Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
My issue with the timeline thing is that it's a great concept and all but in TV, we can really only follow one singular timeline.

Yes you can have variants come in like we had the Loki variants we've seen so far and I guess the Spider-Man ones which are coming up but at the end of the day, we're with one set of characters. If you deviate and have multiple sets of them then it's just going to become a mess beyond hell unless you do a Loki-Sylvie thing where it's one character but basically two completely separate ones.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not saying their might not be, but so far Feige and his crew have been good at making sure things fit together well. They plan movies and shows and how the interact with each other for years in advance.

Yeah it’s been incredible so far in that sense

just i can see that getting confusing going forward

I hope not since i look forward to all this stuff

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
i feel like going forward there will be quite a few plot holes or at least plot inconsistencies

multiple writers and directers on different projects, with these alternate timelines I could see some oopsies

time will tell
Michael Waldron wrote both Loki and the upcoming Dr. Strange movie, so that part shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: izzy

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
So, according to that video, they think Loki got sent back to the same universe

Maybe I just understood the ending wrong but I really don't think it's the same timeline. I think Loki is somewhere else entirely at this point.

According to the director, it is NOT the same timeline.

"Our interpretation of it was that [Sylvie] thinks that she’s sending him back to the TVA that we know, but because of what’s happening outside that window, it’s on into another branch and it is a different version of the TVA. That reality as we know it, has changed."

LOKI's Final Scene Was Added After Season 2 Decision; Director Kate Herron Breaks Down The Cliffhanger

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

"Our interpretation of it was that [Sylvie] thinks that she’s sending him back to the TVA that we know, but because of what’s happening outside that window, it’s on into another branch and it is a different version of the TVA. That reality as we know it, has changed."

LOKI's Final Scene Was Added After Season 2 Decision; Director Kate Herron Breaks Down The Cliffhanger
Think just kinda confirms that even the directors don’t have a defined concept of how the multiverse/time travel works in the MCU, and basically everything is going to be hand waved over as multiverse stuff. Not really surprising, or even necessarily a negative feature. Just kinda funny and expected.

I mean, we’ve already seen three different methods of time travel in the MCU (Ant-Man quantum, Dr Strange time stone, and now TVA tempad) and two different “multiverse” explanations (Kang’s vs Dr Strang’s). It’s getting hefty to keep it all on the rails, but the fun part is they don’t really have to.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Makes sense and is what I thought.

I'm guessing the Mobius and B-15 that Loki was talking to at the end are essentially different variants of the Original Mobius and B-15. He's in an alternate branch/timeline now where Kang is known to be the one running the TVA.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

Thats interesting that they didnt originally have the ending. I am so glad it turned out the way it did because its my favorite MCU ending outside of maybe Infinity War. Hiddlestons performance running around in panic, the gut punch of mobius not recognizing him, and the statue...just chilling.

A lot of the MCU is predictable bc so much comes out ahead of time, but those last few minutes I genuinely had no idea what was going to happen.

The score of this show is also amazing.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

So the question is, are there now multiple TVA's, or have we already reset back into a singular timeline with a more openly militaristic, less benevolent (supposedly) Kang?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Marvel Studios Assembled: Making Of Loki came out today on Disney+ and I think it's the best one yet. So many interesting bits about the creative process and Tom confirming the menace of Kang in future MCU.

qnzzn6b.jpg

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
The final few minutes put the spotlight on Jonathan Majors' MCU debut, with the actor explaining what he brought to the table as He Who Remains. Revealing that "the Wizard of Oz, Sunset Boulevard, Citizen Kane, [and] Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" were among the pop culture references he turned to for inspiration, Majors adds that he was looking to tap into "The archetype of the wizard and what happens to him when he gets bored and becomes a trickster."
"I think when we meet He Who Remains he's on the borderline of those two things. You don't really know where he's at and I think the ambiguity of that is one of the wicked things about it."
"He Who Remains has lived forever,
" Majors continued. "One of the great things I got to experience with our costume designer is that every piece we decided on was from a different place. The cape I had on was from the Victorian era. The shoes were from Genghis Khan. The pants from Mongolia, etc. You just mix and match it together and it informs the character."
While we know that the actor will play one of the Kang Variants in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, he went on to tease how any other versions we meet could differ from He Who Remains.
"I think with He Who Remains, the objective for me was to give me the largest canvas possible. From that, as Kang begins to rear his head and do his deeds, in many ways, he has no choice but to be in opposition or be different from He Who Remains," the Loki star explained. "That was the thing that grabbed me and pulled me into the role. Kang lives in so many iterations as He Who Remains says: 'Reincarnation, baby.'"
In other words, it sounds like we should expect Kang to be a vastly different character to He Who Remains; he'd clearly lost his mind during the countless lifetimes he spent ruling the TVA, and given how frightened he was of his Variants...well, something tells us those Kangs won't be quite as affable.

LOKI Star Jonathan Majors Teases Kang The Conqueror's MCU Future And How He'll Differ To He Who Remains

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The final few minutes put the spotlight on Jonathan Majors' MCU debut, with the actor explaining what he brought to the table as He Who Remains. Revealing that "the Wizard of Oz, Sunset Boulevard, Citizen Kane, [and] Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" were among the pop culture references he turned to for inspiration, Majors adds that he was looking to tap into "The archetype of the wizard and what happens to him when he gets bored and becomes a trickster."
"I think when we meet He Who Remains he's on the borderline of those two things. You don't really know where he's at and I think the ambiguity of that is one of the wicked things about it."
"He Who Remains has lived forever,
" Majors continued. "One of the great things I got to experience with our costume designer is that every piece we decided on was from a different place. The cape I had on was from the Victorian era. The shoes were from Genghis Khan. The pants from Mongolia, etc. You just mix and match it together and it informs the character."
While we know that the actor will play one of the Kang Variants in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, he went on to tease how any other versions we meet could differ from He Who Remains.
"I think with He Who Remains, the objective for me was to give me the largest canvas possible. From that, as Kang begins to rear his head and do his deeds, in many ways, he has no choice but to be in opposition or be different from He Who Remains," the Loki star explained. "That was the thing that grabbed me and pulled me into the role. Kang lives in so many iterations as He Who Remains says: 'Reincarnation, baby.'"
In other words, it sounds like we should expect Kang to be a vastly different character to He Who Remains; he'd clearly lost his mind during the countless lifetimes he spent ruling the TVA, and given how frightened he was of his Variants...well, something tells us those Kangs won't be quite as affable.

LOKI Star Jonathan Majors Teases Kang The Conqueror's MCU Future And How He'll Differ To He Who Remains

This is what I expected after seeing the finale. We saw the wackier version of Kang that had devolved after years of running the TVA. I’m excited to see a more volatile psychotic Kang that is more fearsome

Reactions: Power Man
Sep 19, 2008
Am I the only one who thought this wasn't that good? It was okay for what it was but the last few episodes were kind of disappointing.

Sep 19, 2008
This is what I expected after seeing the finale. We saw the wackier version of Kang that had devolved after years of running the TVA. I’m excited to see a more volatile psychotic Kang that is more fearsome
I think the biggest problem I have is Kang in the finale who just seemed like an arrogant know it all prick. "Oh, that. You can't kill me. Keep trying." *moves away" AH YOU SEE I HAD VARIANTS TOO

Then again I don't share the fascination many in this thread had when they first saw him, mostly in comic form.

I will continue watching this season s2 but after a strong middle this series tapered out. Started off slow, got going, then tapered out.

Sep 19, 2008
You are the only one.
I suspect part of it is just learning who Kang was yesterday but the last 2 episodes involving the void are okay. It's a shame because I was riveted to the series after episode 2. People said 3 was kind of lackluster but I didn't see it.

The last 2 episodes I can say are pretty disappointing. And how did Mobius just pop open a door to the TVA from the void?

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I suspect part of it is just learning who Kang was yesterday but the last 2 episodes involving the void are okay. It's a shame because I was riveted to the series after episode 2. People said 3 was kind of lackluster but I didn't see it.

The last 2 episodes I can say are pretty disappointing. And how did Mobius just pop open a door to the TVA from the void?

Sylvie brought a time-thingy to the void when she pruned herself and gave it to him.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Tom Hiddleston on season 2

I understand the audience sees good in Loki — they want him to get past his internal and external obstacles. They want him to repair that relationship with his brother and step into the hero that he can be.
He realizes, ‘Actually, I can choose my path and choose to do the right thing. Or I choose, at least, not to repeat the same old tricks that I repeated over and over in a cycle of trust and betrayal. It’s exciting to retain all the characteristics that makes Loki, Loki, and at the same time to play slightly different music within him.

Tom Hiddleston, Michael C. Hall on Importance of Character Redemption - Variety

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Season 2 release date is October 6th.

No mention of Jonathan Majors in the cast lists.
Given that most if not all the series was shot before his incident I am sure he will be on the show but they are not marketing him.

He is supposed to play a Kang variant called Victor Timely who was in the Ant-Man mid-credit scene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad