive or possibly least satisfying of the finales because it's more of a cliff-hanger.

Also not to nitpick but does anyone else think the new villain was too cartoonish and goofy to be taken seriously? There were some moments where he felt a bit menacing so maybe a variant of him will be different but I dunno, felt like an older more cinematic actor would've been more of a presence. Richard E Grant come to think of it, he has a villainous face too.

Either way, excited for Dr Strange 2 or Loki 2 or wherever the hell we're going on this wild ride. You guys remember movies like Civil War when having a superhero fight blew our minds? Ah a simpler time.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Even if it was mostly stalling, does the fact that it was "good" stalling and I enjoyed it make it "good"?

In a sense, the Lokis were given the only free choice that could be made in this universe, and it was reduced to a 30 second fist fight at the end of the last episode, and they didn't even have Tom Hiddleston Loki commit to keeping He Who Remains, only that we should "think about it". When this should be the central conflict of the show! At least they thematically brought up this idea of free will, being damned before you've done anything wrong, etc. repeatedly so it wasn't out of nowhere nor thematically irrelevant like the Agatha reveal in WandaVision.

Once again, ever since the dud of Civil War, they've brought up interesting ideas and then done nothing with them. At least the stalling here was interesting. A fight in a Wal-Mart about to be obliterated by a super hurricane, a colony of people all doomed to die to an asteroid, these are aesthetically interesting set pieces much more interesting than "Look, we're doing a rip off of Modern Family with Marvel characters!".

Also not to nitpick but does anyone else think the new villain was too cartoonish and goofy to be taken seriously?

He was the "good" version of himself. Also, he was from the 31st century, so his enunciation was off, like he was trying to do an English accent with an American voice (which also subtly hinted, in the moment, that he shouldn't be trusted).

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That was the best finale and ultimately the best show of the three so far (I thought other two were also great) but I also feel like it was the least conclusive or possibly least satisfying of the finales because it's more of a cliff-hanger.

Also not to nitpick but does anyone else think the new villain was too cartoonish and goofy to be taken seriously? There were some moments where he felt a bit menacing so maybe a variant of him will be different but I dunno, felt like an older more cinematic actor would've been more of a presence. Richard E Grant come to think of it, he has a villainous face too.

Either way, excited for Dr Strange 2 or Loki 2 or wherever the hell we're going on this wild ride. You guys remember movies like Civil War when having a superhero fight blew our minds? Ah a simpler time.

Keep in mind this version of Kang is dead, and whoever we see will be a more evil variant of this one. Look at the various Loki deviants we saw.

It adds to the intrigue since we got a glimpse of his personality but the next time we see him it will be probably be a more terrifying version who might show a bit more unhinged psychotic behaviour.

Even in his explanation Kang noted that while some variants of himself wanted to learn, others were keen on domination. He was the only only to discover Aolith and leverage him to create the sacred timeline. With that version of Kang dead, one of the more violent and evil versions has take over, as evident by the statue we saw at the end of the episode.

As you said though we are going on one hell of a ride in the next phase of the MCU. I loved this show and the other two before it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad