Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Marvel has been releasing some meh stuff lately, but this show was a HIT. I really hope season two takes it to the next level.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Can't wait and also can't wait to see if the rumors are true that Loki and Mobius are in Deadpool 3.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I am very excited for this... But I also can't help but feel like the entire "Jonathan Majors being a piece of shit" is kind of hurting my excitement just a little bit.

Maybe this was simply too far along but I hope they recast Kang or do something with the character before we really get to the significant Kang moments in this sega of the MCU. If I understand the comic version of him it should be pretty easy to recast honestly.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Booo! I just saw that this is being released a day later in Canada than the States. Also being released in Prime Time for Eastern viewers though maybe that's not new and I've just never paid attention to the specific time episodes were released.

I'm actually going to have to pirate Episode 1 before I go on vacation Friday afternoon. What a piss off

Sep 19, 2008
unpopular opinion: Loki season 1 especially the ending sucked

Curious how they handle him. And didn't Sylvie in her hate filled rate stab Loki 1 to death, even though Loki 1 said he could "see everything coming", you couldn't see a psychotic bitch trying to stab you for the 100th time? Ugh. I hated Loki season 1.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So, so, so, so good.

First of all, the music in this series is absolutely second to none inside the MCU. It does so much for the intensity they're trying to capture in so many different scenes...

Just so good. So much chaos and so much fall out from the season 1 finale and we aren't really even digging into the meat of it yet.

This series is easily the best thing the MCU has released post End Game for me and that's continuing at least into the first episode of Season 2

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This show just does everything well. It really is the perfect balance of feeling totally stand alone and different from anything else in the MCU...while also delivering on the craving for a tie in to the bigger picture.

I think if they had a redo...season one wouldve kicked off the multiverse saga and been the anchor for it. I think wanda vision/strange 2, antman 3, and no way home would work a lot better if they were more directly connected to the events of loki.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Couldn't really get into the new episode from S2. Felt like a lot of running around with exposition but without any mystery/intrigue. Like when the guy from The Karate Kid was explaining what they need to do to successfully avoid doing whatever thing it just felt like sci-fi garble-goop and really cartoonish.

Sep 19, 2008
Season 1 lost me after the tonal shift and they brought on lady Loki. I really liked the Owen Wilson + Tom Hiddleston dynamic they had in the first two episodes.
I agree but after watching parts of it on the plane (someone a few rows up was watching season 2) it actually looks pretty decent. I may watch

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I liked the first episode as well. I can't argue that it wasn't full of time-travel gobbledygook but the cast is great and I'm having fun watching them.

Apparently tonight's episode is basically a McDonald's commercial though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Thought tonights episode was great once again. I love the chaotic feeling that comes with some scenes and episodes, like the way we were just thrown into the middle of everything at the beginning... It was to the point where I thought I had missed an episode or something some how.

The acting was also phenomenal and genuinely not having any idea where the show is heading is exciting.

Easily the best MCU Disney+ series, maybe best MCU series in general(Daredevil is really freaking good though).

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Fantastic episode. The series really is a high point for the MCU.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
unpopular opinion: Loki season 1 especially the ending sucked

Curious how they handle him. And didn't Sylvie in her hate filled rate stab Loki 1 to death, even though Loki 1 said he could "see everything coming", you couldn't see a psychotic bitch trying to stab you for the 100th time? Ugh. I hated Loki season 1.
I'm in that minority with you but I'm probably in an even smaller minority of people that really enjoyed Hawkeye in spite of how campy and dumb it was.

Though I wouldn't say Loki S1 sucked per se. I just didn't enjoy it as much as others here did.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Awesome third episode .. by far my favourite MCU show. I know a lot of it it because of its connections to the multiverse saga, but it's so well done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad